chapter 7
392 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Today new topic about this massacre that occurred yesterday in The Sabaody Archipelago, right now we sent five platoons to Sabaody Archipelago in addition to the already second patroon that is stationed in the base in the 66th Grove, but unfortunately, after almost Besieging the island we still could not obtain any clues that lead us to the criminal."

"So? This topic should not be put in today's schedule, the massacre case, we are already investigating!"

A voice came from the other end of the room, opposite to the board, an extremely muscular man, with tan skin, black hair, and a beard arranged in an array of three spikes.

"Ah yes Fleet-Admiral, but, the people above are angry, saint John ordered for sla...ahem for 'workers', but the public employment security office is closed today, and maybe it will remain close for the next period," the Fleet Admiral already have a copy of these reports but the officer duty is to report it in the meeting.

The public employment security office in the mouth of the officer was in fact the human auctioning house, the Marines referred to it as such, they see no wrong for people to serve the World Nobles.

The old generation of the Marines like Garp and Tsuru know what's true and what wrong and every one of them has his way to justify right and wrong.

But the new generations were brainwashed from childhood to the importance of the world Nobles that created the world, and of course to the importance of the World Government.

The World Government's most successful project since its creation is not the fleet they created, nor how they defeated the great kingdom in the past.

Their most successful project is how they can control peoples' hearts and beliefs.

The world government has made a good deal of propaganda to turn right into wrong and wrong into right.

Garp is one of the tools that the world government used to promote and encourage the younger generation to join the marine.

If not, they will not go easy on him for how rude he is toward them.

"Bwahaha, I can't see who is the corrupt here, the one who purchases slaves or the one who kills to free them," Garp without caring about the surrounding gazes starts his usual against the World Nobles, and he was mistaking the criminal's purpose for freeing slaves.

"Shut up," Tsuru silenced Garp with a cold stare, Garp closed his mouth after hearing her.

"Continue," the spiky man said, not caring about Garp.

"That's all, sir."

"Sigh, what a mess" the Fleet-Admiral sighed.

he doesn't like when the world nobles come into the picture, he would have to work triple his hours just to satisfy them.

What puzzles him most is why the World noble cares about this accident, if you lack slaves, go buy them from elsewhere!

"Tsuru, I want you to take care of this case," since it is related to the world nobles. He can't let Garp take this case, and Sengoku is busy with Shiki these days, so only Tsuru can handle it.

"I understand," Tsuru knows Kong will, so she doesn't need to be formal with him.

✻✻✻

At the same time, in Sabaody Archipelago

Inside Shakky bar

Shakky was reading the news about the accident caused by Theon, like always, she woke up early, prepared breakfast for Theon, and busy herself with newspapers.

In the last few years, her network expanded to all the Island, and she possesses ears everywhere, she may not look like it but Shakky is a strong woman with high abilities, she has a daily update of Paradise news and events.

She collects her intelligence from newspapers, listening to her customers, or chatting with them. Naturally, they will have a free Beer if the information is useful for her.

She put aside two-thirds of her wealth to pay some people on the island for their information; most of them are the stall little merchants and craftsmen, they get their share of news just by listening to the complaining customers.

This hobby of hers will not come without gain, as Shakky will sell the intelligence in her hand with a price too.

Maybe her bar will not bring many customers with how she raises the prices, but some who know her well will come if they require her intelligence.

Maybe the future big Mom is the most well-informed person in the world, but now Shakky has a strong ability when it comes to Intelligence Gathering.

But it's a pity that what she is doing is just a hobby.

Yesterday after knowing Theon's move, she did not sleep, she called many numbers and gave some instructions, putting Kairihen under her watch.

Since it is a tracking task, Shakky will pay more, but she doesn't care.

Every time she receives news of what Kairihen is doing, the same with his crew.

Maybe Theon will not care about Kairihen selling him to the marine due to fear, but she cares!

She knows Kairihen's personality. He is a coward bear, there is no possibility of him not selling Theon.

Shakky really doesn't know why Theon did not kill him.

"Good morning," Theon comes down with his usual smile, he is not in a good mood, but it's useless to drag other people with your negative energy.

He woke up early, but he spent many hours inspecting this "new" body of his, the system made many changes in his body turning his body into a mess.

He had the answer, but he tried to ask the system about his purpose of doing so, but the system never talked.

"Ara, good morning, sleepyhead," Shakky teased him; she was genuinely happy to see him fine, and his smile is like the sun for her day.

"Rest on the sofa over there, I'll bring your breakfast."

Theon rested on the sofa and started reading the newspaper. Some news was talking about Dressrosa and the newly born second princess Viola, but most news talk about the great pirates, and some are talking about the incident yesterday.

"Fufufu, you made the 'Gods' angry, the same for the pirates and the merchants, now the marine sent many officials to the island to investigate," Shakky placed the food on the table in front of him and sat down.

There are many pirates here on the island, the event yesterday caused them to panic, they know the marine will launch a campaign arresting everyone here to find the criminal.

But what they don't know is that the marine will use these pirates as an excuse; for them 'working hard' in case the criminal is not found.

The pirates here are one of the keys that stimulate the economic growth of the island, without them the merchants will suffer, that's why they are furious.

"Let them be, I am not that ideal to care about them," Theon moved from his place to sit beside Shakky.

"Oh, may I know what sir Theon keeps himself busy with?" Shakky teased him as she found enjoyment doing so. but she really wants to know what is in his mind.

"I was thinking if I should take you out shopping, well, we did not have much time to talk, and you can rest a little and enjoy, what do you say?"

"Well, I have no problem," Shakky said.

Thinking about it, Shakky found it true that she spent a little time with the awake Theon, and it's a good time for her to know about him more.

✻✻✻

The two soon closed the bar and walked to Grove 30.

Theon yesterday put all his focus on his task, so he did not put his mind on the world he is living in currently.

But today he was focusing on everything, he did not show it from outside of course, in his new merged memories or version, he got used to how the world works, but even so, he felt the world was weird, and there are many new things for him.

This world is really full of magical and interesting things, and he is eager to collect them.

"Theon, it was in my mind for so long, but where did you come from?" Shakky, who was helping Theon with the Bike they bought, asked Theon.

They bought this Bubble Bike for 8,000 Berry, even though he will use it only for a day.

It's a vehicle used to travel on the island, it is affixed inside the bubble where the user has to pedal in order for the propeller to spin and provide motion to the vehicle.

"I used to live on an island far away, but I woke up in your house yesterday, as for who I am, I really don't belong to any organization or a pirate group," Theon did not lie, but he did not talk too much about his origin, it's not about his trust for Shakky or terms with the system, he just doesn't feel like it.

"oh, is that so."

Shakky is not a small kid, she can see that Theon has no interest in talking about this subject too much.

'maybe one day…' Shakky looked at the sky with the cigarette in her mouth and said in her heart.

"one day, when I have a lot of energy, we will discuss this subject," Theon said looking at Shakky.

"I hope so," his words made her feel at ease.

They move to the shopping mall, wandering around, sometimes they will buy souvenirs, even Shakky who was in fact a regular visitor here was happy about the souvenirs Theon gave her.

But she felt different this time, there was a sweet feeling in her heart.

From time to time Theon will shamelessly hold on to her hand, but she did not reject his approach.

'What a nice feeling,' Shakky looked at Theon's face from behind while he was driving the Bike.

At 5 o'clock, Theon and Shakky returned to the bar with many bags. Shakky chose many clothes for Theon to wear.

"That was a wonderful date, thank you, Theon."

Shakky is not like those girls who will get shy about romance or feeling, she has feelings for Theon.

She did not notice it before, but when Theon fell in front of her yesterday she felt her world was shattered, and seeing him this morning was like the color returned to her life, at that moment she knew that this thief stole her heart.

Maybe she started loving him as a family member then turned into that of a woman to a man, or maybe it was love at first sight, she doesn't know, but what she knows is that she does not want to be separated from him.

But what is stopping her is her age, she is more than 10 years older than him, so she doesn't feel too confident.

"The same for me, but you were down when we visited the pasta restaurant, even though you talked a lot about how much you love it, I wonder why," Theon asked with an innocent expression.

"Hmph, a swarm of girls surrounded you, not placing me in their eyes. They were bold, it's good you did not put them in the eye or else I would do something bad," Shakky put a cigarette in her mouth, she is not the jealous type, nor she is an amateur woman, but she is doing this to act like that in front of him.

 

 

 

Favorite if you liked it :)

8