Chapter 14- Desert warfare
452 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A week has passed and the elite guard has arrived apparently lead by the Dark Elf Patriarch. It seems that he wanted to hunt the supposed dragon terrorising the sands. I kept operating the VTOL remotely to assist Cherié taking down sand worms. 

As Cherié enters the adventurer guild she's called by the receptionist. 

-Oh! Miss come here, there's a request for you. 

-Oh? What is it? 

-Apparently the Patriarch wishes to meet you. 

-Where's the meeting point? 

-Upstairs, he's waiting for you. 

As Cherié pauses for a moment i tell her to meet him. 

{Go meet him} 

{Yes sir} 

She goes up to the meeting room and enters to see an immaculately beautiful dark elf wearing flowing robes and gold accessories. If it wasn't for the fact that he has shiny bronze abs i would've thought he was a woman with that pretty face. He has 2 bodyguards on either side behind him. 

Cherié sits across from him while maintaining as polite as possible, since she's still quite shy. The Patriarch decides to speak first. 

-Do you know of the dragon? 

-.... Yes.. I follow it to find sand worms. 

-Clever, even i wouldn't have thought of that. But still your quite brave. 

-Not brave, just very sneaky sir. 

-Sneaky huh? Is that how it doesn't notice you? 

-Yes... 

-In that case i would like you to escort me to the dragon. 

-Huh? You want me to lead you to the dragon?

-Yes, can you do it? 

{Say yes Cherié} 

-Yes i can. 

-Good, then we leave tomorrow i'll meet you at the guild. 

He gets up and leaves along with his guards. Afterwards Cherié leaves and makes her way back to me. 

-Master how we do this? 

-Simple, i'll head to the VTOL and you'll lead the Patriarch to it. Afterwards i land it and we can hand over the letter. 

-Why all the trouble for a letter? 

-Be cause its suspicious to just walk up and hand over the letter. 

-Isn't it more suspicious to use the ship that people think is dragon to deliver the letter? 

-We need the Patriarch to know that its friendly so people don't harass it. Besides it'll make quite the entrance. 

-Very well then. 

The next day Cherié heads to the guild while i make my way to the VTOL. Once there i switch on the active camo. The past week I've been making modifications to the ship, mainly converting from a nuclear reactor to a passive mana collector with a small fusion reactor for backup. I've been focusing on survivability and changing the interior for long term housing with a couple beds and a basic gunsmith desk making it a mobile home. 

I start up the ship and make my way to Cherié's location and i check in on her feed. It appears that she's leading the Patriarch to my position. I decide to decloak and fire a few autocannon shots around them to get their attention. 

BANG BANG BANG 

the Dark elves prepare their bows while Cherié just stands there looking. She informs them i mean no harm and i begin landing. 

Cherié POV

Master sure likes to make a dramatic entrance. I should calm down the Patriarch. 

-Sir calm down i don't think it wants to hurt us. 

-But it fired at us! 

-If it wanted to hurt us it wouldn't miss. 

-Hmm... True guards! Stand down! 

-But sir! (Guards) 

-Do it. 

The guards stand down as the ramp of the ship opens and master walks out. 

Snake POV

I walk out the VTOL with my hands up and slowly making my way out. The Patriarch walks up and calls out to me. 

-Who are you? 

-Im a messenger with a letter for you. 

-For me? 

-More specifically the elven princess your married too. 

-You mean Rebecca? 

-Her sister handed me a letter of introduction and one for her. 

I walk up to him and hand him the letters. He opens the introduction letter. 

-I see, so she hired you to help heal the Mother tree. 

-More like remove a parasite but yeah. 

-Hmm... You must be quite skilled then. 

-I usually don't brag but i have taken down dragon. 

-Then you wouldn't mind a hunt would you. 

-Hunt what? 

-The usual, sand worms. 

-Fine by me. 

I get the VTOL to cloak up and fly off and pull out my Locust sniper. 

-Interesting bird you have. 

-Yup and not for sale. 

-Haha! Give me some credit i know when something is for sale. 

-Well then lets hunt. 

We left in search of worms and we soon found one. I opened fire. 

Bang! 

The worm continued worming along so i fired another shot this time loading a high explosive round. 

Bang! 

Boom, headshot! The worm shook when the round impact the front of it. I load a second round. 

Bang! 

Another round right where i aimed exploding inside it killing it. 

-Nice shooting. 

-Thank you, not many people appreciate the art of marksmanship. 

-Well many people think it cowardly to fight at range. 

-I think of it as professional, no messing about with loud screaming just one singular round. Quick and simple. 

-Impressive, we'll we should head back. I'm sure Rebecca would love to ask about her sister. 

We headed back to town to prepare for departing to the Dark elf nomadic camp. 

15