Chapter 8. Dinner and……
71 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Quixey, Piper, and Zilka brought me to one of their favorite bars. It's not fancy or anything but, it's my kind of place where you can just kick back and relax. They led me to corner table and relax themselves, before calling out the waiter. For your information, it really is a waiter and by that i mean male. 

It's kinda weird to see a man wearing  a cropped top bunny suit paired with a weird glittering satin g-string. I know he's good-looking and his body is well... tight, but still... y'know. Well, each to their own, i guess. As i can see he got some silver or gold for every two three tables he passed. 

"Oh! Big sis Quixey, Big sis Zilka, Piper, and... who's the old man?" The waiter blurted out what was on his mind without further consideration, and look at me with suspicious eyes. 

"WATCH YOU-" I put my fingers in Quixey's mouth to stop her from making a scene, and give some cues to Zilka so that she could explain the story. 

"It would be best for all of us if you could watch your mouth, Fag. He's Ars. Quixey lost to him and make the Oath. That good, Ars?" Did she just called him fag!? Fag faggot!? Uhhh... wow. I probably misheard her accent or something. Yep, must've missed it. He's already scared shitless because Quixey raised her voice.

"Yes Zilk, that's good. Let's put this behind us and start over. My name is Ars. A new adventurer. You'll see me a lot around the guild." I take his hand and shake it. We all entered the awkward zone for a time.

"Fag, we'll have four of the usual, please. As for the drinks, cold ale will be good. You want anything else mr. Ars?" Breaking the awkward atmosphere, Piper make his entrance. Thank you Pipe, god bless you. But did you just call him fag too!? Is it his name or something!? 

"That's good for me Pipe. Thanks." The waiter then got away as swiftly as he came. 

"...Pipe, Zilk, who is he? I heard both of you called him fag or something." Please let it be my mistake and his name isn't fag.

"He's Fag, Ars. He's been around for sometime. The owner bought him from a slave trader and gave him a name and a job." And it really is his name. I grimaced after hearing Zilka's answer. 

"You don't need to feel bad, mr. Ars. I remember when he was first brought here, he can't even speak, because the slave trader's men broke him. It's miserable." Piper's words made my eyes widened. He talks about it without batting an eye. 

"Uhhh... Piper, you and Zilka are the same age, right?" From my perspective, they both should be around sixteen. It's not an age of someone who've seen everything. 

"That's right, mr. Ars. We're around the same age. But, we stopped counting after.... when did we stop, Zilka?" Umm... if it's that long time ago, there's a chance that, like Victoria, they're older than me. Though they look like a teenager. 

"If I'm not wrong, i stopped counting at seventeen or something. Mistress Victoria suggested that it's useless to count our age in the same way human does." Zilka shrugged while answering. Well that's a good suggestions. If i live for thousands of years I'd definitely stop counting before i start. And they both older than they looked like. Hell, should i just assume every demonic beings the same age if not older than me? I have to think about it. 

"What's with the sudden question Ars?" Zilka give me her own question after answering. 

"Well... there's this thing called legal age where you can do shit, right? Like drinking for example."

"Of course there are, mr. Ars. For most of us demonic beings, it's thirteen years. Like it or not, you have to go out of your family's house after that. It's not really matter if you will live or not." Piper's face tinged with sadness and pain when he said that. That tradition is just brutal. Realizing how his face looks, Piper quickly shift his gears and be all smiles again. No, Pipe you don't fool anyone. 

"Ehem. Enough with that, show us your status, Ars. You promised us." Zilka read the mood and change the subject. Nice one, Zilk.

"Yeah, Master. Show us." Quixey spoke at last. From the moment i shove my fingers into her mouth, she she keeps sucking on it, ignoring our conversations. And now she joins in again when she's interested. Her mind really like a child's. 

"Sure. Why not, right? .....my throat is dry."

"What's with you!? Do you have a saliva fetish or something!? Why'd you keep trying to use it!?" Zilka snapped. That's....a good question, actually. 

"Actually yes but, Uhhh...well, let me cut my finger real quick." I then try to grab my knife.

"Sorry for the wait. Here's your orders." Fag placed our foods and drinks on the table, and went back from whence he came. Looks like, Quixey seriously terrify him.

"Shall we eat first?" I'm not trying to avoid my part of the deal, but, I'm starving. 

"Hhaaa... let's. It's not like you're going to run just because we want to see your status." Thank you Zilka. 

The meal itself is nothing too extravagant. It's just a roasted meat. The more concerning thing is the size. Mine, Zilka's, and Piper's chunk of meat is as big as my head. While Quixey's is like all of ours combined into one. 

The size makes you question is the seasonings absorbed or not. But seeing them eating so heartily, i take my knife and fork and cut it in the middle. Once it cut open i heard the sizzling sound and see the meat juices dripping out of it. It's a mouthwatering view. So i take a mouthful and chew it slowly. The taste goes boom in my mouth. I can taste the juiciness, sweetness, saltiness, and a little sourness. It's a wonderful taste that spoil your bud taste. 



I agree. It does taste good, but, my cooking is still better you know?



Oh you're still here girl's voice!? I thought you're gone for good since i can't hear you anymore after that fight.



Can't wait for me to be gone, huh?



Well... on the contrary i love the way your voice sound, you know. It's a clear and beautiful voice with a vibration on the low pitch. What i wouldn't do to hear that voice waking me up in the morning and lulled me to sleep in the night. I al-



O-Okay i get it, alright! You l-like m-m-my voice! There! Enough of that! Let's change the topic!



I still got a lot to say though. Like-



Let's. Change. The Topic. 



Ma'am yes ma'am.



Good. You need to find one between these three and they will help you regain your memories. The first one is the Yggdrasil's Dryad. It will be a real hassle to find her and i won't bet your shitty luck on it.



Ouch!

The second one is the ancient dark elf she's been gone for the last six hundred years. So i also won't bet your shitty ass luck on that. 



Hey! Could you explain without taking a dig on me? I'm hurting here!



........



...Nothing. Please continue. 



The third one is the easiest but also the lengthiest. You have to go to Aphrodite shrine that located in the northernmost point of that world on top of the something something mountain that she created from copying mount Olympus. The traveling time you will need to get there is around eight to ten months. 



And then?



Once you get there, you will have a chat with her. I'm sure it'll jog your memories. That's all. I need to go. This little telepathy chat of ours is draining me like crazy and i still have something to do. So bye....

Wait! I.... and she's gone again. 

"...What is it Zilk? Quixey?" Zilka is doing a no-distance staring from my face till our nose is touching while Quixey is tugging my ear. 

"At last you responded. You keep scooping the air while in a daze. I thought it's a side effect of your earlier fight against Quixey." 

"Master please don't make me worry like that." 

"Are you alright, mr. Ars?" I looked at the three of them alternately their worried faces makes me feel warm. 

"Nah... I'm just a little tired. Nothing else." I quickly snatched my tankard and down my ale.

"Ahhhh.... that's good... What is this? It's really good."

"Do you want more mr. Ars?" 

"Sure, Pipe. As long it's still in the budget."

"No need to worry about that, Ars. Contrary to how she acts, Quixey here is loaded." Zilka points her thumb towards Quixey. 

"Oi Fag! Get us more of this!" Quixey's voice really makes him trembles. My condolences. Just like that, we drink the night away for sometime until... 

"Ey Blackie! Who's the new guy? I haven't seen him before." Who's this brawny scaly girl? From the way she called her, she looks close to Quixey.

"Mmmm~." I looked down and see Quixey who lie on my lap and hug my belly. I know she's already drunk by the twelfth mug, but hey, at least answer her. It's not nice to ignore someone, y'know?

"Oh! Lady Xuelixta. Fancy meeting you here. I thought you're going south to crash the human's rallies." That's a scary topic you got there,  Zilk. And you're still okay after downing that much?

"I finished it three days ago and came back just now, Zilka. Good to see you three still chummy as ever. So, Zilka... Back to my question who's that?" And she answered like it's nobody business. This girls scary. Scratch that. Piper who smiled dazzlingly after hearing her exploits is also scarier.

"My name's Ars. A new adventurer. Pleasure to know you." I quickly stand, grabbed her hand and try making a firm handshake. 

"I'm Xuelixta, myriad elements dragon. Ruler of the dragons. The pleasures is mine. So... you're the one." Her eyes turned sharp as she smiled.

"The... one what? I don't get it." I show a blatant confusion on my face.

"The one who beat blackie and want to be made as an adamantite adventurer by the guild. I'm one of the people who disapproved though. You're not qualified enough to be one of us." Xuelixta snorted as she told me that. Hmmm.... Xuelixa... Xue...lita.... why do i have the feeling i already heard that name before.... Fuck my head's ringing already because of the alcohol in my systems.... Yeahh... can't recall. 

"Sure, whatever. Care to join us, Xue...litax?" 

"Sur-Did you just mock me!?" Her hairs stands up as her body starts glowing. The fuck did i say wrong?

"Please stop, Lady Xuelixta. He didn't mean it. He slurred his words because he's already drunk. Just look at him."

"Yesh, Ladhy Xuelixtah mishta Arsh here has a reaallyyy good attityudeee hee won't shay that dellliberatelyyy." Zilka and Piper quickly defuse the situation so it won't escalate.  Hearing their plea, Xuelixta looked me in the eye intensely. 

"Shut it, you two i ain't drunk yet. I can still drink you two under the table." 

"Hhhaaa... sorry for the outburst, Zilka. It is as you say. He's already out. Looks like the last job makes me a little high strung. Oy Fag! Give me the usual." Xuelixta accepts their reasoning and quickly shift her gear.

"Fag!! Oyy Fag!!! Where is he!?"

"You just made him, my other workers, and half of my patrons fainted. While the other half is running for their lives because of your  earlier outburst, Xuelixta."

"Ehh? Umm.. I.. I'm sorry, owner. But it's not exactly my fault. He mocked my name. So i-" when did i do that!?

"Hush! Young lady. You cannot be a leader if every little things like this get on your nerves. Our names are hard to pronounce for the humans. And what did i tell you about power and responsibility. The one who have great powers, have the responsibility to-"

"Use it wisely for the sake of the people's happiness, prosperity, and security." 

"Tell her, owner! Let her have it!"

"You-"

"It's good to know that you still remember it, Lady Xuelixta. And you're not off the either, young man. You're also responsible for this mess. I want you two to make it up to me. But, i will make this an exception because you're new here and Lady Xuelixta must be tired after her last job." 

"Thanks mo-i mean owner." 

"Thanks, owner."

"Well? What can i get you, Lady Xuelixta?" 

"Ah! Umm... could you give me the usual please?" The big brawny scaly girl really shifted her gears. Forget about shifting it down, she shifted it to reverse. She acts all meekly now. She even straighten her back and close her legs while she sits. 

"Very well. And what of you two?" Two!? I remembered there's three of u-yup just two Piper already bites the dust. 

"I'm good, owner." Zilka lifts her mug while saying that. 

"I'll have whatever she got, owner."

"All right. Wait for moment." The owner then go towards the kitchen.

"Sorry if i mispronounce your name Xue. Can i call you Xue? I can call you Xue, right? You won't be offended if i call you Xue, right? Rather than mispronounce your name again, i think it's best if i call you with nickname."

"Stop ranting. ...Sure, you can call me Xue. But, i still don't approve the adventurer guild's evaluation saying you're as strong as us. Blackie here is a unique case as she can't maintain her true form for long. She's the only one who can't. That's why i believe that you're just lucky to surpass her time limit, and you didn't beat her fair and square." Xuelixta talks condescendingly. 

"Whatever suits you, i guess. None of you adamantite adventurer approved of it anyway. Although, i believe that luck is also an important skill to have for an adventurer, but maybe it's just me." My and Xuelixta's talk were going back and forth around how I'm just lucky and luck is important until the owner came and served us our foods. 

"Mmm~. Your cooking are the best, owner. I really missed it while i'm away." Xuelixta ate her food like she's chugging it down. She's beaming throughout until her plates were cleaned, and then her shoulders drooped. 

"Thank you for the compliment, Lady Xuelixta. I will bring more drinks." The owner go towards the kitchen once more.

"*Nom* *Nom* So... Zilk wh-no good she's out. Uhhh... Xue?"

"What?" 

"Hey, no need to be so hostile. I only want to offer you a part of my meal cause you look like you still want more. If you don't, then, fine by me."

"I'm not going to change my mind. You can't bribe me with only that much, you know."

"Like i would bribe someone with a meal that half-eaten already. If you want it, say yes. If not, say no. If you're still hungry, just order more. But don't act act like an abandoned puppy. My guilty conscience would keep me awake at night." Like i didn't see that her shoulders drooped ever since she cleaned her plates.

".... Then, just a bit will suffice." I cut one tenth off of it, and give her the much bigger one.

"Here." 

"Didn't i say a bit will suffice!? You're just dumping it on me."

"Oh come on. Like hell just a little would be enough for a big girl like you. I dare bet it still won't be enough for you."

"Hmph! I will eat it. But only because the owner's delicious food will be wasted if i don't." If you're gonna act like that at least hide that smiling face, Xue. 

"Here's your drinks!" 

""Thanks owner."" Me and Xuelixta talking over each other. And because of that she glares intensely at me.

"Ufufufufu~. Look at you two~. I only leave you for a while and you're already look closer than ever~. You even talk at the same time~." Before answering, i read the atmosphere like the perfect gentleman i am, and wait for sometime before opening my mouth. 

""No."" 

""Can/Could yo-""

""Stop talking over me!""

""Don't-"" Seeing we won't get anywhere and the owner can hold her laugh no longer, i just gulped down my newly brought drinks. Aannnddddd.... somehow someway, she gulped her drinks at the same time too. And that's the last straw as the owner burst into laughter.

"*Wheeze* I...i can't... how  could you two be so... ahaha...hahahaha...." i took a glance at Xuelixta and saw her face turned crimson. She becomes crimson dragon.

I don't really mind being the butt of the joke but, seeing Xuelixta's face became so red and her eyes were already on the verge of tears from the embarrassment, i decided that it's high time to change the subject. 

"So... Mis-scratch that, mrs. Owner, you're some kind of a foster mother of Xue's, right?" My sudden and blatant change of subject invites animosity from the both of them. Like, the fuck did i say!? The air turned sour instantly as the both of them looks like they're contemplating their options for sometime. 

"You... How did you know?" Yup, there's a clear murderous intent on Xuelixta's words. 

"Nahhh... no need to be on edge. I learned it just now, actually. You two just confirmed it for me. Did you even try to hide it? Like, i clearly remembered how mrs.owner here were looking at you with warm eyes full of motherly love. And don't get me started with how you, Xue, keep tumbling over your own word every damn time you're calling her. Not to mention the change of aura, body languages, speech, etc everytime you both talk, or even make an eye contact with each other." 

When i listed the shortcomings in their charade, the owner hides her red face with her hands, looks down, and shook her head nonstop. And while I'm at it i shall examine Xuelixta makeshift cocoon closely. Mhmm... She first pulls her colorful hair down to hide her face while the other hand catch and hugs her own tail, and then she holed herself inside the makeshift cocoon made out of her wings. 

When i was examining Xuelixta, i heard, 

Déjà vu, I've just been in this place before Higher on the street, and I know it's my time to go 

All the time. Like, what the fuck!? I don't even remember that song!

1