Chapter 15 – Beyond these walls (Part 1)
27 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three days had passed since Helgar was locked down at this dungeon. He had already fainted several times, his body was panting and his chest, due to the lack of oxygen, moved faster than before. A stream of blood slid through his jaw and dripped to the ground. The blindfold was still blocking his vision and blinding his heart, and finally, his mind had blanked out.

Between the mix of silence and the heavy feelings, he started to hear an echo of footsteps coming closer to him. He was not sure if it was his mind creating random noises or if it was someone for real. The sound suddenly stopped, but even though the complete silence, it was not hard for Helgar to sense someone close by.

The man leaned down towards Helgar, his warm breath touching Helgars ear. 

“You are not allowed to die,” the man whispered into his ear. That voice was of Sergeant Gil, the same man that talked to Colonel Ralf a day ago.

Before standing back, the Sergeant injected a syringe into Helgars arm causing a slight pinch to him “This should keep you alive for a while”

Jerking his body, Helgar was well prepared for the silence game. It seemed to be the strategy he had chosen for long years in his life. However, it did not seem to bother Sergeant Gil as much as it got into the nerves of Colonel Ralf.

He calmly stood up. “They have overestimated your power….you do not need all these cuffs. He waved with his hand, calling the soldier that was guarding the door.

As soon as the Soldier stepped closer, Sergeant Gil ordered “Release all his cuffs” 

“But sir ..we cannot do that Colonel Ralf has ordered..” 

“I am setting the order here, and I said do it now!” the Sergeant shouted in an utter loud voice, his hand ready to grip the soldier on the neck.

"As you wish sir Sergeant" totally panicked, immediately the soldier nodded and went closer to Helgar. After Releasing both the neck and hands cuffs, Helgar lost his balance and fell to the ground causing more injuries to his face.

But neither the soldier nor Sergeant Gil seemed to be concerned. And before releasing Helgar feet, the soldier looked back at Sergeant to confirm. In return, the Sergeant raised an eyebrow back at him. "I said All cuffs."

"Yes sir Sergeant" The soldier glanced away from the threatening gaze, carefully removing the last ones around his ankles while still feeling nervous and wary of the so-known monster to him. Finally, he stepped behind Helgar to release his blindfold.

Like crazy, the Sergeant grasped the soldier's wrist, squeezing harshly and firmly on it, not stopping until he heard a crack. The Sergeant carelessly let go of the soldier tossing him on the floor. "Not the blindfold useless...leave us alone in here and lock the door behind."

"Yes sir!" The soldier jerked his hand, jumping up and acting ignorant to the pain. He walked to the metal electric door, leaving the prison and locking them both inside.

Sergeant Gil looked down at Helgar, pausing for a moment right in front of the collapsed body on the floor. "Why don't you try your power now Helgar.."

Helgar coughed before leaning both of his hands on the ground, on a hopeless try to help himself up  *I don't know how to use my power*  He thought to himself losing his hopes 

The Sergeant stepped forward, putting the sole of his shoes on Helgar's fingers. He was more confident that the blindfold was captivating Helgar's power and he had a strong urge to humiliate him. 

“So you are not talking. Listen boy, and I am not here to help you. and I will not force you to talk to me. I am here for my own sake . and for that you have two choices. I will leave you rot in  here with Colonel Ralf." Pushing his sole stronger on Helgars fingers aiming to smash them

Helgars grunt , was it the pain? or was it the name of Colonel Ralf that disgusted him?

"And you guessed it right boy. Colonel Ralf will make a good guinea pig out of you. That means that place, those walls and these cuffs will accompany you until you die. …..” He paused for a moment. As he looked at the pain on Helgar's face, he pulled his foot away from him.

 "Or..." the Sergeant took several steps in reverse until his back touched the wall. The coldness of these double guarded metal barriers gave him a rush of pleasure. With calm manners, he lifted one knee leaning his foot against the wall.  he reached to his jacket grabbing a packet of cigarettes and shook one off. His stares are locked at the young helpless boy while he lit the cigarette with cold blood.

Everything seemed to be amplified for Helgar, The smell of the cigarette penetrated Helgar lungs suffocating him.  Feeling the ache at his chest, he let of several coughs  "Or.." Helgar grunted again.

A smirk was finally drawn on the Sergeants' lips. *so he eventually spoke..*

 

0