Prologue 2
1.1k 1 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As i walked into my safehouse in Zurich i receive a phone call from my Holo-wrist. 

-Snake. This is Brooks. 

-Brooks? What do you want? 

-I got a contract for you. 

-I told you Coalescence would be the last contract I do for you. 

-Not after the shit you pulled in Munich 

-Fine... What's the details. 

-A prototype antimatter bomb was stolen off the coast of Madagascar. We've located its position on a cargo ship 350 miles from New Zealand. 

-Then why do you need me? 

-We need your expertise to help secure the bomb. 

-Where do we meet? 

-The usual bar in Auckland. 

As i sit down and order a beer from the bartender Brooks walks in and sits next to me

-Hello there, General Brooks. 

-ah! Snake. 

-Hehe

-Hehe, now down to business. 

-Alright fine, now who am i working with? 

-You'll be working with Crimson Fox as a two man team. 

-Her? You mean the one from Munich? 

-Yup the same one you threw a business card at. 

-Well this will be interesting. 

We left the bar and headed to the US Supercarrier U.S.S Elliot T Windsor. As we enter the briefing room i see miss Crimson Fox staring at me angrily and walks up to Brooks next to me. 

-General! Why is he here?! 

-Easy fox he's your teammate. 

-Him! A merc! Not to mention one working with the CDP! 

As she argues with Brooks i look around the briefing room and start checking out the equipment and the intel they've gathered. 

-All right that's enough Fox, time for the briefing. (Brooks) 

-Hmph. Fine. (Fox) 

-The mission is simple, Fox and Snake will be deployed by sub in the middle of the night and sneak on the ship and secure the bridge. Afterwards they'll cut off power to the entire ship and proceed to locate and secure the bomb. The bomb is in a secured cargo container designed to reduce the blast effect, but its still as strong as the first atom bomb even in the container. Any questions? (Brooks) 

-What if they rig a timer to it? (Snake) 

-That's why you cut the power, the bomb needs a large amount of power to stay active and has a unique conduit outlet. (Brooks) 

-All right then, when do we start? (Snake) 

-2200 tomorrow. (Brooks) 

-Sir is it really a good idea to bring him along? (Fox) 

-Trust me Fox he's one of the best if not the best soldier i know. (brooks) 

-thanks for the vote of confidence there Brooks. (Snake) 

Once the briefing is over i make my way to the armory to stock up on ammo and grenades after all, why not take free stuff. Crimson fox then walks in and locks the security door behind her. 

-what do you want miss Fox? 

-Who the hell are you? You seem to be on good terms with General Brooks yet your a merc, what's more you have access codes to the armory so what gives?

-Me and Brooks go way back that's all. 

-That's all? 

-That's all which isn't classified 

-Hmm

She then leaves and leaves the armory door wide open. I go back to stocking up on ammo and grenades, afterwards i start tinkering with my AKN-44 to prepare for tomorrow's mission. 

27