Arc 1 Ch. 3: Villainess in Distress
8.8k 21 136
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Arc 1 was mostly imagined as a ‘solo adventure’ to introduce many of the major characters and set the overarching story in motion, based on a subplot around Beryl’s backstory before the story really takes off. In hindsight, this chapter and the few after it don’t represent what the rest of the novel is all about. I plan to do a rewrite of this story with a hugely redesigned Arc 1 that will be more like the later arcs.

Until then, here is a summary for Arc 1 Chapter 3. The full Chapter 4 is after this one with a bit of GL ecchi fun (plus the remaining chapters of Arc 1), but for various reasons a shorter version of Arc 1 is available below too:

 

Arc 1 Ch. 3: Villainess in Distress

The guard from earlier catches up to Beryl and Alice and is kind of a scumbag again. A new character shows up to save the day: a young noble with jet black hair and an illustrious coat, going by the name of Ciedrich von Brauer. Beryl sees an opportunity to set her reincarnation ‘shortcut’ plan into action and accepts his offer to get her some new gear.

 

The rest of Arc 1 abridged (summaries)

Arc 1 Ch. 4: That Time I got Reincarnated as a Noblewoman

Beryl’s new gear turns out to be a dress. She gets to ‘enjoy’ some ecchi fun time with the noble’s maid Helga taking her measurements, followed by a bit of weird identity death after putting on her sexy new dress and seeing herself in the mirror.

 

Arc 1 Ch. 5: Magic and Monsters, Part I

Beryl takes on a new ‘villainess’ persona with the name Lady Beryl for a while. She gets some high heel shoes, then goes with the noble to his mansion and learns a teleport spell, Recall.

 

Arc 1 Ch. 6: Magic and Monsters, Part II

Beryl figures out how to properly cast the spell before figuring out the noble is kinda creepy. She leaves his mansion, sets a Recall point outside so she has somewhere to teleport in case of an emergency, then gets some boots to wear. The high heels just weren’t working out.

 

Arc 1 Ch. 7: Angel Cheats

John shows up and ‘helps’ Beryl get some coins, leaving her with his strange hat. Beryl runs into the guard again who turns out to not be a total scumbag. The guard, named Zack, gives her a satchel to hold her stuff before offering to take Beryl to meet the Demon King.

 

Arc 1 Ch. 8: The Devil is a Part-Time Drunk

Beryl finds the Demon King in the middle of a drinking contest at the prestigious tavern he runs.

 

Arc 1 Ch. 9: The Deal with the Devil

The Demon King is apparently a powerful but very weird old drunk. He tells his story and gives Beryl an enchanted obsidian dagger, a weapon capable of destroying the seven hidden soul fragments that keep the Demon King immortal… and he doesn't want his immortality anymore.

 

Arc 1 Ch. 10: Devil May Care

Minerva, the Demon King's succubus queen, offers Beryl a free room at the tavern. Beryl ends her first day in this world—and her second, much weirder 18th birthday.

 

End of Arc One: The Weirdest Birthday

Day One Inventory
ITEM NOTES
Spell Potential 11Recall
Starter Tunic Crappy
Coins 174 Copper, 203 Silver
Fancy Noblewoman’s Dress Well, it is kinda flattering…
Recall Spell Basic proficiency
Recall point: Outside the mansion ‘For emergency use only’
Leather Boots Fashionable and functional!
John’s Hat Cheesy as hell
Fabric Satchel Medium size with shoulder sling
Obsidian Dagger and Sheath Enchanted with ???
Birthday Suit Unexplored (for now...)

 

If you’re looking for more Alice, you can continue ahead to Arc 2 HERE! Thanks for reading~!

[collapse]
136