Chapter: 1
3.7k 19 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

So I’m Twins?

Extra: So I’m Twins? I myself as another. 

Overhauled and changed, but the main story line up does still follow the original. Patches finished, Editing done, Grammar problem done, and more. Plot Update New, please comment bellow about your thoughts.

Yes. Hate me I know. Sorry. Don't bother to stick around

 Chapter: One  Goddess 

[Opening] 

I drifted in a dark, cold world without end. It was like a void, an endless Void deeper than anything. My body felt like I was falling while it didn’t, I was like chained, and it was heavy. My life had ceased so long ago I had forgotten whilst I drifted in this unfortunate painless dark world. 

Within this world, I drifted alone, no one to talk to as I reminiscenced my memories of back then. I am a normal guy who just works in a game company. I was cultured, more into that in some time. I have no fiancé as usual, and was alone with my friend who got a date from a girl he met from school a long time ago. 

[[WARNING]]For instance, before I arrived into this dark place, my friend and I agreed to have lunch accompanied by his lover. We met up in the cross section of the road then walked into a store where they offer good food.  But before we even reached the place, a robbery happened nearby and we were threatened by the robbers, me and my friend with his lover panicked of course. My friend was feisty and attacked first without thinking too much. All 5 robbers were armed with a gun.

With swift coordinated movement, five barrels were pointed to my friend’s head and shot, just in time; I bashed him trying to fling off the trajectory of my friend’s assault and I got shot instead. Seeing my friend stumble, he looked at me in disbelief and strangely enough, smiled. That time I didn’t have the capacity to think everything out so I saw it as grief.

Anyways, luckily it wasn’t my head that was shot, but my heart, it was not lucky, it was worst. The girl immediately called for an ambulance but my friend disregarded and ran bringing her away. I thought that he might’ve done it with good heart thinking about the girl, but he didn’t. Like I was those people you would see in movies sacrificing themselves to save the others kind of thing, but whether or not this is realism. 

And so it came to worst, I died in a very heroic way to my friend’s eyes saving his life, or not. Not much I could do, could I? I waited; groaning in pain as I wistfully lost my perception of my body and eventually, everything. Even after my “death”, I stayed conscious for a long time, very-very long time, I was awake. I didn’t have anything to do and I couldn’t move, which felt like torture. It was just black, like a void. It’s like those slates used to scribble and write about, but instead it was like empty, devoid of any marks. 

I used to think that I had saved my friend, but he didn’t? A minute call and small amount of time could’ve saved me, but both ways I waited and none came. The smile I recall, is it really him grieving? The robbers had escaped from my line of sight then as I lay sideways in the road, looking far away where the path my friend took. 

Was it really him doing this in good favor or a trap? I don’t know. My hearing had ceased by then, and my sight had wavered like water droplets. It felt that my body was ripped, torn and covered in ice apart. I held doubt, waiting for that chance but as my life faded I had none.[[WARNING END]]

After that, I arrived, or should I say I stepped in to the “Afterlife”. It was dark, like I said. A chill colder than ice crept up to my limbs one by one and had already taken out my senses, the pain, and feelings, unfound in this dark place. It felt like an eternity as if time had stopped, unmoving as my consciousness wavered. And that, heavy chain like things latched to me like snakes swirling through me, into my heart. Sooner than later, I felt a strong surge of sleepiness and nausea every now and then. 

I never had the mind to count seconds, never mind days if there were one so I optioned it that repeats like every 2 weeks. Then I waited and waited as I bored myself feeling the two every so often and heard something like a clock, ticking inside of my head. The chains like things that held me had pulsed like a heart, and the heaviness I felt had lightened a bit every time the tick sounded. 

 I listened to the faint ticks of the clock, counting as it moves. 1 . . . 2 . . . 5, I counted as it started to keep me from going into madness. My consciousness was fading little by little in this formless uneven world. Every tick it makes lessens the burden I felt as “Time” goes by. 

 Well, I thought and thought up ways to escape this place until the ticks stopped altogether and replaced by a strange mechanical voice that spoke to me.

{Connection: 100% . . . Transferring Complete}  

The weight I felt had disappeared all at once like a feather falling slowly. My body went drifting into a slow, falling movement. Then I felt something touched my back, I stood up, seemingly surprised upon opening my eyes. A vast white world unfolded in front of me, edgeless as far as the eye can see. I checked my body, the wound I sustained were healed and the marks of stains from the wound were gone, although the hole it stripped through my clothes had remained, but nonetheless my life was back as new. I felt feathers falling, brushing to my hair as it hung sideways. 

I look to the side of my vision, with the background of the white world, there was a small office desk placed in the middle. It was surrounded by heaps and bounds of papers, each taller than my height. There were also a similarly large red, soft carpet beneath, a person sitting in the middle of it all. Beside the person, there was also a very small plant inside a bowl which looks like it was made of metal, weird. 

However, a lady with wings sat in the chair holding a piece of paper as she drank from the cup she held in her free hand. Where I am standing at was near a comfy leather couch and a small table with a teapot and snacks like those you would see in a luxury lifestyle. Either way, since I was standing I sat down in the couch without asking and analyzed myself. 

I died trying to save my friend from a gunshot. No regrets whatsoever, but it was kind of sad that I wouldn’t be able to see those two again. He was a cheerful guy that got engaged into a girl he met at school. Well more into that in the future or so. 

The papers in front of the girl were removed with a snap of her fingers, revealing herself. She lowered the cup she held and placed the piece of paper she held earlier on the desk, then looked far off in the distance and sighed. She arranged her hair and groomed part of her wings, then stood up and walked in the couch just in front of me, or at the other couch that just appeared with a puff. 

She wore a Greek-like dress that just covered her like bandages from her whole body. In her back grew a pair of silver-black wings, part of it was beginning to crumble and a silver-black dust flew when she wiggled her wings as she walked elegantly reaching me. 

“How do you feel?” she said to me, a look of worry and sadness shown in her beautiful face as she spoke. Speaking of which, she looked like a teenager that was around the 12th grade or so, either way she looked young. Her face was cute and beautiful; I couldn’t describe all of it though. She had a very bright golden hair mixed with silver dark, it was tied into her left side of her head while the other were just hanging untouched. Her hair was like the moon, reflecting the golden shine of her hair, the gold as the sun and the other as the moon, Lonely in solitude. 

There was a flower in the part of her ear that matches her hair placement. Well, Her eye were colored like the gold sun, Her left eye was kind of like, lifeless, while the right was bright. Her right might have been blind or something, either way. Something about made it looks like she had lived a very, very long time since. From me, I thought of her she must’ve suffered a great deal before she looked like that. “Where am I?” I asked to the girl who magically snapped her finger and a cup appeared, filled with tea to the brim as she sipped it. 

“You’re in a place I only permit” Said by her. Her voice was like that of bell. It was very high pitched and smooth like relaxing in a cherry blossom season where you have a picnic and enjoy the flowers fall atop you. Her voice was very calming like a big sister. She examined my body. I looked down only to see my body which was shot. Faint traces of blood still permeated in my clothes and smelled like iron, part of my clothes were tattered from the gunshot of one of the robber.

“What am I doing here? What are you?”  I probed in quick succession as I held doubt. “One by one and don’t be hasty. You’re here because I saw great potential in your soul and for you other question. I’m no one anymore” Shrugging, she picked the snacks from the racks and ate it with a crunch. 

“What do you mean” I exclaimed. “After your life passed, you still withheld consciousness which was naturally abnormal and unnatural considering that death follows a very long, treachery path to madness if you don’t let go” She said, bemused. “Is that so? I don’t remember trying to sleep though”. “Okay. . . Skip that part. After a great deal of time, you still had thought for the one you risked your life for, why is that? Aren’t you angry or At least mad? “ 

“I don’t” I shrugged back. “They are my friends” again. “Even if they had enmity towards me, I don’t really care. I saved them, that’s all that matters, its not like I could go back and revive now can i? Miss… ?” I said as I tried to ask her for a proper real name. A look of surprise spread in her face as she held her chin with her left hand and the other, supporting her arm. “Still, you had a successful life, Hadn’t you regretted dying at such an early age? Oh and, as I said, I’m no one. No name” She said looking uninterestedly as she snapped her fingers once again and a new set of tea and snacks reappeared. 

“I do not.  I may sound crazy but what’s done is done. Or can you possibly and revive me? I reckon that because of all those things you have been doing for a while now.” I assured her while asking for what was the thing she was doing snapping her fingers. “Fine then, you sure is a weirdly fellow. Fine then, I have taken an interest in you” as she reached for another snack, nearly eating all of the snacks prepared. 

“Can I have some?” I pointed at the crackers prepared. “Yes, you’re free to do so. It was yours to begin with, I’m just eating it because I was hungry and you wouldn’t eat so I just helped myself” She said when she grabbed another plate full of snacks again. Well, so I grab a plenty full and tucked in, seemingly I feel like I was in home. Not that I’m homesick or something, but something about this place give that feeling where you could relax like you were at home, Which was weird and comforting at the same time. 

Back to her previous statement, She said smugly as she reached in the air then her cup from before showed up. A set of teapot and cups puffed from below her extended arm, then prepared itself. Pouring a cup filled with tea then floated towards me. “What is this?” I asked weirdly as I pointed towards the shenanigans happening. “Oh this? Are you interested in this kind of thing?“, she said as she smiled then sipped a mouthful of tea from the cup. “Not that” I said, then pointed again from the floating cup. “What is happening? “ I said while probing her. 

“This? It’s called magic. What I’m doing though isn’t what you exactly call magic. It’s just pure alternation of the gravitational field that made the cup float. “She said as if it was natural in the world. “ I do not know off, what is magic anyway? “. “ Magic are a natural phenomenon one person has. Think of it as a dam, you as the vessel is the water. The magic acts as a barrier that supports you, as the dam. By incanting magic, you could freely control the laws of the world like as if controlling a set of water taken out. Have you taken an interest in magic”, she said. “I do not get your point. Where I came from is a world without this magic you call” i brushed off her smug. “You’re a peculiar one. All souls I have met had known of magic ever since, but you do not. You will make a fine subject of mine” She said again as she smug. 

All had she had done is smugging as she sipped a cupful of tea. I had the thought to ask her where she even acquires that plentiful of tea from a small, yet intricate designed teapot. “This is my last” she said as she lowered her cup. “I hope for you to become my vassal” she said looking far away in this endless white world. “My time has come to leave the matters this world contains. I am no more than a husk betrayed by its own kind” looking depressed. “A part of me wished to continue, but I simply cannot. For I am being like you” answered. “What do you mean? What are you by the way?” I tried to ask her for answers but all that came is a sad look while she smiled. 

“As you have learned from me, I am nobody anymore. I do not exist as a person”. “Can I name you then?” I offered. “What do you mean?” she questioned back. “I mean, haven’t you had enough of calling yourself as nobody? Or even saying to yourself you do not exist anymore? Who am I talking to then? Can you please answer, Miss. Lunaria?” After I said a name fitting for her, my body ran out of energy and collapsed from the couch I sat on. Fortunately, the couch was soft and fluffy, cushioning my weak body from heavily ramming into the hard parts of a normal couch, if there is for this one.

Her name originated from the olden gods, from her silver wings and silver hair that came to mind is the moon, a lonely being with none to talk to. She just felt lonely in her limitless time. I do not know how she came to call herself as a nonexistent being, but it just felt all unrelaxing. So I gave her a name fitting for her description, even in the afterlife I still have problems I carry. I guess.

“You Wha-? “Panicking, I felt a throbbing sound that came from my heart as she stood up from her chair. “You, do you know what it means to name a god do you? “ She said looking angry at me. What do I know? I wanted to retort back, but my strength vanished in an instant I slumped towards the ground, cushioned by the couch of course, only to be held by Miss. Lunaria. “I do not know. But I just wanted to console you, you know? I don’t want to see any sad people I had taken a liking too” I said from the very bottom of my heart. 

“Reckless. But giving a name to nobody as me. . . I . . . As Lunaria accept “She smiled with joy unlike her previous smiles, full of sadness. “Giving a new meaning to me. . . very well then. With my authority I shall at least gift you something worth of my ability” she stood up from her chair and touched my ruffled hair. After a while, she sat back again and told me the gift she gave me. 

“I will be reincarnating you in another world where my last authority is still at work. It comes with risks, but I favor you. I will explain. “She told me the world where I will be coming from. It was a world of swords and magic altogether. It also has that game-y kind of thing called [Status]-es that each person has. They have a level system too that comes with a kind of job system when you reached an appropriate level cap you could unlock new or better jobs as explained. As the higher your level is, the higher the strength you have she said. 

The current affairs of world were also unknown because of her so called authority. So I ask, “What do you mean by ‘authority’ Miss. Lunaria?” I said unknowingly. “Authority means the aspect as to where I can still meddle. As I said, this world has a system right? That’s where the gift comes in”. Oh, I pondered for a moment thinking of the possibilities and then stopped for a moment. “So does that mean, where your powers have effect?” I said to answer her question back. “Yes” she nodded. 

Then if she didn’t then wouldn’t all be all this crap is worth by nothing then? Glad she had that ability so. “Anything else you ask?” “Yes, I have. Um, why did you pick me?” the very first question I had since I came into this white world where I encountered Miss Lunaria. Like, how did she find me? And why did she pick me? I said this before but, it isn’t all about how both of us relate to each other. But I needed answers before I start trusting her. “Hmm . . . “She pondered. “As I said earlier, no one has ever stayed conscious after their death. It must’ve felt like torture isn’t it? Yes, I have also felt that horrible experience before I found this place. So I, after that, pulled you into this place” saying that while handling a pen and paper to me. 

That doesn’t make any sense at all. How would people even understand what she said? Well, either way let’s just phrase it as her picking me for her “Vassal”. Then it would be all simple. “I want you to write your wishes in that paper and I’ll make it come true. “ She said to me as she handled a bunch of paper and began to compare the things from the pile from the paper she held. “I don’t have any. If you would like, can you do that for me? “I asked to her. “Hmm . . . . That may be a problem. As you can see I cannot write into other person’s wishes and only then you can” she said to me as she snapped her fingers and wore glasses. 

“Oh okay then,” I bickered shyly. “What do I put in this by the way? “ I asked once again. “What do you like or what you want to happen, like that. It’s up to you if you write something but I’ll handle your body so don’t worry about appearances” she said bravely. Though, hopefully she at least retains my original gender.¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 Soon after, I wrote my wants/wishes into the piece of paper and where I passed it into Miss. Lunaria where is and had read the 3 things I wrote. “Hmm. . . this is acceptable. Okay is this all you want? You can go with a maximum of a hundred you know? Or are you fine with 3 of them? If so then you can add more don’t worry.” 

“No thank you, I’m bad at making choices that many anyway. I’m fine with Miss Lunaria picking it out for me, but if Miss. Lunaria still can’t then the three listed are fine. “I said to assure her. “Oh okay then, if it’s your choices I’ll leave it to you then. So . . . after this how would you like to live? “She said gleefully. “Hm . . . . I’m fine with a normal family out in the woods if you prefer. I’m generally bad at communicating to people other than I trust and know of. “. “Okay then, at the forest.” She grumbled and whispered something to herself while giggling. Which gave me a really, really bad premonition considering her personality I understood in this short amount of time we met. 

“Thank you for giving me another chance” I said trying to sound happy and thankful, but I felt that my feelings had degraded a bit while in this place. “Sure-sure, Your welcome darling, so as planned then. Wait until you’re mature enough okay?” said trying to be assertive of me. “Yes thank you” I turned my head as I said. “Huh. I see so this is what happens to Phase travelers huh?” whispered miss. Lunaria. “What is that?” I asked asking her tilting my head. 

“Oh it’s where your category is from. You know that you came from that dark place right?” She tilted her head which also looks cute as she did so. “Yes? “."How should I put this into words. . . It’s your current condition. I’m a god you know? I could see through your mind and even your heart if needed too. “She flipped her hand and with a puff of smoke that projected my mind and heart. With my body exclaimed as a grey mist

[[“This is your mind. It’s incredibly pure” She pointed my head in the smoke. “And this is your heart. It’s beginning to detoriate by little, and I guess it was because you came from the afterlife it has also sapped your heart and had bearings in it. “She pointed the heart where it beated like my heart did. ]]

The place she pointed to was hazy and seemed like it was fading. “In a time or so in the future, the progression would stop but the damages cannot be repaired anymore. Meaning you won’t have any emotions left. I can’t fix this with my current condition,  I am very sorry, but I could try and lessen the effect. Are you fine with that?” 

Is that why I am very cold today? I mean, I am thrashing around in her place without minding everything. Well, if I could heal this then it would be fine she could try and slow the process while i find a cure. “Oh and, there is no cure by the way. Go try and heal it yourself” She shrugged. “Oh any why do you even call yourself a God then!!!” angrily I said. “Its not like I could not do anything you know? I don’t have the ability to tamper with hearts since I’ve lost almost all of my power. “She said with a teehee like a child, and then snapped.

A silver ball swirled towards from that split into two and merged into me and I felt that my body had weakened too as it assimilated into me. “Here this should do the trick. I’ve imparted my power to you! Oh and you might have problems down there that I don’t know okay?” she waved. “What do you mean” questionably I said. “My power had divided into two. Well I tried to impart a part of me to you. Anyway, Good luck down there. “

 Just as she did that, a pentagram appeared underneath me with a faint green, blue and red glow. The pentagram circled and began to swell upwards, incanting other symbols and circles appeared. My feet began to waver like dust being blown by wind. But it wasn’t like a traumatizing event like vanishing; it felt comfortable as being massage. It felt warm that it was almost vexing; Enthusiasm and anxiety filled my whole body waiting for the other side as it gobbled up my whole body. “Have a safe journey, - “her voice was cut off at the last minute before the pentagram finished and my whole body became like that when I was just a wandering soul in the afterlife as she explained to me. 

A dark world like last time, there was a sharp cutting pain coming from my head reaching my toes. And I felt like I was divided apart into two, my consciousness writhed in pain, soon I gave up and I slept. It wasn’t like the cold, dark world once, but a world where there is warmth and hope unlike the last time, where it was lonely. It lasted a moment, but it was enough to make mind gave up from the pain I felt then slept.  

Edited by: Minidiamant and Consume Calcium

52