CH-8 I.HATE.BOMBS
63 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I wake up where i passed out laying on top of the Scorpion box i feel better then before but there is still pain and so i start checking my wounds, My hand is not as screwed as i thought it would be it must be because my hand is small and the stimpack did not have to heal much, my leg looks terrible but im only missing a toe but all up my left leg ending at the knee are terrible gashes some deeper then others but i think i can keep my leg if i get it fixed by a real doctor.

I stand up off of the Scorpion box and understand why our characters do that weird limp when they break their limbs because standing normally freaking sucks!, but i can stand which means i can leave this place but im not, I just got shredded by a mine you think im gunna back out after all this?

After i find the least painful way to stand i start checking the rest of my gear, my pants leg seems to has been burnt im missing my sock and the shoes has passed on to the after life and my left sleeve is ripped as well, my pipboy on the other hand his almost in mint condition like it was not just next to a bomb, the only problem with it is that it is covered in my dried blood, that's going to suck to clean i don't think we got Windex here or baby wipes.

I leave the tiny living room and head into the bathroom where i find nothing but a bathtub a plunger and a toolbox with a hammer and some scrap metal, i take the whole toolbox and head to the other room which i can see has a bed and some cabinets and a desk but stop before passing though the doorway.

A tripwire sitting right in the doorway, i saw it right before i stepped onto so i step over it and head into the room to see what it links to, there mounted on the wall facing the door was a single barreled shotgun which was connected to the tripwire so i grab onto the trigger to prevent it from going off and trip the wire and remove the shotgun from the wall and remove its shell.

Once i know its safe i reload it and mount it on my back with my rifle because i don't want to go though my inventory when i need a new gun to fight with, in the cabinet is some liquor two bottles of whiskey and a bottle of red wine, shame im not good with drink's guess i could sell them, i put them in my inventory and head for the second bathroom in this tiny house.

I instantly notice the dead Legion boy laying dead on the floor and the landmine in front of him next to the safe next to the bathtub, i drag him out of the bathroom by his feet and start checking him for useful gear, he is bare chested but he has some metal and cloth Braces on his arms and a cloth wrap with what looks to be a visor baseball cap wrapped into it, he also is wearing plated pants like what some of the other Legion boys had on them and metal boots.

I decide to spite him in death since he must have been the guy to set up these traps, speaking of traps before i could even drag him out of the bathroom i had to deal with one he had placed some weird kind of pressure pad with no direct line to a trap i found under the metal bowl you step on was kinda what looked like a car jack with a button facing up towards the bowl which i just removed and picked up the whole plate and put it on top of the scorpion box.

Now back to spite i take off his boots and steal his socks off his feet since i need to replace my old boot and i don't want to have mix matched footwear, i also took his face wrap and unwrapped it and threw the cap in the toilet, i take my new sock and put it on my foot before wrapping the cloth around it and put on the armored boots.

I thought they would feel uncomfortable since they are metal boots but they feel rather nice and since i am putting on armor onto my suit again i take the Metal Gauntlets i took from the raider on my arms, strangely when i put the pipboy back on after putting the gauntlets on it just snaps into place like where it had always been without hampering the armor my guess is on space magic.

When i leave the house its dark out and my Pipboy's clock says its the next day so im on day 3, i was about to start doing my shuffle walk all the way back to the outpost before i decide its already time to use fast travel, i head onto my map screen on my pipboy and double click on the Mojave outpost and accept the prompt for it.

The invisible force picks me up again and preventing me from moving a inch as i go Flying faster then last time, as i do i look around with my eyes and see that on the ground level there are tons of scorpions and ants and such roaming the sands tonight so maybe it was a good idea to take the fright train tonight, after about 1 minute of flying i and softly placed right behind the right foot of the ranger statue and start limping my way up to the ranger who somehow missed a flying greenhorn.

I tell her about what happened except for the part where i broke my leg trying to loot the town and say that a legion soldier did it to make a point about bringing the message and to say her expression was grim after finding out their enemies burned down the town at their doorstep would be a true understatement

I told her i was going to tell Ranger Jackson to which she gave me my pay which was a small pouch with 100 caps and two rolled up NCR 20 dollar bills which i have no clue of their value out here, i asked her before i left if there was a medic stationed here but she told me the last one was requested to transfer a few days ago for someone else and that my best bet would be Primm or Goodsprings.

I got the places marked on my map before i went and told Jackson about what had happened before heading down to Primm.

End of chapter
I felt the spacing was a bit weird on this one but about 1147 words.

2