Chapter 10. More Or Less A Continuation, And……
40 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Alright. So? What now?" I asked Neerichekyis. Because I was only told to find and talk to them by the girl's voice. 

"Would you mind to elaborate, friend. As you could see, we, and i mean everyone except you, also do not have the same skills as yours. Such a shame, really."  Victoria's cut-ins were on point as the others nodding to her words.

"Of course, Victoria. Long ago, when you helped sheltering me, i have told you there will come a time, when this world will be changed for the better. Where we, the oppressed, shall unite and fell the goddess and the humans will not have her divine protection anymore."

"Why yes, dear. I do remember that prophecy of yours."

"And that time has come, Victoria. I myself once thought that the Queen, Illyanna is the catalyst of that, as she herself, is powerful enough to defeat the goddess. Alas, i was mistaken. Divine beings could only be defeated by another and although Queen Illyanna is indeed a divine being, she does not have something that is needed to do it." Neerichekyis's rantings is really blowing my mind. Is  Illy really that strong!? And like, if I indeed am a divine being, why the fuck am i the weakest one present here!? That's bullshit! 

"And this skill you speak of, is Master truly have it? Also, Master lost his memories. How can we just dump our problems on him." Now it's Quixey who cuts in and mentions about the elephant in the room. Well... yeah... now that she mentioned it, i just remember that I lost my memories. 

"Yes, of course miss Quixey that is the sole reason, how i could come to this conclusion." After Neerichekyis answer, the girls shoot their questions and she answered. It keeps going on and on, they asked and she answered. Problem is, i don't understand most of the shit that they're talking about. .....I'll just take a nap.

"Are you ready, Master Ars?" The one who woke me up was Neerichekyis. 

"Yeah, sure. Whatever. I don't even know what you're gonna do to me." I shrugged and show her an annoyed face. Neerichekyis is confused by my acts.

"It is none of your concern, friend. My dear Master here was only jealous of the fact he could not partake in our last conversation." Victoria explained it perfectly and smiled smugly at me. Just you wait, You little bloodsucker...

"Back to my first question. What-" 

*ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR* 

The thundering roars made the ground tremble and my eardrums ringing. Not long after, the captain girl who led me to this room came in and whispered something to Kitara and make her face twitch in disgust. 

"Humans, my Queen!" Kitara's words prompted Illyanna and the others to enter battle mode, as they're transforming themselves into their true form. Except for the many eyed girl who still watched me closely. What do you want from me, girl? 

"Mister Ars, we shall continue the trial after putting an end to those humans' charade." I don't know why but, i got a feeling that Illyanna still mad at me for something. After that, all of them fly out of the room leaving me with Neerichekyis, Piper, Zilka, and the many eyed girl.

"So, uh... how old are you, Neerichekyis?" The awkward silence prompted me to start talking. Though the answer i got were only cold stare and menacing smile. Well, at least I've tried.

"Mister Ars, i don't think that's an appropriate question to ask a lady." Piper smiled bitterly at me while saying that.

"Oookaaayyyy... i just try to make it less awkward. ....then, I'm going to change my question. Did you like it, Neerichekyis? And I mean, when i touch and caress your lips last night." Piper's and Zilka's faces were dyed red with embarrassment when i ask that to Neerichekyis, and so is hers. But for the many eyed girl it's a whole different story. She isn't showing any emotions. Just watching me intensely like I'm some kind of an endangered animal. 

"....What is it girl?" Her stares made me feel uncomfortable and a little disturbed. I got goosebumps, man. Let's make it clear that although i said she's a many eyed girl, she only got one eye her face so maybe she's a cyclops variant or something? Her other eyes were placed at the tip of some tentacle-like things that grows from her back. Her skin were ash grey and her body is more or less the same as the loli form Victoria. Annnnndddd she's still looking at me intensely without answering my question. 

"....Why....?" It cameeeeeeeeee!!!! She's answeringgggggg with another question. Like, what!? What do you mean by why!?

"..... Crying.....? .......Why.....?" I was stunned by her words. I glanced around to find who she meant to no avail. Because, as you can guess, no one's crying right now. So what the hell she meant!?

"Alright. Let's put it aside and get to the first problem first. Neerichekyis, ....it's too stiff, I'll just call you Neery okay? So, you said that you can uhhhh.... what's the word, ah yes. You said that you can help solve my memory loss problem, right? And.....? What do I have to do? Like, doing some sort of ritual or something?" I end my one on one session with the many eyed girl cause... well, y'know, I'm not really sure what she's talking about at all.

"It is nothing wearisome, Master Ars. I onl-"

"Nope, stop with all that master shit. Just call me Ars. Cause we're sure as hell not in a master-servant relationship."

"But you-"

"Nuh-uh."

"Lord Ars."

"Not listening."

"Mister... Ars...?"

".... well, that's more like it."

"The procedure itself is straightforward, mister Ars. I only need some of your blood to make the potion. I already have the other ingredients in my dwelling. If everything goes according to plan, the potion would be ready before next week, mister Ars."

"How much do you need, Neery?"

"A full jar of it would be more than enough, mister Ars." Neerichekyis brought out a two hundred millilitres jar from her magical, physics ignoring pouch. 

"Sure." I took the jar, open the lid, grab my knife, slit my wrist, fill the jar, and then start panicking. 

"Oh shit! What do I do!? Neery, Piper, Zilka, Any of you got sewing equipment!? My blood isn't stopping!"

"Rest assured mister Ars as i could utilize healing magic." Neerichekyis really showed she doesn't live long for nothing. She did some chanting that made both her hands glowing. And once she take my hand, the stream of blood rushing out of my wrist stopped and the cut regenerating until it's fully healed.

"You should've used your head a little, Ars. What would happen if it's only the three of us here!?" 

"Zilka is right, mister Ars. I know making a quick decisions is one of your strong points but, you could've died from blood loss." Zilka and Piper scolds me out of worry..... i can't say i hate their sense of caring. And Zilka was back to normal at last.

"Well, if that happens, i will take a different action. Like... burn the knife and then put it on the cut, for one. I mean, you saw my... how do i say it? Power? Skill? Anyway, out of Neery, Piper, and you Zilk, you're the only one who've watched my fight right? Why're you the one who's worried the most!?" My bitching makes Zilka's mouth flapped open. 

"That's just how Zilka is, mister Ars. She may speak bluntly but she's a really kind and caring person." Forget about hitting the nail on the head. Piper is ramming it and plunged it deep which caused Zilka's face dyed crimson with teary eyes. And it's cute, not gonna lie. Zilka's desperate attempts to hide her face is just adding more cuteness to the already cute spectacle I'm watching. And shit, man. I know you're going to say I've got limited vocabulary but, once you see something like this all your brain can do is shutdown and scream OHHHMYYGAAAWWWDDD~ SHE'S SOOO CUUUUTTEEEEE IMMA TAKE HER HOMEEEE~. Well, shit. That's kidnapping ain't it. But it is what it is. 

Neerichekyis took the jar and put it in her pouch. She then bow before leaving the three of us here. Well, not exactly. I almost forgot about the many eyed girl. So there's four of us. Me, Piper, and Zilka then moved near the window, trying  to watch the others confronting the humans. Although i said window, it's more like a big openings cause i can literally jumped out of it as it's size is around four times of my size. 

From my point of view, it's not much of a fight as i can see Illyanna and the others were already on their way back here, while taking those humans on top of chained dragons.

******************************

When they, i mean, Illyanna, Kitara, Victoria, Celimina, Naani, Neena, Noona, Quixey, Xuelixta, Nemy, Talaryein, Faz, and Kaneez came back into the room, it's too big to call it a room. Should i think of it as a hall to make it easier? 

Anyway, when they came back, Xuelixta was the one who held the chains that restrained the dragons. But, when Illyanna saw Xuelixta was puzzled as to where she should nail the chains, Illyanna took it off Xuelixta's hand, threw it onto the ground and stomped it. The chains weren't buried into the ground, but fused with the ground. The scary part is, Illyanna did all that while looking at me. Like she's warning me. 

"For now, the invaders have been apprehended. Let us restart your trial, mr. Ars." Illyanna breaks the silence with that. 

"My queen, shouldn't judging the invaders take priority? And didn't we also concluded that he's innocent for the charges?" Ravinia the bunny girl to the rescue. Thanks, really. I mean it. Ravinia's sound argument made Illyanna and Kitara shot a glare at her. You girls want to punish me that much!? ...I'm flattered, to be honest. 

"Then so be it." Illyanna said in exasperated tone. 

Following that, the dark colored liquid like girl, Kaneez close the distance between her and the captured invaders. She then extends her hand towards the invaders. Immediately, her hand was extended literally towards the invaders. It changed shapes into a some tentacle-like things and branched into as many as the invaders. it struck their chest and entwine them before pulling them to the ground. Every one of them are now seated on their knees. I can see that most of them already resign themselves to their fate. 

"You won't get away with this! I am the first son of Marquis Artlee from the Gallahardt Empire! Randall Artlee!" Before he and anyone in his invading groupie utter another word, Victoria, Talaryein, and Nemy looked at Illyanna and shook their heads. It looks like they finished reading their minds. Without anymore contemplation and whatnot, Illyanna lifts her hand and then lowered them. Maybe it's some sort of code!?

"For invading our lands, attacking our people, and trying to threaten our Queen. You will hereby sentenced to death." Kitara delivered the verdict indifferently. Not a single emotion can be felt from her words. 

"Done. Bring them out. As for these wyverns, i could not exactly speak dragon tongue. Thus, i shall let Xuelixta to be responsible for them." I got the feeling that Illy just want this to be over with so she can decide my punishment. 

"Your Majesty, wyverns are different from dragons. Their minds don't exactly have the capabilities. So we should either let them free or kill them for food." Xuelixta's replies are cold. Doesn't she has compassion for fellow flying lizards?

"....food it is, then." After that, Kitara called the armored girls and give them some instructions. Both the humans and the wyverns were struggling when the armored girls wanted to take them but they all stopped after Kitara chopped one of the wyverns head off with her not so-bare hand.

"Now back to your trial, mr. Ars. Although the charges of the rape attempts has been revoked, you're still guilty for disrupting public order. Hence, you will be sentenced to be confined in the palace, indefinitely." Hearing Illyanna's verdict, i look at Victoria and prompted her to do something. Which she brush aside with a smile and a shrug. Damnit! Well.... it's not that much of a punishment, though. 

I glance around quickly; Piper is whispering something to Xuelixta; Quixey and Zilka gave me a wry smile; Celimina, Naani, Neena, and Noona smiled happily; Illyanna and Kitara smiled in satisfaction; and the rest of the girls smile normally except for the many eyed girl. Seriously, what's with her?!

"That is all. Dismiss."

***************************

It's already my fourth day living here as a 'guest'. I first thought i would be detained inside the prison again but, contrary to my expectations, Illy ordered her maids to treat me as a guest. So here i am in the guest room. ....Maybe she's not that angry at me. Not that i know which shit i fucked up. And being treated as a guest is a preferable treatment if i can choose between prisoner or guest. But still, being kept in one room day in day out is a little... annoying. 

For your information, I'm not exactly alone in this room. There's always two armored girls just outside the door and three maids with different features inside the room, and also last but not least i got the many eyed girl sitting on the chair near the window. She's stil eyeing me like crazy. Am i that rare of a species!? I mean, c'mon, man! She's following me everywhere. I can't even take a dump in peace, ever since. 

"Uhhh... miss...? Can i get something light to eat?" I asked to one of the maids. To be exact, i asked to the fox eared girl. Her oversized fox ear just add another layer of adorableness. 

"No can do, lord Ars. Dinner will be served shortly. We can't have you spoil your dinner." But, just as you can see, she's a giving me the cold shoulder. She only talk when you talk to her, or when you do something. All of the maids and guards were the same. So i come to a conclusion that they're ordered by someone, or all of these girls swings 'that way'.

"Fine. I won't ask anymore. But can't you stop her? Or at least tell me what she's doing? She'd been doing it since my first day." As you can guess, I'm talking about the many eyed girl. 

"We can not, lord Ars. She has the same position as Lady Talaryein and the others. She will leave once she's satisfied." I can't really see her getting satisfied anytime soon. Not really sure how I picked it up but i know there's someone one the way here. I really should get my memories back.

"Excuse me, do you mind accompanying little old me, dear?" The sudden appearance of Victoria made my heart jumped but, i managed to stay calm on the outside. 

"Well, it would have been better if you could knock the door, Victoria. But nevermind that. Where do you want to go? Oh, just to remind you, I'm under some kind of house arrest here. So i can't really go out." 

"Surely you jest, dear. You and i both know that you could not be restrained with only this much. I myself was a little surprised to find you still here."

"Oi Vi! Is that sarcasm!? You think I'll still be here if i can escape!? ....Well, now that I think about it, yes I'll still be here. Still need to talk to Illyanna, Kitara, you, Celly, Naani, Neena, Noona, Nemy, Talaryein, Rav-"

"Yes... i understand... In short, you want to sink your lustful fangs into everyone. Am i wrong, dear?"

"Noooo!! What The Fuck!? I just want to talk to them!" 

"Dear, the last time you told me that, you were arrested for attempted rape." 

"Urgh.... Don't remind me of that. It's just happened somehow. Anyway,  now that you're here, i want to ask you about her." I cranked my head slightly towards the many eyed girl.

"Fret not, dear.  Just let her be. She is only reading your..... Let us be off, dear. The foods will be cold if we tarry too much."

"Waitwaitwait! I'm not buying it! You clearly see something! What is it?" 

"You are clearly mistaken, dear. It is just i caught a glimpse of you cutting your wrist inside her mind which worry and arouse me at the same time." 

"Is that because you're a vampire or because you have a blood fetish!?"

"If it is yours, then I'd say both, dear."

".....I don't know if i should freaked out or flattered. Anyway, let's continue while walking." The three maids then lead the way; with me, Victoria, and the many eyed girl in the middle; and the armored girl at our backs. 

"Say Vi, did Illyanna, Kitara, or anyone else give you girls any bad treatments when you came here?"

"Surely you jest, dear. The queen herself keeps sending me envoys to bring me over to her faction. The same could be said for Celimina, Naani, Neena, Noona, Xuelixta, Yhuitzlessys, Quixey, and other powerful forces. Although some of them does not seem to be interested in joining the guild, their power and authority over their kinsman is more or less deserving to also be called ...shall we say, adamantite level adventurer."

"Does she included?" I looked at the many eyed girl who float-walking right behind me. I don't know, man. She looks like she's walking but, her feet isn't touching the ground. 

"Of course, dear. So does everyone else that you saw on your trial. Except, for the guild's staffs, of course. Oh! Here we are, dear." The three maids and armored girls were already nowhere to be seen; and the doors were opened by the maids from inside. 

I'm a little shocked at how big the hall and how crowded it is, but i still walk in nonetheless. I looked left-and-right there's too many people that i don't know. I saw a variety of luxurious foods and drinks lined up lavishly. Then it suddenly hits me. It's a fucking banquet! What kind of person wear a frayed shirt and slacks at a fucking banquet?! Oh shit! Nobody's telling me shit! I looked at Victoria who walked beside me.

"There is no need to be so tense, dear. Not a single person here mind it."

"Well, if you say so. So, mind telling me what happened?"

"Well dear, this is just a monthly feast. The Queen would invite the powerful people, adventurer, and whoever she wishes to it. It is more like a dinner party than a banquet. It is nothing formal." Like that, i followed just behind Victoria and trying to get through this.... thing. As for the many eyed girl, she isn't lost nor did i forget about her. She's just right behind me, following, and watching me.

0