Chapter 4- hunting season
848 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next day i leave the inn to check the contract board in the adventurer guild. Once there i go through the available contracts and grab both a wolf and bandit extermination contract. I walk over the reception desk and ask about the bandit contract. 

-Hey, i got a question about this bandit contract. 

-Oh what are you wondering about? 

-How do i confirm proof of kill? 

-You collect their finger and bring it back. We have a special device to verify the bounties. 

-I see, thank you. 

As i walk away i hear her colleague talk to her. 

-Hey ruby, why do you get to talk to the new guy? 

-I just keep getting lucky, so stop teasing me! 

As i leave the outskirts of the city, i deploy a dragonfly recon drone and begin surveying the landscape searching for both signs of bandit camps and traces of wolfpacks. Not long after my drone finds a pack of wolves resting next a small pond. I begin sneaking up on them while activating my cloaking device. I prepare a concussion grenade and ready my MR45 handgun. As the concussion grenade went of i opened fire with my handgun. 

BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG

All 5 wolves where quickly dispatched with a headshot. While i collect the corpses i check on my drone to see that it found a group of what appears to be bandits preparing to move out. I reactivate my cloak and begin heading their direction. 

As I sneak up on them i over hear 2 of them talking. 

-Man, that merchant we robbed had quite the score! 

-You can say that again haha! 

-Hahaha! 

Now that confirms my suspicions i begin probing their positions planning out my attack plan. I decide to pull out a second MR45, i want to test their reaction speed and see how fast i can plough through them. 

BANG BANG

2 down. 

BANG BANG BANG BANG 

make that 6.

BANG BANG BANG BANG

now it's 10.

I proceed further in their camp and pick off anyone going for their weapons. Then as 19th bandit dropped a 2 meter tall guy who looks like viking appears from a tent, he wields 2 short axes and wears leather armor. 

-You'll pay for this! 

He begins to charge at me but as soon he takes a step i empty my mags into him, all 10 remaining rounds. After i reload i clean up any remnants and start collecting their fingers as bounties. I decide to check their loot and find a nice looking zweihander, i decide to keep it as a collectable. 

I recall my drone and make my way back to town. On my way there i decide to take a closer look at my guild card. 

Name: Snake

Role   : long-range marksman

Age    : 27

Rank  : D

Aside from the main info on the card there isn't actually much besides decoration around it, i assume they can verify the card using some sort off device like the orb at the guild. 

Once i enter the guild i walk over to the reception desk and see a tanned blonde manning it. 

-Ah, i assume you want to turn in your bounties? 

-Yup, 5 wolves and 22 bandits. 

-Wow! Quite a lot for a rookie.

-The hardest part was tracking down the bandits honestly. 

-Hehe how humble of you. Well here you go your pay. 

-Thanks. 

I start heading back to the inn and begin to disassemble my guns for maintenance. 

24