Chapter 16 – Beyond these walls (Part 2)
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Or…"  He threw the cigarette on the floor right next to Helgar before slowly walking towards him 

"you will listen and obey my orders. You can not trust me, and I will never trust you. but that will be the essence of our contract, no trust.
If you choose to obey me, I will respect you, empower you, and teach you how to survive with your powers.  In the contrast, if you disobey me I will repurpose your power against you, I will humiliate you and I will throw you back to Colonel Ralf and enjoy watching you die miserably."

Sergeant Gil gave an intentional silence,  he could have talked further but he preferred to give some time to Helgar to process all the info he gave. But no matter how long he prolonged this pause, Helgar remained silent.

So the Sergeant resumed “What would you gain? You will learn how to control your power. you will be loved and respected. Above all you will not be the demon creatures that people fear ..  you will be accepted as one of us"

Helgar was still breathing heavily and panting he tried to stand himself but he failed and fell back, the sweats covered his face as his heavy breath filled the void of the place "It is not that.. but what would you gain?"  he grasped his words through his heavy breathing, breaking his everlasting silence

The Sergeant could have bullshitted Helgar, but he knew that his chances were low winning that. 

"It is a game little kid… you will never understand. It is a power game. You have some unique power that could match your fathers power or could be completely different, you are an endangered creature" Sergeant Gil kneeled, grasping the lit cigarette before pressing it hard on Helgars cheek. Helgar gritted his teeth in yet another silence. This behavior was eventually getting the Sergeant off his limit *Why...Why don't you do anything, Helgar*  

"Sadly you are useless , weak and clueless " Sergeant Gils became harsher, with the full intent of hitting Helgar spirit.

"Those whole years you had your power, instead of using it you were trying to conceal it and hide." The Sergeant pulled himself off standing and getting ready to leave "You may be fooled that you are important because of this impulsed magic that you are not even capable of controlling. At best you are a worthless coward human being, at worst your soul is already tainted by all the people that died because of you.”

These harsh words of the Sergeant stabbed Helgars heart…worthless…coward and all the mascaras he witnessed in the past….His heart ached with pain. And it was true, he was laying like a dead body on the ground.

" Rio…even that blond spoiled boy could do better than you, at least he was able to protect a passive unknown like you..I believe he would have saved us big time finding you if he was shot or killed earlier" The Sergeant carelessly commented moving further away from him. *useless..*

Rio...a thunderstorm hit Helgar's head hearing about Rio.  At this moment, a wave of energy surged through his vessels,  screaming from the top of his lungs,  He pushed his body with both hands to finally stand on his feet. Even with completely impaired vision, he could illustrate the exact location of where Sergeant Gil was standing. Like a stream of wind, he dashed and hit the Sergeant's chest with the elbow, throwing the Sergeant several feet away into the wall. Was it not metal, it would have smashed into pieces.

No, that was still not enough. His rage and hatred made his steps faster than an average human. He again slid to the wall, and with a strong fist he grasped the Sergeant's throat. Using the tip of his fingers, almost close to rip the Sergeant's throat away from his body. "You can call me whatever you want...but dont you dare hurting Rio.. not even with words."

The hit injured the head of the Sergeant. He raised his hand and placed it on top of Helgar's wrist, trying to pull his hand away from him. However, Helgar instantly countered him by raising his knee and kicking the Sergeant on his hip, tossing him once more to the ground.

Trying to collect himself up from the ground, the Sergeant grunted in pain. This time, Helgar stood in his place, ready to go into a bloody fight. 

Deep inside, The Sergeant had the excitement, as he was finally able to awake that monster, not only that, but now he knew one more. So Naive was Helgar. In the Sergeants head, he knew that Rio was important, but what Helgar had just shown took this to another level. "Naive, simple and stupid...Dont you get it? Rio is troubled because of you" 

Not scared a bit of the boy, The Sergeant got closer to Helgar , placing one finger on his chest. "It is you to blame for Rio miserable life...so why are you acting like a stupid saviour when in reality he is just another victim of your devilness"

Lowering his head down, Helgar closed his eyes all the physical pain he had, was not even a match for these words. "I want to die here Sergeant...I do not want to live"

The Sergeant shook his head folding his hands across his chest."Why are you telling me this. You are already here to be humiliated and die. All I was offering you an alternative ending" 

"To be respected, loved, and accepted..how can I trust you," Helgar said as his breath could be clearly heard

“…you are a foolish naive boy. Trust is not our contract.. but respect…what is respect Helgar… it is that monster that you need to wake inside of you …you cannot earn respect while you are hiding and running from your destiny”

The whole discussion was tempting. Something in the Sergeants conversation was urging Helgar to break his silence and go into a debate, part of him is desperate to find answers "This cursed power…people will die because of me. People will be scared..To fear someone is not to respect them.. "

"People will die because of you in either direction that you choose. Colonel Ralf will repurpose your power. When your father sacrificed himself to you he had better hopes than you hiding in filthy places until you die…. definitly he had better hopes than you becoming a guinea pig of this dungeons…" The Sergeant was standing still, but eventually, it was time to end this conversation.

“You are a liar Sergeant.. You said our deal will be based on respect, and you are using your dirtiest weapon against a captive” Helgar said as his breath could be clearly heard

“…you are a foolish naive boy. Trust is not our contract.. but respect…what is respect Helgar… it is the that monster that you need to awake inside of you …you cannot earn respect while you are hiding and running from your destiny”

The whole discussion tempted Helgar to break his silence and go into a debate, part of him is desperate to find answers “This cursed power…people will die because of me. People will be scared..To fear someone is not to respect them.. ”

“People will die because of you in either direction that you choose. Colonel Ralf will purpose your power. When your father sacrificed himself to you he had better hope than you hiding in filthy places until you die…. definitly he had better hopes than you becoming a guinea pig of this dungeons…” The Sergeant still on the ground with some space between him and Helgar  , he finally jumped up,  and patted the dust from his pants and shoulders “Without your consense… maybe it is best that you rot in this place.. anyways I am wasting my time here…I should go”

Helgar stands still in his place unsure what to do as the Sergeant pass by him shoulder by shoulder “When I leave this door, it will be the last time that you see me” as the Sergeant steps started to drift away intentionally in a very slow manner, the steps making a clear echo to the empty walls. Helgar fears grow and hope to shatter in the air.

“Hey you..…” Helgar calls

“Hmm” The Sergeant stopped, not happy with the informality Helgar was choosing but acting ignorant for it.

"I will obey your orders…take me out of this place" Helgar says with a heavy heart “teach me about me power”

*Well that was easy...at least the easier than I hoped* The Sergeant drew a slight at the edge of his lips

0