Chapter 21- its all over but the crying
415 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

We exit the atrium and into the courtyard where all the university buildings meet. We see students, teachers, staff, and local security all gathered. It seems that the guards rushed in after the explosion, they found the survivors and began securing the area. We're stopped by a couple guards. 

-Halt! Identify yourself! 

The princess spoke up before i could reply. 

-I am princess Sarah von Terra! These two are my rescuers. 

-And who's he dragging? 

-The man responsible for all this! 

I toss king dick to the guard and we walk past them. I spot Miss Lily kneeling over a corpse. I walk over to her. 

Sobs 

-Are... You alright Miss Lily? 

-My... Sobs my... Sister Rose...they... They killed her! Executed her in cold blood! 

I put my hand on her shoulder. I try to comfort her as much as i can. It always hurts to see people cry over lost loved ones, I've been to too many warzones to forget that look. 

-I've seen enough bloodshed to last a thousand years, I've seen friends and family die right in front of me. Hell, i even sacrificed myself for a friend. 

-How... How do you cope with it Snake? 

-I fought on. I picked up my weapon and carried on. Sometimes i fought to forget, sometimes to make peace or avenge. Nowadays i fight to prevent this. 

-But it still happened! 

-That's why i fight, to ensure this doesn't happen again, even if i fail I'll keep going... Cause that's all i have left. 

-But i can't fight... I'm just a teacher... 

-then teach, make sure people learn from this tragedy and try to prevent another. You specialise in mana-tech right? Make devices to protect people, so they can defend themselves. 

Before she could respond a guard walks over and calls me. 

-Are you sir Snake? 

-Yeah, why do you ask? 

-The mayor wishes to speak with you. 

-Very well then, lead the way. 

The guard walks off to lead me and i tell Cherié to watch over Miss Lily. The guard leads me to the mayor's office, i'm escorted by the mayors personal guards to his office. I enter his office and see a bronze haired man sitting at the table waiting for me. I sit down across from him. 

-So your the man who saved the university. 

-Well people still died so i wouldn't say saved. 

-Very well then, let's say you halted an attack. 

-Fine by me. 

-Now tell me, have the red sox won yet? 

-No- wait a minute how do you know about the red sox? 

-I'm the reincarnation of the mage hero Isaac Magos. After so long i finally managed to reincarnate properly. 

-What do you mean properly? 

-I'm surprised your not that shocked, well what i mean is i have full control over this body. I've had to perfect the formula over the centuries of being reborn. I went to only being unable to do anything to slowly gaining control over my descendents. 

-So you hijacked your kids to use them for your own purposes? 

-I guess you could say that. 

-So what do you want? 

-I want to know how earth is doing. I left it in the year 2030.

-Well i left in the year 2070, its been 10 years since the third cold war, and well just about every superpower is in relative shambles. 

-Really? What happened to the US? 

-Overpopulation and scarcer resources, though that applies to china too since they're now in a decade long civil war. 

-That's a shame, how is the technology level. 

-Full body VR, advance robotics, Cybernetics, and all the technological wonders you can imagine. 

-I see, so the time difference is quite substantial then. 

-What? You plan on returning to earth?

-Yeah, i wanted to see my family again. 

-What's their names? Maybe i'll recognise it. 

-My niece was named Charlene Fox. She had red hair, almost crimson. 

-Huh... Small world, i worked with a girl called the crimson fox. 

-Really? How was she? I don't she is my niece though? 

-Probably her granddaughter, very skilled with a rifle, nearly shot me. 

-Really? She's also a soldier?

-Yup, special forces with a nasty temper too.

-Huh... She's just like her great grandmother then. 

-I guess so, also if i may ask. 

-Yes? 

-I'd like to access your research, specifically on mana and its properties. 

-And why is that? 

-I'm working on a mana weapon, and a few other projects. 

-I could use a new set of eyes, here. 

He hands me a keycard and stands up. 

-That keycard will let you access the hidden part of the library, you'll find all of my research notes. 

-Thanks, also where is the university's headmaster? 

-She's on a diplomatic mission to the Church. 

-Why her though and not you? 

-Cause the church is full of perverted old men, and she can handle herself. After all she is my sister. 

-This body or...? 

-This body. 

-Right. 

I get up and leave the office. I call Cherié and tell her to bring Miss Lily along. I have a feeling I'll need her help in  understanding Isaac's notes. 

14