10. Sun Fuyu and the Scary Demonic Beasts (kittens)
9.3k 34 250
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sun Fuyu was finally thrown back, defeated once again by Wu Qingqing. At least he had lasted longer this time.

Wu Qingqing flicked off her sweat with distaste. “Sun-shidi, good practice. I’ll see you again tomorrow.” She looked down on him and joined her friends again with a victorious air. 

Sun Fuyu lowered his gaze, not letting her see his dark eyes. Covering his mouth with his sleeve, Sun Fuyu swallowed a low-grade medicine pill to soothe away the internal damage.

Wu Qingqing and her group met with Wang Li Wei and his group as they often did. “Finished with that surnamed Wen already?” Wu Qingqing asked.

“Tch! You mean that bastard Wen Zhihao!” Wang Li Wei said, disgusted. 

He ran away? He ran away last time I met him.

Did he get scared now?” one of Wu Qingqing's friends piped up.

He’s such a pitiful cultivator. He’s a drain on the sect’s resources,” Wu Qingqing said.

Wang Li Wei sneered. “With that attitude, it won’t be long before the elders kick him out!

Sun Fuyu gritted his teeth and ran over to them. “If you both think you’re so good, why don’t you fight each other?! Wen-shixiong is above you little ants! Demonic cultivators? You all are worse! Fake white lotuses!”

Wang Li Wei’s face went red with anger. “You little—! Let’s fight!”

Sun Fuyu drew his sword, and taking a lesson from Wen-shixiong, he quickly flew away.

Sun Fuyu rose above the sect. He remembered that Wen Zhihao went that way...His sharp eyes picked out Wen Zhihao in the demonic beasts enclosure.

...Wait, inside the demonic beasts enclosure?! But Wen Zhihao was a sword cultivator! Sun Fuyu narrowed his eyes and descended down for a closer look.

Closer, closer…

The demonic beasts had small, sharp teeth and small sharp claws. Despite it, Wen-shixiong was hand-feeding them and petting them.

This kind of behaviour...what kind of enlightenment had Wen-shixiong obtained? It was not something Sun Fuyu was familiar with at all.

Sun Fuyu’s fingers tangled with the lattice fence. He became wary when a demonic beast stalked up to him. He knew full well how vicious stray animals could be, and these demonic beasts were even more powerful.

Wen Zhihao followed the path of the kitten/demonic beast. He was a little surprised to see Sun Fuyu. His figure seemed lonely, standing there by himself on the other side of the fence, with a look of suspicion towards the little kitten.

“Oh, Sun-shidi,” Wen Zhihao said with a welcoming tone. “Do you want to play? Come here.”

Sun Fuyu lowered his head. “Yes, shixiong.”

Wen Zhihao opened the gate and quickly ushered Sun Fuyu in before any of the kittens could run out.

“These demonic beasts…” Sun Fuyu started.

“Cute kittens,” Wen Zhihao said calmly. He patted Sun Fuyu on the back. “Don’t be scared of them. If nothing else, this shixiong is here, aren’t I?”

Sun Fuyu’s head lowered even more. “En.”

Wen Zhihao’s lips twitched. Such an obedient teenager! Parents would love such a child. He patted Sun Fuyu on the shoulder—he couldn’t ruffle his hair, lest he destroyed the neat hairstyle.

Wen Zhihao sat down on the ground. Sun Fuyu crouched down, his cheeks faintly red. Under Wen Zhihao’s shameless bribing of the kittens with food, they gathered around the two junior cultivators and happily played. Some of them climbed over Wen Zhihao’s lap, and a daring one climbed up Wen Zhihao’s back, claws digging into his robes.

Sun Fuyu looked at Wen Zhihao’s bright eyes and teasing of the demonic beasts. When Wen Zhihao glanced at him, a quizzical look on his face, Sun Fuyu immediately looked away, focusing on a small golden-furred cat demon. But he could still feel Wen-shixiong’s gaze.

Sun Fuyu couldn’t understand it at all. Wen-shixiong was not like this before...did he receive some kind of tribulation? Enlightenment? He still hasn’t claimed my debt towards him…

Wen Zhihao’s lips quirked up in amusement. Sun Fuyu poked at the ground, looking a little annoyed, with flushed cheeks. Wen Zhihao was sure that aunties would love him. Almost as cute as the kittens.

Not long after, a gong tolled. Sun Fuyu immediately shot to his feet.

Wen Zhihao glanced up at him, his other hand still ruffling the fur of one of the kittens. “Going somewhere? No need to hesitate.”

Sun Fuyu bowed his head. “Please excuse me, Wen-shixiong, I have classes!”

Wen Zhihao stood up and led Sun Fuyu out of the demonic beast enclosure. “Study well.”

“Yes!”

With that, Sun Fuyu took out his sword and flew away.

Wen Zhihao watched his receding figure. In fact, he probably had classes too, but he didn’t care. He graduated from university already and had no intention of attending more structured classes. Also, sitting on the ground for extended periods of time, writing with the calligraphy brush? He’d get cramped legs and probably be chased out with his shoddy handwriting.

Better not return to his room where certain people can find him though, Wen Zhihao decided. All the more reason to stay here with the kittens!

 

 


Sun Fuyu with cat ears and a cat tail.

Wen Zhihao: *nods seriously* Very cute.

Sun Fuyu: Hissss!!! I’m not cute! I’m a cultivator!

Wen Zhihao: *turning his face away, or else he’ll burst out laughing*

 

Extra chapter for all the comments, and to celebrate 100 favourites ❤️

250