chapter 4: Flashback: Krell (2)
1.3k 6 39
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Am i dead? Why am i still conscious?

Well, i'm pretty sure i'm dead since i'm just in a white space that doesn't look anything like an hospital room. Or i'm dreaming, considering the amount of painkillers i consume everyday that's unlikely.

"Hey anyone here?"

"Yes."

Oh, that surprised me i wasn't expecting an answer. Who talked anyway? As i look around there is only White. Nothing else. And finally, after a loooong search i finally see a white silhouette.

"Can we please talk in a less white place, cause it really hurt my eyes to see you."

"yes"

I heard a snap, and the silhouette became outlined by a black aura. That wasn't exactly what i had in mind but nevermind.

"Who are you."

"The Creator."

"Like god in the catholic belief or chaos in the Greek mythology?"

"No, i'm The Creator."

"And what did you create?"

"Everything that i know, exept me."

Okay this conversation will be long. Let's try a different approach.

"Why am i here."

"You died."

"And what am i supposed to do here."

"Prepare your reincarnation."

"Can you explain me how it works."

"When somebody dies their soul come to this space. And they can ask for everything they wish to have in their next lives. The difficulty of their next lives will be adjusted accordingly to the potential of their wishes."

"How is it adjusted?"

"I’ll send them to a world where their setting of wishes is possible. Those worlds are classified between: low level, mid-low level, mid-level, mid-high level, high level, high-hostile level, hostile level and finally apocalypse level. And i'll adjust their luck values with 100 as the max and 0 at the min. The luck value is an additional difficulty level within the world. Someone with high luck will have all commodities providable by the society in which he is born and someone with zero luck will have nothing."

"Do you have anything like a charcter creation interface to make things easier?"

"Yes."

And before me popped a rpg character creation menu. There was a part dedicated to physical appearance with a race selection menu waaaaaaay too long. A statistic part, a skill part, a title part. Yep, just like a rpg.

"How will the options i choose here reflect on me. And can i create skills, titles or race that aren't present here."

"The appearance part will define your appearance, but also your family’s: they will share a lot of appearance settings with you. Your race is an important part of it since some races have access to different skills or genetical inheritance systems. The statistic part will define the capabilities of your fully matured body. The skill part will create special traits and capacities that you can use, it can also impact your knowledge and instincts. It will still be up to you to perform them accordingly and efficiently. Titles will influence your mind and record your achievements. And yes, you can create them since you can wish for anything, this page before you is just a guide to help you. Just remember that your personal power and potential is what matters in the difficulty selection. Someone with only one overpowered skill might have a more difficult life than someone with one thousand weak skills."

 

Okay then what should i take... Or what should i make. A mage, a rogue or a warrior? Mage seems fun, rogue is cool, and warrior... Those streets fights were definitely satisfying, nearly as satisfying as drawing.... Yep, i'm gonna be a warrior. So i can go for something like paladin with high def, low magic and medium attack power, a berserker with high attack, a rage skill and medium defense, or a duelist with high agility and medium attack power. Those are the mains archetype i can try to recreate.... Berserker would be nice since i could crush my foes withe pure strength. And duelist look cool i mean who wouldn't dream of avoiding all of the incomings attacks by a hair's breadth and then deliver a quick and deadly counterattack.

So i'll go for something in between with high strength and high agility

I know a blade dancer! An anime sized great sword and a thin but strong body, focused on dodging and spinning a monstruous sword, yep that look good.

Now i need a trick to be stronger than what the difficulty allows.... Found it! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... HAAA.. Haaaaaa….

"Hey! Creator what does the random button do?"

"It randomizes the setting for which it has been selected, without influencing the difficulty"

"So it count as if i choose the lowest ranking possibility?"

"Yes."

Well let's set all my appearance settings to random, including the race, with a bit of luck i'll get a nice one and if not, it doesn't really matter since my other wishes will compensate.

"So my wishes are as follow: to have my memories stored within my soul, the skill [energetical spell eyes], a skill that allow me to form a symbiotic relationship with a parasitical being, and an improved growth rate in my Str and Dex stat balanced with a decrease in magical ability. I also want to have a title that will help me pursue freedom. And then i want to be born with a blood centipede parasite inside me, can you read my mind for the details? "

"You will be granted the skills [symbiosis] [energetical spell eyes] and [soul link (memories)], and you will be born with a blood centipede as you wished. The difficulty of your next life is... Mid-level with 3 luck??? But those skills should make you way stronger than that.... "

"Well since the blood centipede isn't a skill of mine but a totally different being it doesn't add to my personal strength."

If a silhouette is enough to judge someone's emotions, then he's definitely flabbergasted.

And here i am laughing myself silly at a flabbergasted entity wondering how her reincarnation system could be that messed up....

I quickly finished my recap to father and prepared myself for the tidal wave of questions coming.

"First things first i hope that i'm a better father than your previous life's one, even if i'm not here for you as much as i would like."

"you shouldn't worry about that since that question alone already make you better. And anyway, i really consider both you and mom as my true parents."

"Thank you. So if i'm not misunderstood you two were already siblings in your previous life. And by a miracle of fate, you are too in this life?"

"It's not a miracle that i followed Krell but i'll talk about that later"

"Okay. And finally, what the fuck is that reincarnation system!?!? Wen i die i'll also be forced to reincarnate like that?"

"Most likely, except if you find a way to bind your soul to this world. And you shouldn't count too much on keeping your memories since it upgrades your difficulty level by a whole world, so it isn’t really viable."

"Oh i nearly forgot but you were a man right and now you're a girl isn't that troublesome since your ego is intact?"

"Nah. I don't really care about that. At most dressing up is troublesome but it's rewarding."

"Well since you are both already full-fledged adults at least in mind you'll become a nice ruling couple. However, your 'freedom' title worries me" 

"As expected of dad you are smart."

"Well…. you are too…" he said while patting my head. It feels really nice, i might get addicted. Not that it bothers me though.

"mrrrrrm"

Did i just purr... Oh well it feels nice what use is there in being embarrassed.

"Now sis'.....mrrrrrrr......your turn." 

39