Ch. 5 – The Boy, The Head and The Silver Knight
230 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yuri had cleaned out the whole cave and stored her loot in her magical bag. The stolen goods were stacked outside the cave.
She was piling up all the kobolds corpses, which were missing their leather and hearts.
Igniting them all at once with a snap, she left the forest.

Back at Kirm village, during sunset, she went to the chiefs house, knocking on the door.
This time he opened the door himself.

"Ah, it's you, Hello" he immediately asked: "I assume you've taken care of the Kobolds?" 

"Yes."

"Come in, Come in, be my guest, we're having dinner. I'll get you a plate." he offered.

"Thank you." Yuri said, smelling the appetizing food. She was anticipating her stomach would awkwardly grumble, which it didn't.

Yuri took off her robe and hanged it on the hat stand. She went towards the table and greeted the chiefs wife.

"Hello."

"Hello to you too, thank you for taking care of it." the chiefs wife earnestly responded.

"Big Sister." a young boys voice came from beside Yuri.
Yuri looked to her side to see a boy who seemed to be 5 or 6 years old.

Yuri's lips curled up into a happy smile and she kneeled down to the boys height.

"Hello!" she said in a way that was in complete contrast to her scary appearance. "What's your name?" she asked.

"Aaron."

"Aaron, that's a good name. I'm Yuri." she said, while thinking how cute this boy was.

"Then.. big sister Yuri, are you an adventurer?" Aaron asked.

"Yes, I am, how could you tell?" Yuri jokingly answered. 

Aaron laughed and asked "C-can I see your sword?"

"A sword is a dangerous weapon! But I'll make an exception, since you won't be able to lift it anyway." she teased him.

Yuri took her sword out of its sheath and held the handle towards Aaron who gripped it tightly, and as she let go, it fell to the floor since Aaron couldn't hold one bit of its weight.

"Big Sister is mean!" Aaron said, not believing he couldn't lift it.

The Chief had returned with a plate and cutlery for Yuri, he put it down on the table, stood next to his son and said "Let me show you how it's done!"

He reached for the hilt of the sword and tried lifting it but wasn't able to get it completely off the ground.
"Haa.. Haa.. What's this damned thing made of, Miss?" he asked Yuri. 

"Dragonsteel."

The village chiefs eyes glinted with greed for a split second before he got himself under control and said "Ah, I-I see.."

Yuri sheathed her sword and leaned it against the wall, she took a seat at the table with everybody else.

The Chief said "Let's say our prayers."

With the three of them Clasping their hands, the Chief started reciting a prayer.

"O' Lord, in heaven above may you be thanked for blessing us with this food prepared by loving hands, blessing us with the strength to carry on as you would have us, and may you be thanked for blessing us with this life. We shall dine in thanks and wait for the day we dine with you. Gloriam."

"Gloriam."

"Gloriam."

The food was a duck stuffed with vegetables and a thick brown sauce, as well as some salad and bread.

After eating, the chiefs wife and Aaron went upstairs to sleep.

"Let's get down to business." The chief said.

Yuri's answer to this was her placing a sack she had with her on the table.

Slowly opening the sack, which smelled of blood, the Alpha Kobolds decapitated head was brought to light.

"Holy..." the village chief said with sweat rolling down his forehead.

"You killed this thing?"

"Yes." Yuri said, apathetically.

"Then I'll send word to the guild and have them increase the reward. Is that alright with you?"

"No. It's fine, I don't need the extra." Yuri answered.

"Then..?"

"Don't worry about it." Yuri said as she stood up, holstered her sword on her belt and donned her robe.

"Thank you, I hope you'll be well." he said puzzled, not knowing what to do with the head.

As Yuri left the village, she felt her shadow wriggling.

"Ford. What is it?" She asked, snapping her fingers.

Appearing from her shadow was the same ghastly figure that left her room through the floorboards yesterday.

"I've been observing him since yesterday, he shortly left the town and is en route to here." Ford answered her.

"I see."

______

Shortly after being alerted to her targets whereabouts, Yuri sped up her pace.

As Yuri spotted a person coming from the other direction, she slowed down and finally stopped. There he was, donning full, shining silver armor and a blue cape, he was as tall as Yuri, with a broad build. The Moonlight reflected off of his armor, and as he took his helmet off, his face came into view.

Small ears, long brows, blue eyes that seemed to smile at you and beardless, rose colored lips, that were resting on a jawline that seemed to Yuri like it would be the best thing ever to touch.

Yuri was in shock at the handsome knight standing in the moonlight.

Yet, suddenly, his face contorted as he threw his helmet, and brandished his longsword.

"You!" he shouted, sprinting towards her.

"H-huh?" Yuri was surprised at his hostility and wasn't ready to defend herself.

Kicking her chest, bringing her onto the ground with a thump. Using his sword to remove her hood, and pointing it at her neck.

"W-w-what?!" Yuri exclaimed, not expecting any of this.

"Tell me, who did you sick on me?" he shouted.

"U-uh-uhm.." Yuri had no idea how to answer.

"You don't need to play dumb, the guild master told me about you requesting my Information! And the same night, someone.. something started following me around!" he angrily told.

"What do you know? Explain yourself!" he demanded.

Yuri was not in a state where she could make conscious decisions and as such, she snapped her fingers and vanished from under his foot.

Visibly confused, he looked around, before discerning that she was gone.

I gave my best with this one! ^-^ I hope you like it. What would you do if a knight in shining armor appeared before you?

8