Chapter 15- Nomads
454 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We leave the oasis town and made the trek to the dark elf village. I converse with Patriarch about how the dark elves survive. 

-So how life in the village? 

-We live a nomadic lifestyle, going from oasis to oasis. We do have a a permanent camp used for mining gemstones. 

-So I've heard, the dwarves prize dark elf gemstones for their quality. 

-Then our reputation precedes us. 

-That i can attest to. 

We eventually reach the elven camp just in time for them to pack up. The dark elves are preparing for the next trip, putting luggage on camels and folding up tents. The Patriarch says that their planning on heading back to their main camp. 

After a few days of travelling we reach the main dark elf camp. A massive canyon with homes built in the cliffside. They dark elves specialise in hunting like their forest counterparts but instead forestry the dark elves craftsmanship is in jewelry, both for decoration or for mages. The canyon is probably the largest deposit of gemstones in the entire Crescent, easily surpassing the dwarven mines, at least in terms of gemstones. 

We're brought to the largest of the cliffside homes which is owned by the Patriarch. We sit down on the carpet at the low table as maids bring tea and snacks. The Patriarch soon enters with his wife Rebecca and sit across us. Rebecca asks us about her sister. 

-So how is sis? 

-She's doing fine aside from a little cerfuffle with the Mother tree. 

-Oh? What sort of issue? 

-The tree had a bit of sickness but its been resolved. 

-Well that's good then.

The Patriarch then speaks

-So Snake, you have quite the knack for solving issues. 

-Yes sir, its my speciality. 

-In that case would you be willing to help me with an issue i have. 

-That being? 

-I've received reports that some of the mines are infested with large scorpions, it appears that one of the workers dug too deep and uncovered a nest. 

-And you want me to clear it? 

-Precisely, you will be greatly rewarded. 

-Very well then. 

-Good then we have a deal. 

After a another hour of conversation Cherié and i are lead to a guest room to rest. Tomorrow we plan to clear out the mines. I give Cherié her ICR carbines and do some maintenance to pass the time. 

The next day we're lead by the guards to the mines. Cherié and i do one final equipment check before heading in. As we enter we switch to NVGs since its quite dark after a few minutes of walking we encounter a few scorpions. 

PFHT PFHT PFHT PFHT

PFHT PFHT PFHT PFHT 

PFHT PFHT PFHT PFHT 

After putting down the first scorpions we press on deeper into the mines fighting more and more scorpions. 

PFHT PFHT PFHT PFHT PFHT 

PFHT PFHT PFHT PFHT PFHT 

PFHT PFHT PFHT PFHT PFHT 

We eventually reach a large chamber filled to the brim with scorpions and a large scorpion queen. The regular scorpions are as big as a dog but the queen is a goddamn truck. I tell Cherié to throw a few frags while i go through my menu for the purifier. A napalm flamethrower, i pull it out and start burning everything. Cherié quickly hides behind me. 

Whoooosh! 

Whooooosh! 

Whoooosh! 

Whoooosh! 

Whoosh! 

I eventually thin out the hoard leaving the queen a burning pile of meat. Eventually we finish of the remaining scorpions and head back out. 

We leave the mines and then brought back to the Patriarch's home. We sit at the same carpet and the Patriarch enters, this time alone. 

-So you managed to clear the mines. 

-yup, had to kill the queen as well. 

-Very impressive, then you shall be well paid. You can have one of the best homes here for you to use as well as a few gemstones. 

After dealing with the details we're brought to the home the we're given. Inside is a well furnished home with all the amenities needed. Cherié goes exporing while i set up things like the gunsmith table and a few other important things for a safehouse like security cameras and better locks. 

I decide to rest for today and start planning our next destination. 

17