chapter 5
403 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Theon knows that after he takes down the bounty hunters and the slave traders here, the marine will start investigating.

After all, the auction houses here only sell slaves and Devil Fruits, if the slave traders stop dealing with them, the auction house will go bankrupt, and that's not all, the world nobles will make a big fuss about it, tuning their lives into hell.

The title "Noble" is just a symbol they used to display their status or gain a place in the noble community, it did not represent their morals or bearing.

Most of the slave hunters and bounty hunters here have the backing of the auction house, and the auction house has the backing of nobles and world nobles.

Theon purpose for taking down the bounty hunters was to gain money, that's all, he bears nothing against them.

Unlike the pirates and some people in this world, he knows how to put the money in its right place, the money that he will gain today will be his capital for his first project in this world.

Money right now plays a critical role in his development, be it for the system Exp or powers.

The devil fruits cost very high, not to mention the useful ones.

"System, give me a mask," he will wear it just in case.

The system soon gave him a mask of a fox. He did not care as long it was something covering his face.

"System, is there any way to seize a devil Fruit from Someone?" there is a fruit user near this island, maybe he will take it. That skeleton is in despair now anyway.

Brook devil Fruit power is really amazing, not in an offensive or defensive power,

The special thing about that Fruit is its uses in the long term, be it to comprehend how the soul works, or how to gain immortality.

Theon will never say no to anything that will bring him power or entertainment, and this world has too many interesting things.

He is willing to kill Brook for this fruit if the system has a way to take it.

In fact, the plan in Theon's mind will bring some changes in the world, and it is unclear if the man named Roger will be a pirate king or not.

Back to the topic, Brook devil fruit has access to the soul, if the fruit is awakened maybe the user can take control over the other souls like Big Mom.

[ding, the system can absorb any ability from others but the host must touch the target to absorb the ability, the same for the "Devil Fruits"]

'That is good, then I have to visit Brook after I am done here.'

Theon got up from his chair and walked out of the hall, where he found the gang waiting for him.

"Lead the way."

✻✻✻

Grove 08

Late at night.

*bam* *bam* * bam*

"Argh, who is knocking this late, let people rest a bit" a short man with messy hair was guarding the door of the base. Today his shift started first, and that's what he hates the most, he tried to sleep a little but someone has the nerve to knock this late.

*slash*

He planned to play deaf until the one who was knocking walks away, but he did not expect that at that moment the door was slashed into two halves and a blue current of energy flew in his way, passing through his body.

The poor man did not have the time to scream as the energy pressure slashed him into halves.

It took a few seconds for his left side to slide and fall on the ground, then his other side fell on top of it. Painting the hall with blood.

[200 exp for killing a slave hunter]

The one who sent the air slash was Theon of course. This is his seventh place to visit today, he killed seven hunting Groups, without anyone noticing.

He collected 450 million Berry from his raid, he even got a good sword.

"What the…"

eight people came out from the big door leading to the Hall, but they did not finish inquiring what was going on as Theon used his Ghost step and stopped in front of four people.

*slash*

He raised his hand on a level parallel to their necks, using the Ghost steps, he moved his hand at a fast speed.

[ding, 800 exp for killing four slave hunters]

There was no reaction from the four, but soon a red line appeared on their necks, as a cut started to appear, their heads did not get any support from the body and slid down.

*bam* *bam* *bam* *bam*

At the sound of the heads falling down, the others prepared to make a move.

Theon at that moment felt danger approaching him from behind. He squats down, at that moment a sword slashed the place where his head was.

The one who attacked him did not expect Theon to discover his sneak attack very soon.

But he did not have time to re-adjust his body as Theon's rising punch hit his chin, the man flew back two steps with blood coming out from his mouth.

Theon did not give him a chance as he waved his sword hitting him in the middle of his torso, cutting his body into two halves.

[200 exp for killing a slave hunter]

[ding, Boxing Initialization…]

[Skill: Boxing Lvl 1 learned]

[Sub-Skill: Uppercut learned]

Information and memories about boxing entered his brain and merged with it.

Theon did not have time to focus on the system because there still exist three people.

he shifted his head to them. They did not attack like the sneaky guy, but they chose a defensive posture and looked warily at Theon, one of them backed three steps.

"Okay, you out there, come here," seeing how they are acting, Theon decided to not pay them attention anymore, instead he looked at the door to see Kairihen and his gang peeping with pale faces.

"Yes, boss" x5

Kairihen, even his four subordinates shouted out loud together and stood straight like they were in the army.

Then the five of them walked without looking at dead people here. It's good that they eat nothing today, or else they would throw out many times in every base they visited.

"Boss, why did you let go of the three of them? I don't think they have any use," Kairihen curiously asked while looking at the people.

"Obviously, for teamwork, I can't let hot-blooded guys like you with nothing, I felt like you were eager to fight," Theon said with a mild smile.

"Hahaha, boss you must be joking, my sword is merely for decoration," Kairihen stepped back and waved his hand, the same with his followers.

"Oh, such a pity. then let's put it this way, you two groups will face each other, and I'll let the winner live, a fair deal," Theon with the same warm smile stepped back and stood in the middle of the two groups.

Kairihen and his group paled, they knew he was a demon, but they did not expect him to be this ruthless after all what they did for him today.

"Kairihen, I don't know what is your purpose for associating yourself with this man, but you will have to die today," one of the men in the other group looked at Kairihen and said.

he is not Theon's opponent, and he knows it, but Kairihen is another story, he will do anything to live today, and he will make the smiling bastard pay for his sins in the future.

"Since that is the case, guys let take these assholes down!!" Kairihen said raising up his sword without attacking, of course, he will not be the first to attack.

When his followers heard the orders, they attacked.

After confirming that all the enemies were busy with his subordinates, Kairihen starts using sneak attacks, injuring the three people.

"bastard" one of the enemies was so angry at Kairihen cheap moves, the moment he places his eyes on him, he got stabbed from behind, dead.

Seeing there were only two people left, Kairihen and his group ganged together at them.

Soon, there was nothing left from the two people, except sliced parts.

It's not like the group enjoyed cutting them, but they were under big pressure, first, it was the fear of Theon as they were obligated to kill or die, second, it was the pressure received by the enemy, the enemy was ready to slaughter them.

The three guys dead, and Kairihen and his group were painted with blood, and it's amazing that they could kill the other three.

[200 exp for indirectly killing five slave hunters]

"What is this?" Theon was surprised at this notification.

[Host will not only get exp for killing people directly but killing people indirectly will also allow the host to gain exp]

'I did not expect this,' Theon chuckled. He also could feel the aura of death coming toward him, his ability only accepts the aura of the people he killed with his hands, but now he can feel other deaths that are unrelated to him.

'so, the system must have used its ability allowing me to absorb the death essence that is unlinked to me.'

It means that Theon will get exp for anyone his subordinates kill or any death caused by him.

 

 

Favorite if you liked it :)

10