Chapter 2- A new world
1.1k 5 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I begin to process what I've just read and realise i really am in another world. 

-Well this certainly interesting. 

I begin checking out the shop and see that indeed 25% of my bank account has been transferred into points since there is now 5.25 million points in the shop. I check the prices for ammo and see that 1000 5.56 rounds cost 1000 points. Other types of ammo vary depending on the size or whether or not its a specialist ammo like my smart tracker round which now costs 10,000 points in this shop. 

-At least i don't have to worry about keeping myself well stocked for the foreseeable future. 

As for my loadout i got 5 different rifles, 5 submachine guns, 2 machine guns, 2 launchers, 3 shotguns, 3 pistols and my trusty 338 mag locust sniper rifle. After this i check my data to see a document called "Beginner's guide to the new world". Going through the document tells me that the world I'm standing in is called Enigma due to scholars unable to fully understand it and its many mysteries. The continent im on is called the Crescent due to it being in the shape of a Crescent moon. Apparently 1500 years ago 3 heroes were summoned from another world to defeat the avatar of negative energy called the demon king. 

-Real cliché there. 

Due to battle with the demon king the continent was shattered into the Crescent and an archipelago known as the fractured lands. The leftover energy from the demon king became the devil race who have been atoning for their creator and long since disappeared. There are 4 major human nations with smaller city states and duchies acting as buffers between them, these 4 nations are the Valorite Empire, the Nova Terra kingdom, the church of Saintess Marie, and the Magos Republic. Aside from the Empire each major nation was founded directly or indirectly by 1 of the heroes. 

The human states reside on the northern part of the Crescent while further south there is the Dwarven Meritocracy who reside in the mountains that make up the central part of the Crescent. In the southern part of the Crescent is the Ancient Forest and Great Desert where the elves reside, they battle amongst themselves by expanding either the forest or eroding it with the desert. As for the Fractured lands they are occupied by the Beastmen who  are part man and part beast. 

-The Japanese would have a field day there. 

After finishing reading the document i grab my rifle and start walking down the cobble road. Not long after i see a carriage being attacked by large grey wolves, it appears that there's only a merchant on board holding a rusty sword shacking in his boots. I decide to help since i might as well make some cash. 

Pew Pew Pew

As i open fire 3 wolves drop dead by headshots and the other 3 turn to look at me and decide to charge. 

Pew Pew Pew 

With all 6 wolves dead i walk up to the merchant. 

-Hey you all right? 

-Huh? Uh yeah im fine, thank you good sir. 

-no problem, though i do hope you can pay me. 

-That wont be an issue sir uh? 

-Snake, call me Snake. 

-Well sir Snake my name is Edward Foyer from the Hollow Steel company. 

-I see, mind if i hitch a ride? 

-No go ahead it's the least i can do for your help. Though could you collect the wolf corpses. 

-Why? 

-So that you can sell them at the adventurer guild of course. 

-Ah right! Silly me. 

I begin to collect the wolf corpses and put the in my storage. 

-I see sir Snake has an item box, you must quite wealthy then. 

-I suppose so, though i have lost my money so i am need of some pocket cash. 

-In that case i will pay you when we reach the city. 

Afterwards Edward tells the horse to start going again. 

29