Chapter 13. Become Travelers And……
31 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ossan, are you sure this is the right way?" 

"Of course it is, I'm... sure of it. Maybe. Probably."

"Ossan, i won't say i don't trust you, but when we first brought to that room, we're not going through this many stairs."

"Haaa.... Just think about it for a sec. If you have a castle, where do you think the place where there are less guards. Obviously the sewer, right? Nobody in their right mind would put heavy securities in the sewer. At least I wouldn't. And sewer means we have to go down, right? It's simple. As long there's nothing out of ordinary happens, we'll be as good as gone from this place when the sun rises." The girls stopped questioning my directions after i said that. The path gets darker and damper the more we go down. 

"Heyyy~ Oji-san~ it's just me or there's voices coming from there?" 

"Hm?" Now that she mentioned it, she's right. 

I won't lie. I kind of underestimating the girls except for the sword girl Miyu because of their levels. Like what Rin did just now. Even though she doesn't have any detection skills, her ears are sharp. And while she looked like she daydreams all the time, the big girl Chinatsu got a sharp eyes. She can look better than me in this dark place. She sometimes looked at something that turns out to be a contraptions, or keys, or something. I don't know. But that's how we get this far smoothly. I still don't know about Miyu and Nao, but seeing what Rin and Chinatsu can do, i have high hopes for the both of them. 

Anyway, enough with my inside monologues. The said voices are getting closer and clearer. Once it sounds too close for comfort, i give some cues to the girls so they could hide and wait for further instructions. I then moved closer to what looks like a narrow corridor and saw two men guarding a door.

"What d'you think of the new heroes?" 

"Not too dependable, i tell ya. Just a bunch of girls and a feeble old man. Your thoughts?"

"Well, they're 'least more than decent for fuckholes, right? Y'see the face of those girls? They're prettier than what we're seeing. And the meat on those girls? Bet they're far better than common whores 'round here. Remember the big one wit' her calm smile, makes you wanna mess 'er up and leave 'er cryin' ain't it? And the small one, we can hang her while plowin' her. Or the one bringin' sword, it'd be fun to see that stern face turned messy after we're done with her. .....Hey, you asleep ma-HHRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!" 

"I've listened enough. You guys should thank me for giving you an easy death." Now i see why Illyanna and the others hates humans. Thinking about what they'd do to the girls is enough to make my blood boil. ....Fuuuuu...... relax, man.... yeah cool headed bastards are the winner. 

"Oi girls, c'mon out!"

"O-ossan d-did you kill them?" The girls stopped at their tracks when the sword girl Miyu asked that. 

"Of course not, i just made them unconscious. C'mon, let's get going." I quickly direct their attentions to the door and use my business smile to deflect their distrusting gaze. I deliberately kill those guards crushing their throats and made it look like they fell asleep. Can't you girls be considerate and just look away!?

""""*Stares silently*"""" the girls didn't move an inch from where they were and just silently stare at me.

"..............Yes! Fuck! I Fucking Did It! Fucking Hell! Just Say No You Fucking Honest Piece Of Shit! It's Just One Fucking Word!" When i confessed except for the short girl Nao who barfed her heart out, the other girls were letting out a sigh of relief. 

"Eh? What? Why are you guys looked so relieved. I killed people y'know?" The girls didn't answer. They then walked past the bodies and through the door. Of course, the short girl Nao is being carried by the big girl Chinatsu. Else, she'll be puking forever. As we walked through the damped corridor, the sound of confluence between waterways and rivers can be heard. Just a little more. I can already smell the fresh air of freedom. Alas, it has to wait as i suddenly heard a weird grinding sound from another branch of the corridor. 

"Tsk. What is it this time?" My words startled the girls.

"What is it , Ossan?" 

"....I heard something. You girls wait here for a sec. ....Or not. It's up to you guys, really. You only need to go straight from here and you're outside. Well then, I'm off for a bit." I quickly run towards the sound leaving the girls behind. 

******

"Rin what do you think about the old man? Can we trust him?" After some time has passed since Ars left, Miyu asked that question.

"Miyuchin, i always trust my intuitions and it told me he can be trusted." Rin answered Miyu's question confidently without hesitation. 

"B-but Rin, didn't he just kill two people. Can we really trust him?" Hearing Rin's answer, Nao who stayed silent until now questioning Rin's swift decision. 

"Nao-chan this totes isn't our world, y'know. It's a dog-eat-dog world here and Oji-san wins my trust with his abilities and decisiveness. Like, he got two fully armed guards with his bare hands. Isn't it crazy!? And he only did that because he had to." Rin shrugged and answered matter-of-factly.

"What about you, Chinatsu?" Looking for another opinion, Miyu then turned her question to Chinatsu who watched them silently. 

"Well Miyu-chan~, i always trust Rin-chan's intuitions you know~. And he doesn't look like a bad person~. And i think he looked so cute when he swears to himself because he cannot lie to us~."

"Riiiight~. I was so sure Chii-chan would get it! I mean, sure, we did kinda pressuring him to confess. But he gave in way too easily, riiight~. And in my book, honest guy like Oji-san gets many points."

"And there's also the way he keeps nodding to himself before making his decision~."

"And how he awkwardly trying too hard to hide his scars so we we won't be sacred or disturbed~."

"Or how he carefully examined our way all the way down here~."

"And how he keeps slouching down now and then when he catch a glimpse of our skin."

"Or how he-"

"Alright Chinatsu, Rin, I get it. Geez, i knew you both had a thing for older guy but i want you guys to give me a more objective answer. I agree with you guys, though. So i shall put my trust in him too. What about you, Nao?" Miyu stopped Rin's and Chinatsu's back-and-forth exchange and smiled wryly at them before turning to Nao and asked her for her opinion. 

"Geez, fine, I'll believe him too. Just like you said, he's not a bad guy. But if he shows even the slightest hint of being a danger for any of us, i want us to leave him. That's my condition, and i won't take no for an answer." After giving some thoughts, Nao then agreed frustratingly. The other three looked at their worried friend with a smile and then nod, agreeing with the condition she gave.

"Isn't it taking too long?" After more than an hour has passed, Nao who still hadn't trust Ars throw the question out but only for the other deny it, and continue their talk about what they should do later.

After another hour passes by, Nao who can not endure her worry, then shoot out her opinions. 

"He ditched us, right? There's no way it took this long just to check something out. Yes, he must be. Miyu, Rin, Chinatsu, we should leave. The longer we stay here, the higher the risk of the king's men to know that we're gone." Although the other girls show hesitations on their faces, they also can't rule out the fact that the man named Ars is a stranger that they only knew for one night and the chance of him  leaving  them behind is not zero. 

"Wait just a little more~."

"J-just ten more minutes. C'mon ~ like, trust in my intuitions or something. Oji-San will definitely come back~. Pleeease ~." When the fear of that happening starts crawling into their skin, Rin and Chinatsu were the ones who broke said fear, and although reluctantly, Miyu and Nao gave their consent to wait.

"Hey, so you guys're still waiting. Hmm.... ? Why're you two look like someone who got their wish granted by gods in front of them? Welp, no time for chit-chat. Here." I give  them sets of robes and weapons i looted. 

"Ossan is this why you took so long?"

"Well yeah, cause we still don't know this country's climate and i think it's perfect for a disguise. And also, the bow and arrow is for Nao-chan, the black staff with red jewels on its head is for Rin-chan, and the white staff with green jewels is for Chinatsu-chan. Also, Rin-chan, give my knife to Nao-chan. She'll need it if things goes south. I also got some money for our traveling expenses but it won't be enough, so once we got to another country we'll have to work. Also, there's......" While I gave out the weapons and told them the plans, i saw Miyu stretched her hands to me, to which i tilt my head in confusion. 

"Ossan, it's not that i really need it but if you're giving out weapons, don't i get something too?" .....Is this counted as those tsundere things? I don't really understand, though. 

"I have one but, don't you already have a sword? If you're carrying it around i reckon you won't want it."

"This and that are different matters. Also, this is a training sword i borrowed from the kendo club. It's too big and heavy to be used in a real time."

"Well, if you want it, here." Seeing she isn't going to pull her hand back, i gave her the last weapon i procured. It's not an exceptional sword or anything like that. Just like the bow and the staffs, it's t just one of the royal guard's steel sword but well, she looks somewhat happy, so i guess that's good enough.

"Anyway, i don't know what's waiting for us out there. For now, our goal is to leave this place and get to another country. I was going to pick Kämpfer kingdom as the destination but we can only get there if you girls become stronger so that's a no go. Well, we'll see."

"By the way, Oji-saaan~. I've been wondering for a while, as to who are they?" Rin tugged at my side and asked me while pointing at my back.

"Oh right, i almost forgot. These people are.... actually, can we save their introductions for later? I mean, once they're awake. They're also victims that's all I'd say." As i only know them through my analyze skill, it's kind of rude of me to introduce them myself. 

"Well, if it's like that, it can't be helped, right? "

"Uhhh yeah, right..... Anyway, let's move." 

It really doesn't take long for us to get out of the sewer, and we arrived at a forest once we got out. Contrary  to me who felt happy, the girls aren't looking enthusiastic about it. We then continue to walk into the forest. At the pace we're moving, I'm pretty sure we can at least get another twelve to fifteen kilometers within the next two hours. I used my analyze skill now and then to monitor the girls health, including the ones on the makeshift stretcher chair on my back. 

"Ossan, can we rest for a while?" Hearing Miyu's words i looked back and saw the girls were sweating heavily and couldn't catch their breath. 

"Sure." I fucked up. Even though they're physically healthy, i just remembered about the shit called mental health. And this situation said it all. The girls are all mentally fatigued. Forcing them will only drain  them. ....alright, I've decided

"Girls, let's get up here." I pointed at the big tree behind me.

"*Pant* *Pant* *Wheeze*.... Ossan, i didn't mean to be sarcastic but, Are You Blind!? Did You Really Suggest That!?" I don't get what she didn't get, but I'm very much sure that she misunderstand something. 

"Calm your tits, woman! What did you assumed i suggested?" 

"You're thinking that because our feet is tired, we should now move using our hands and hanging from trees to trees." Hearing Miyu's words, the other girls immediately looked at me with eyes filled with surprise and despair. 

"Where the hell did you even get that thought!? I told you to climb up the tree so we can rest for tonight. Like hell I'm gonna ask you to do that." 

"Ohh.... if that's how it is, sure." The girls let's out a sigh of relief, before they start climbing up the tree. 

"Make sure you pick a sturdy branch and lean on the trunk. Don't want any of you to fall off when you sleep." I then set down the makeshift stretcher chair i carried around on one of the big sturdy branch and bind it in place, using the tree's tendrils. 

"Ossan, someone has to keep watch so I'll stay awa-Ouch!" I flicked Miyu's forehead before she finished. 

"I'll do it. You guys just go to sleep. We stopped because you guys're tired. So don't start spouting bullshit like that."

"Stop treating us like kids! You're tired too! Those bags under your eyes says it all!"

"I'm Not.... tired. And leave my eye bags out. They got nothing to do with this. I was born like this." It's not reaching what I'd call complex, but my eye bags always make people think I'm sleep deprived or tired.

"Oh, um, is that so..... Sorry....." Don't apologize! It makes me feel worse!

"Anyway, just catch some sleep. And you guys too. We'll be walking all day tomorrow." I heard the other girls giggling when me and Miyu talked about my eye bags. Urgh.... I'm really going to modify my eye bags as soon as I have the skill that allows me to do it. 

After making sure the girls had fall asleep, i jumped down from the tree. Hmmm.... i got some skills after eating whatever i found. Isn't this Omnivore skills too overpower!? But skills are useless if you can't use it right. ....I guess I'll try out some skills to spend time. 

"...Harden." I got this skill when i ate one of the sword back at that palace. Uhhh.... it didn't have any special effect. It just hardens a part of my body that i think of. The hardening limit is unknown as i can't exactly tried it out. Can't really be noisy after i told them to sleep, right? Well, next skill is this.

"Blitz." .....Nothing happened. Do i have to move around? Anyway, next skill. 

...........................

...........................

................................

Before I noticed it, the sun is already rising. I quickly make a simple breakfast with the herbs i got while trying out my skills last night. 

"So this world only has one sun, eh? That's a good sign. I still remember one time i lived in a world with three suns it's so hard to try looking which way is which. Anyway, Rise and shine, girl. It's morning already." Even though i can see their bodies clearly as they move around, i pay it no heed. I take on the makeshift stretcher chair again, and slings it on my back. 

"C'mon girls, get up and eat your soup. Miyu, there's drool on your face. Rin, there're leaves on your hair. Nao, you forget your bow. Chinatsu, open your eyes. Also, here's some water for you guys. Go wash your faces. It'll help you open your eyes." Although they move sluggishly, they still gets up and went to wash their faces. 

"Hey, hey, Oji-san ~. What's this?" Rin came earlier than the others and start chatting. 

"It's a herb soup. I can only make this with the ingredients i found last night. You guys come here too. It's not much, but it's better than nothing." Looking their hesitant faces, I drink my soup quickly.

"C'mon, drink it up. We got a whole lot of walking to do today and i don't recommend doing it with an empty stomach."

"Oji-san, It's good~. It warms me up~." 

"Right Chinatsu? The color is kind of unappetizing but i can at least guarantee the taste." Rin then drank hers immediately. As for the other two, Miyu and Nao, they're looking at each other for a time, before chugging down theirs. 

"Alright, now that you're all ready, let's go."

"Ossan, even if you say that, we still don't have any idea of where to go, right?"

"Relax, Miyu.... last night, when i was looting in that palace, i also took a map with me." As i said that, i spread the map on the ground so the girls could see it too.

"This is where we are. There's a town half a day from here. So that's our first stop. We'll make our preparations there. After that, we'll have to keep moving for at least a week before reaching this place. Eldar dukedom. The dukedom is already a place that were part of another country. That place is also known for their good relationships with the elves, dwarves and beastman. And even though slavery exist there too, it's only for criminals. Well point is, that place isn't a place with human male supremacist mindset so i think it'll be a good place for us. As for you girls going back and whatnot, we'll think about it once we get there. Any questions?" Rin then raised her hand like she's in a class.

"Oji-san, how did you know about that?" 

"Weeelll, i heard about it from this person." I pointed at my back while saying that.

"Ossan, how are you sure that person isn't lying?"

"Trust me, the person in question is not in the position where she can do that. Any other questions?" The four girls look at each other for a sec before giving me their consent to my plan.

"If that's so, then let us be off." I tried to copy the character of a manga i once read to raise the morale, but all i got is this cringe feeling and giggles from the girls. 

"Whatever! C'mon!"

"Ossan, you're really brave to do that in real life. If it's me......" 

"Miyu, Shut Up!"

"Ehehehe~. C'mon, Oji-san~ give us some encore ~."

"You shut up too, Rin! I'll never do that again!" 

"Uwahhhh...... that was so creepy......"

"Don't wanna hear it from you, loli!"

"Uh, um, Oji-san, Fight~?"

"Why'd you turned it into question!?" It may not turned out as i hoped before but well, as long as they become more energetic it's good enough for me. As we bickering like that, we walked towards our first stop.

0