Side chapter 4- cultural differences
438 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2nd personal report. 

A fantasy world cultural differences. 

The following is a report about the different cultures inhabiting the Crescent. Each species has a unique culture and styles of art though all share the same language, the cause of this shared tongue is most likely due to the heroes travelling and spreading their language. 

Humans: the human nations share a similar culture and history with all nations having similar architecture, art, cuisine, music, and clothing. The closest earth comparison is europe with so many nations in close proximity and large scale trading and immigration to and from just about everywhere. Though the technology level is similar to medieval europe but augmented with magic putting them on equal level with the late 18th century. 

Dwarfs: the dwarfs are very similar to the vikings and other nordic cultures. Though most dwarven settlements are inside mountains it still has that nordic feel. In terms of their art the dwarfs are similar to norse carvings but to a whole other level in terms of intricacies and detail. They also share similar cuisine and alcohol though the dwarfs would easily beat even the germans in alcohol tolerance. In terms of technology the dwarfs are a few years ahead the human nations and I've even seen some dabbling in steam tech though mainly for use in forging. 

Elves: the elves are peculiar, they have little in the way of technology being very agrarian and rely on hunting and some farming thanks to them being very in tune with nature. They make up for this weakness with skilled magic and being very skilled in communicating with animals nad beasts. Due to the agrarian nature of the elves leads them to have a very vegetarian and fruit based diet though they do supplement it with roasts and a variety of spices. The elves artistic sense is visible in the way they carve their furniture and bows, its said that elven woodwork is the most beautiful thing in the world. 

Dark elves: the dark elves are nomadic in nature, similar to the travelling arabs of the middle east or northern africa. So their clothing is well suited to heat and sand of the great desert. In terms of cuisine the dark elves eat pseudo dates and dried meats, though most food is usually preserved and purchased from the port towns. The dark elves rely on trade for most of their necessities, usually by selling precious gems and their skills. The dark elves are very skilled in combat, either with their curved swords or short bows. 

Beastmen: though i haven't seen what the beastmen are like in person according to Cherié's memories the beastmen are a mix of Korean and Japanese influences with a hint of Chinese mythology. Their cuisine is mostly fish based with rice as a base food along with other spices reminiscent of oriental flavors. Aside from cuisine and a few pieces of clothing i don't have much intel on their culture so this part of the report will be incomplete. 

End of report. 

12