Ch. 6 – Return to the Castle
225 4 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Were is this? Where am I? This feels familiar.

Oh. I'm in my bed.
Wait... I'm in my bed? That bed?
It's warm. I guess it's not so bad.
I snuggled up to the pillow I was hugging while keeping my eyes closed.

"Are you awake, Yuri?"

"H-huh? Mom?" I uttered.

"Yes. Did you sleep well?" she asked.

"Y-yeah, I guess? But, mom, how are you here?"

"I'll always be with you, my child. I'm here to give you some advice."

"A-advice?"

"Since you were young you were too scared and shy to take what was yours. You need to stop being indecisive and take action or the things and people you love will no longer be with you."

"You're right, mom." I answered, thinking of the many things and people I'd lost conquering and unifying the demon empire.

"You should rest now."

"Thank you, mom." I said as sorted my thoughts and drifted back to sleep.

______

In the morning, as she woke up, Yuri was still in her bed, at her Castle.
Her mother was gone, and she was hugging a pillow.
Disheveled, still wearing her armor and robe, she rang the bell to call for her maid.

Her maid, Elizabeth came running through the door, jumped at Yuri and hugged her tightly.

"Get off me, Liz" Yuri said, yawning.

"Where have you been, my lady?" Elizabeth looked concerned.

"Don't worry about it, It's not like anyone can inflict any harm to me. I need you to clean my armor, and a fresh set of clothes."

"Of course, my lady. I'll immediately get your uniform." Elizabeth answered.
"Please don't forget about your work, my lady." she added, throwing a stare back at Yuri's cold eyes. A thing few could do without wavering.

After dressing in her uniform that was adorned with military awards and brooches, she looked imposing. 

She undid the magic that was hiding her horns with a snap. In the morning light, four white horns sprouted from each side of her forehead and above both her ears. 

This was her crown.

With her presence oozing out, she stepped out of her door and in her usual stride she walked by the servants in her quarters, of which all were surprised to see her.

After a short walk, she entered a long, large room with pillars on each of its sides and a red carpet connecting a raised platform with a door that was genuinely way too large.

The raised platform only held one seat. Her throne made of bones. It is, in fact, made of bones yet there were no discernible shapes to remind one of bones.

Yuri sat down on it and thankfully it had a pillow and padded armrests, she would have long thrown it out otherwise. Leaning her elbow on one of the armrests and placing her head atop her palm, she lifted her other hand and snapped her fingers.

With a loud creak, and the sound of gears turning, the Large Door slowly opened wide enough for three people to stand in the gap.

Rushing in were multiple officials, focused on looking at and talking to each other.
Things such as "Do you think she's come back today?", "Please return quickly, O' Empress." and "She has got to come back soon!" could be heard from them till they got near the raised platform and noticed the bored Empress' gaze that was piercing every single one of their heads with curiosity.

"E-eh?" they all exclaimed, raising their eyes to meet Yuri's.

Yuri didn't greet them, nor try to talk to them, she was looking at them as if she would either pat their heads or rip them off, just to see what would happen. And in truth, those were the thoughts she was having.

"We greet her Majesty the Empress, Yuri Sophia of Kirznah!" was unanimously uttered from each of their mouths.

"So, what's up? Why did you wish for me to return quickly?" Yuri asked, her speech unbefitting of her presence and getup. 

An official stepped onto the raised platform, giving Yuri a few papers and said "The Duke of Rabrosa has started funneling his troops to be stationed in the Imperial City as Guards. It seems he's planning a coup, due to your Majesty's absence."

"Hm." Yuri was annoyed to be thrown into a power struggle immediately after she returned. 

"Anything else I should know?"

The official continued "Yes. The Duke's plans are seemingly being supported by all the lords around his territory, it seems he's promised them land and money for their support. Furthermore, there has been civil unrest caused by your Majestys disappearence. As well as-"

"A spy within the Palace." Yuri ended his sentence.

"Yes, your Majesty." he awkwardly answered.

"I will end this." Yuri proclaimed.

I had a good time with my immediate family yesterday, Merry Christmas guys!

\(^~^\) I hope you're all well and I hope you like this chapter. I tried something different with the perspective in the beginning and I'd love your guys feedback for it!

8