Chapter 17 – A Familiar face
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dyna and Rio were sitting for hours on the train before it finally reached its last destination. 

 A man opened the door to their cabin. "Sir, please follow me."

"Now can you please tell us where are we going?" Rio asked with frustration at the lack of information he had faced so far.

"Sir, you will get to know soon, there will be a car waiting for you outside. Please be patient," The man said as he guided Dyna and Rio out of the train to the car.

The man that guided them was wearing casual and seemed less intimidating than the soldiers on the train. Which by now, were also not following them anymore and this made the whole situation less stressful. 

The man opened the rear door, waiting for them both to get in. 

Rio was scanning the surrounding, fascinated by Aurum. 

It seemed so vivid and colorful, a joy to the eyes. Fewer soldiers, less gloomy faces, and less grey. Well, to be honest, Aerman was not grey, but maybe it was reflecting the people's souls there.

"Sir are you getting in?" The man interrupted Rio's daydreaming. 

"Oh yes sure" Rio jumped in, and Dyna followed.

 "You are full of surprises  "Dyna whispered to him in a tone that he could only hear.

As soon as the car's engine revved up, the window show started for Rio; looking through the streets, it was easy to tell the difference between Aurum and Aerwald. 

 The vibrant territory had almost everything Aerwald did not. The shops were different, flowers, kiosks, sweets, clothing, in fact, lots of clothing shops, witnessing more cars than he had ever seen in his whole life in Aerwald. And oh god, the fancy buildings, almost every window had flowers or plants surrounding its corners. 

Do the people ever feel sad or bored in Aurum? A question of many questions in Rio's head. 

The car finally reached a closed gate. Without an effort to mention it, the guards opened the door immediately. Probably it was the type of the car? Or the man driving was well known to the guards. 

The car drove through a big organized road with symmetric gardens on both sides. Each side had cube-shaped bushes. Behind them stood pyramidal forms of Evergreens. And on the horizon, more green was to be seen.

Such a majestical place that overwhelmed Rio. It all felt like a dream. 

*I could have been here …but instead …* Rio drifted into his thoughts again before the car went into the main building square. A fountain with ancient sculptures of winged humans pouring the water into the basin in the middle.

As soon as the car stopped, The same man who accompanied Rio and Dyna jumped from the front seat to open the door in polite manners. "ma'am , sir please follow me"

Rio briefly glimpsed at Dyna, walking down through the entrance and into the hall

Inside, all the personal were wearing unified blue suits with white shirts underneath the jackets and black boots. 

"This is an army place," Dyna whispered to Rio. 

The place was as fancy as the outer one, with red carpets, vases, and long aisles with costly doors on every side. 

"Hmmm," Rio answered back, both of them still following behind the man until he stopped behind a door at the end of a long aisle. 

The man knocked at the door twice, opening it.

"Please .." The man gestured politely to both of them.

"Sure" Rio stepped into the room. It was a spacious one. The front ceiling was all made of glass; behind it was an enchanting view revealing the beauty of a massive green backyard. 

Close to the window, there was a a huge L-shaped desk made of walnut wood . Behind it, was a fancy chair with Someone that was already sitting. 

The man was staring out of the window, Making it hard for Dyna or Rio to recognize who he was.

"So you are finally here" The voice sounded familiar to Rio, but not close enough to his memories.

 But whom else could it be.

 "Colonel Adeno.." Rio threw a name, a shade of colores clashing in his head and through his memories. 

"So we met again" The Colonel smiled, still giving his back to both of them 

"What a small world." Rio gasped, almost jumping out of excitement 

 "Thanks for making it easy for us" Rio let out a soft chuckle, feeling pleased and satisfied. Colonel Adeno the winning ticket of having Helgar back.. "What a great coincidence." 

Finally, The Colonel turned his seat to face Rio. Both greet each other with a long-lasting smile. 

"What a coincidence," Rio said. Peace was the closest thing to describe his feeling at that moment.

Rio saw the Colonel's face only once, already ten years ago. So why did he feel so close to him, or probably he was it really, that he was so desperate to save Helgar

"Or is it a coincidence," The Colonel smirked, jumping up from his chair, ten years had passed, yet still the same handsome colonel with the tanned skin and silver hair as before.

0