Chapter 2
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Atlas, let's sign the contract."

"Hihihihi, OK!!" he said, joyful.

A fairy was one of the species that could serve as an advisor to a dungeon master; they can inherit my right and rule or shop at my place.
For someone like me, a fairy is the most I can afford at the moment.

" What do you want."

"A huge garden with seed from the fairyland, a pond, and 25% of you point each month."

"No"

"What no, I want it, I want it; I want it!!!" he shook his little arms in the air and pouted like a child.

"Still, no."

"Then, then, I don't work, bastard."

"That's so, ah I can't help it."

I squatted on the floor until I found a little pebble.

"You remember that time, right."

"What are you talking, bastard!" he shot angrily.

"I call for reinforcement back then; they never came. Why was that again? Ah, yes, you were playing with other fairies. That makes me think; I didn't punish you for that." I grinned

" A garden, a pond, and 10%."

"No"

"Wait, wait!! Let's say I pay for the garden and the pond with my 10%!" he hurriedly said.

"5%."

"Deal" he smiled

I then prepared my throw,

"Wha-"

'the dice were cast, and that's a hit, from the great Kal. The crowd arises for his triumph.' While Kal was daydreaming and a little fairy was collapsed on the ground, outside great thing happened.

*****

Meanwhile
2 February

A young man stands up, all-around a mountain of trash.
He takes the remote, each of his steps as a trial, accompanied by a growl.

Once the tv switches on, differents pictures of hospitals appear, the patients lying on the floor on the brink of death, waiting for treatment, the cries of their dears ones.

"Already one week since the appearance of this disease, as you can see, the hospitals are full, so as the morgues."

The journalist continues. " The various statement from the authorities explained that this illness was similar to the bubonic plague. Different symptoms appeared a high fever, enlarged ganglion, followed by bloody sputum, then death. Until now, 50%
of people with these symptoms died within three days. In one week, five million people died."

She takes a deep breath, " Right now, one of our station take contact with a few epidemiologists; this is their statement; they do not want to be target by outside pressure, so you will not see their face.

The statements begin without detour. " The government is lying to you; our team samples thousand of patients, their no traces of bacterial agent, nor virus, nothing.
The government pressures us not to divulges anything, and since this news didn't circle the world, every government concealed this.
I repeat, this is no disease; this is closer to irradiation syndrome. But without radioactivity, it's impossible."

He continues. " A physician that I know informed me of a new energy that circu ____".

The channel was cut off.

The man young man seeing that look to his left
" Cough, cough." he spits some blood.

" It's been three days already," he says weakly.

At this moment, a huge screen appears before him. On it, you could read.
"Hello, little one :), say status, it will be fun."

He smirks.

0