Chapter 3- cliché city?
976 7 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Sir Snake has quite the weapon. 

-Yeah.. Its handmade and no, I'm not planning on parting with it. 

-Ah, my apologies. 

-No problem, by the way where are we going? 

-We're heading to the merchant city. 

From what i read in my data, the merchant city was originally a rest stop for travelling caravans before over the centuries it expanded to the nearly 1 million person large economic powerhouse it is today. The city is run by a council of 5 of the largest companies who are constantly trying to one up each other while kicking down smaller companies trying to take their position. 

We soon arrive at the merchant city and Edward gives me my pay and some directions. 

-I suggest sir Snake head to the adventurer guild and sell off your wolf corpses, there is also an inn which is quite cheap but still comfortable. 

-Thanks for the info. 

I head off towards the adventurer guild. As i enter i see a bunch of buff guys drinking and laughing away their paychecks at the bar. They look at me with confusion, probably cause of my outfit. I walk over to the receptionist who looks just like your typical brunette with long flowing hair. 

-Hello,how can I help you sir? 

-I'd like to sell off some wolf corpses and register. 

-Very well then please place your hunt on the tray here and fill in this form. 

I place my wolf corpses on the tray and begin filling in the form when my radar picks up someone slowly making his way towards me. 

-Oh right, sir once you are done filling in the form please place your hand on the orb to your right. This will link you to your guild card. 

Once I've finished the form i place my hand on the orb and feel a surge of energy from my hand to the orb. I assume that's how it links me to the card. 

-Here you go sir, your pay and your brand new guild card which can be used as an ID card should you need it, if you wish to take on contracts you can choose one from the board on your left. The guild will still accept any monster corpses regardless of contracts but contracts do provide extra pay so keep an eye out for any contracts you might want to take. 

After that info dump from the receptionist i feel a large hand my shoulder. 

-What do you want? 

-I'm just makin sure a pipsqueak like you knows what kind of contract you should be takin! 

-And what is that? 

-A baggage boy! Hahahahaha! 

I turn around and see a roughly 2 meter tall man who appears to be an adventurer drinking a tankard of ale. 

I leave the guild and head to the inn Edward recommended to me. As i go in and see a 15 year old blonde girl with cat ears who appears to be the receptionist walk up to me. 

-Hello! Would you like to rent a room!

-sure, how much for a room? 

-it'll cost 200 for a night but if you rent for 10 days you can get a 25% discount! 

-fine then. 

I pay for the rent and she hands me the key for my room, room 202.

-Don't forget that breakfast is free! 

I walk into my room and sit down on the bed and realise that this world uses dollars as a form of currency. It appears that the heroes of old were american and implemented modern conveniences. 

I check out the shop on my Holo-wrist and notice a peculiar item. 

Safehouse Starter kit

Build your own safehouse in just 3 easy steps! Equipped with all the amenities and tools a mercenary of your caliber requires! 

Includes: a gunsmith station, an auto-surgeon machine and full medical suite, a self-sufficient photonic reactor for all your power needs, a 1 meter thick reinforced titanium alloy security door, advanced computer suites, and complementary sofas! 

Note: additional equipment and furniture sold separately. 

I decide to buy it, even at a cost of 1 million points it's still cheaper than my safehouse in Zurich. 

Thank you for your purchase! 

Note: the kit can only be deployed in caves or other confined spaces. 

You could have told me that earlier! Oh well, nevermind. Just something else to add to my to do list. I swap my AKN-44 for my locust sniper rifle and begin doing some maintenance to past the time. 

====================================================

(A.N had to do a lot of editing due to me losing the original draft) 

24