CH-4 Be Me Ant
71 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

POV-GIANT ANT the 708th.

Hello it is i Giant Ant the 708th i am currently standing here with 4 of my sisters in the middle of a fallen pathway next to a strange set of buildings made my humans, we know humans had passed this place at least 3 weeks ago so we are just going to sit here until they walk into us so we can kill them and bring them to the mound.

There were 6 of us but she went to go fight some scorpions by herself and got killed while we were guarding here so too bad, but i wish humans would show up soon, Oh there's one get him!.

The ants Proceeded to maul the Random Jackal Ganger who had walked too far from the Police station they had taken over guess they should have brought some friends instead of going by themselves in this dangerous wasteland but guess your Journey ends here Random Raider.

Its me again giant ant we found a human this was worth it even when i got shot this is amazing if these was one here just now then that means more must show up soon i can't wait for- wait what's that sound.

*Click* *Click* *Click*

Yeah there's a strange sound the others noticed it too, we look around and we find a strange Bumpy rolling ball its stopped i wonder why was it mov-

*KABOOM*

Pieces of ants ants and their blood fly into the air and paint the road and the walls of the Underpass Horrible insect screeching can be heard after the explosion and the sounds of footsteps approaching them.

POV-John Briggs.

I had gotten a Job from a man at the NCR outpost by a man named Jackson who was willing to 'Loose' some gear nobody would miss if i helped with a bug problem, Apparently the they had their troops moved around from their outpost and are at their limits as they need to have a minimum of everyone left in the base or else they will get in trouble but they also need to get the traders who were backed up because they can't leave with how dangerous the road was.

What's nice about quests is that they show up in my notes and quote what people said to me on its own like the jokes i stole while hanging around the office while speaking too Jackson, but it does not have any objective markers like in the other games my pipboy is really stingy aint it?

Anyway i had gotten directions from Jackson saying they were right down the road (Right down the road!) sitting in an underpass and that's where i found them taking the life of a poor innocent that i did nothing to stop because nobody wears spikes if they are a good person.

I waited until after the ants had finished them off and checked them for damage and sad to say the Raider did almost jack shit to the ants but after they died the ants huddled around the body this was the perfect time for a grenade and so i threw it and almost missed the them as it clanked just behind them.

But luckily they started walking over to it as they must have noticed the sound it made and wanted to investigate and it went off and killed 3 of them instantly the other two became crippled as i was informed by my heads up in the right corner of my view and so i make my way down to finish the fight.

I stand in the underpass and its as messy and as it looked from the top and the smell of the blood makes me gag some, My built in danger sense tells me that the Ant with only half of its Torso and the ant that had no abdomen and half of its legs were alive so i took my 9mm and walked over to the first one.

I tried to to end them quickly but just putting a bullet in their skulls but almost hit by a deflected twice and a stuck bullet before i decided to put a shot though their eyes a few times before it told me they died.

You killed 2 level 2 Giant ants 50 EXP
You killed 1 level 1 Giant ant 15 EXP
You killed 1 level 3 Giant ant 30 EXP

Oh well no level up this time maybe when i turn in the quest whatever lets loot around here there's the raider body to deal with and i saw a gas station with some houses, The raider had another 9mm pistol and some bullets for it and a Crowbar i took them and put them in my inventory the raider was wearing what looked to be a hockey outfit covered in spikes on their knees and shoulders and elbows calm down man your gunna hurt yourself more then the people you fight with this getup.

I look though their pockets and found 30 Caps sweet! and a weird set of needles and bottles when i put it into my inventory it called the item Hydra defiantly a drug, better not let anyone else see this stuff on another point i stop looking though the underpass and head to the Gas station

I see some dead scorpions a dead ant and some small yellow scorpions ganging up on a rad scorpion all surrounding a dead ghoul in a brown scribe outfit leaning on one of the pumps, I take out my Hunting rifle and start lining up a shot on the Radscorpion while the small ones gang on it after it killed 3 of them i fire my shot in slow motion at it, the shot hits but does not kill it and its still fighting the others so i fire a few more times and then begin cleaning up the small ones that are left.

Now that that is all over i check over the Gas station there are some crates outside with a label for some type of soda but all of them are empty or have empty bottles which i take some of and head over to my main attraction the ghoul, he is wearing some baggy brown scribe robe which i start stripping off of his dead body since he does not need it anymore.

after i peel it from him i found something that made this whole trip worth it a Laser pistol it looks old like it was sitting here for some time and shows extensive use but who the hell cares i got a energy weapon really early on im gunna have to train to get used to it though cuz it has no damn Iron sights at all.

As i finish going over the dead Ghoul and putting his stuff into my Pipboy i go and check the houses the first one being locked but the second one just has some boards covering it so i pull out the crowbar and pry them off inside of the gas station building i find the register a bottle of nuka cola and Root bear which i snag.

besides that there is a dead body in the back room with nothing but his underwear and empty junk food boxes, i head out and check the other building which is locked judging by the hinges on the door it goes in not out so instead i spend some time breaking the bones in my leg by kicking it till the lock comes out as i might want to use this place later.

Inside it looks like it does on the outside but this place has some stuff in it there are boxes of blamco mac n cheese some sugar bombs and some bottles of water seems like somebody was having a good time and their are caps in the register and no body this time nice i can use this place to sleep later so i don't have to pay for it at the outpost.

there's a bed in the back but no sheets or covers at least there is a pillow as i head outside i check my pipboy and this place is marked on my map as abandoned gas station so i don't need to mark it myself but i add a little note under it saying safe then a though pops into my head can i fast travel?

I mean its a essential feature in the games even the older fallouts let you move across the map at faster speeds to avoid boredom so i check my map for the Mojave outpost and i click it, to my surprise it asked me.

Would you like to fast travel to Mojave Outpost? Y/N

"Score!"-Me
I instantly click yes when i start to feel strange i feel like how it looks when you pick a cat up by the back of their neck as i am slowly lifted into the air while still in my standing position until i a good 60 meters in the sky!
"What the hell!"-Me

Then suddenly im flung at high speeds though the air still in my standing position, it was a short distance maybe i should have just walked back but no i decided to test fate i hate every damn second of it this quick hell im going though i see myself approaching fast and then instead of crashing into the ground and dying instantly im safely and quietly put behind the foot of the giant statue.

"Note to self never use fast travel again"-Me
I hear quiet snickering from somewhere but can't find where it came from.

End of Chapter.

2