CHAP#5 level 23: lackey of the young miss
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Are you pulling my leg, you damn system!!

Is this your style of joking?

"I couldn't even open it with any sort of tool, then how am i going to destroy it?", Ethan felt cheated by system.

But he couldn't do anything. He hurriedly went back to his apartment. On his way, he saw different people having different levels but majority were still level 1.

As he reached home, he closed his door and also pulled all the curtains down. He wasn't a fool. He knew now that this system came from the chest and the chest isn't anything he could take responsibility of!

He wasn't scared but he was still cautious of those people and the penalty of system.

"If the rewards are as good as the things in store, then penalty is going to be something big!", Ethan gave an overview to whole situation.

I should do something about this chest..

But as he was getting late for his job, he didn't have any choice to leave this matter for later. So he washed up and went to his work.

After arriving there, all workers were already there. He gave his greetings and started doing his work. 

"Yo, kid you are late today! Don't tell me you were successful in gettin' a girl! Hahaha.", the old man came to him and started talking but Ethan didn't pay any attention because he was still thinking of his mission.

"Kid, you listening or not?", Old man gave him a slap on his back that jolted him back to reality.

"Old man, you trying to make my future wife widow or what?", Ethan refuted angrily but he wasn't angry. He knew that the old man was good natured.

As he saw the level of old man, he was dumb founded and kept staring.

"Level 5

(Old man)"

Seriously!!!

He's even more powerful than me!

Well considering his age, maybe its alright.

"Kid, don't stare at me like that, I'm not into male for god sake! Even if you can't get a girl, don't stray from right path!", The old man chided him, while taking a few steps back.

"Look at your age old man! And why would I fall for men? I'm a healthy straight man!", After saying this, Ethan started working again, not paying any attention to old man. Old man also laughed loudly and went to his work.

At lunch break, Ethan noticed everybody's level and they all were level 3. He knew that all these people are used to exercises that's why.

It was 5 pm. End of his work. As Ethan went outside from changing room, he saw the manager of this place.

He was shocked. His mouth was agape. He didn't know what to say. 

Because...

"Level 23

(Lackey of young miss)"

Is this some joke?!!

What does this manager eat daily?

How did he become this high level monster!!

But system...are you out of your mind!!

Your saying he's lackey of young miss!!

Shouldn't he be a bodyguard or something?

"Young man, why are you spacing out?", Manager said in a slow tone.

He was around 37 years old. Ethan was still looking at his level and suddenly his body shuddered.

If he's this strong then his young miss and then her family......

Thinking till here, he knew that taking the chest was the wrong thing he did.

Beep..

No way!!!

Don't tell me...

"New mission has been issued.."

"Find out the identity of big boss and Reason for all this process. Time limit 2 months.", System went silent after giving mission.

"..."

The hell!!!

What did i do that my life is becoming so miserable!! Ethan wanted to cry but no tears to be found.

"Young man!", The manager said again Lightly.

"Ah, yes Mr. Manager! Nice to see you in good health.", Ethan suddenly blurted out what came to his mind.

"Haha, nice young man. Keep up the good work.", After saying this, the manager went past him. Ethan heaved a sigh of relief.

"What am I going to do about this mission now?", He was worried now. He didn't even know how to finish his daily Mission and now system gave him another mission.

"I should go home for now.", Then Ethan started walking home. As he was passing an alley, he heard something being chewed into. First he thought of ignoring but .......

Beep..

"An artificial existence has been detected."

....

1