Chapter 27- Interrogation
335 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I knocked out the warlord when we boarded the VTOL so we didn't have to listen to him struggling. Unfortunately that meant i had to listen to Fox rapid-fire questions about everything from my shield to how Fey managed to cover a distance of 15 meters to tackle the warlord. 

-What was that shield? 

-Some prototype i found. 

-How did your dog move so quickly? 

-She's well trained. 

-Hmm fine, last one, how much did Brooks pay you this time? 

-Nil, this ones a freebie. 

-You? A merc? Freebie? Forgive me for not believing. 

-Doesn't matter whether or not you believe me, you can always ask Brooks. 

After that we had some idle chatter, mainly discussing what i missed while in Enigma. It seems that the civil war in china has been escalating, though now that we've removed one of the major players that should make the others more cautious while they fill in the power gap. The KGB have had increased activity in africa while the Accords have strengthen their position in europe. 

We arrive back om the Supercarrier and we drag the warlord to one of the Interrogation rooms. He soon wakes up and Fox goes in to interrogate. 

-So Mr. "Heavenly Dragon" lets get some things straight. Tell me the truth and i won't rip your nails off. 

-You think i would believe you? I know you Americans are too soft-hearted to do a proper Interrogation. 

The Interrogation continues, Fox hasn't made progress and the warlord continues to stay silent. She walks out and back to the observation room. 

-He not soft I'll give him that. 

-You on the other hand... 

-Hey! I'm civilised. 

-I have an idea, Cherié. 

-Yes? 

-Still got some of that pent-up aggression? 

-Yeah, why? 

-Get in there and have fun. 

-Can i bring Fey? 

-Sure. 

Cherié and Fey walk in the Interrogation room. The warlord says things he's gonna regret. 

-So from a shorter girl you send in an even shorter girl? 

Cherié appears pissed and asks for permission to kill him. 

{May i?} 

{Don't kill him, just break everything other than his ears and tongue.}

{.......fine.......}

 

-You will regret that very soon Mister. 

I switch off the one way mirror as the warlord screams and wails are heard. Every now and then a slightly ominous cackle and wolf howl is heard. After about an hour Cherié comes out slightly bloodied along with Fey, Fox is visibly shocked. She looks ar me and smiles. 

-He's willing to talk now sir! (Cherié) 

-You hear that Fox? Get in there. (Snake) 

-I should bring first aid pack too. (Fox) 

She grabs the first aid on the wall and heads in. I switch on the mirror and see the grey walls of the room smeared with blood and the warlord laying there half-dead. Fox starts patching him up and starts questioning him. After a half hour we get all the intel we need and a medical team carry the warlord to the medbay. 

The next day as Cherié, Fey, and i make our way to the briefing room the rest of the crew look scared whenever Cherié walks by, it seems that the security footage was viewed by some of the crew members and they spread rumors. We enter the briefing room to see Brooks and Fox discussing the intel. 

-So what do we know Brooks? 

-This rabbit hole goes deeper than we thought, it seems that there's a network of people involved with the bomb. 

-So who do we go after first? 

-We'll start with the one in charge of their finances, a Venezuelan Drug cartel boss who's funding the whole network. The only thing we know about him is that he's called Rodriguez and that he's almost never seen, fortunately we can target his subordinates and make our way up to hit him. 

Cherié asks why we we're going after him first. 

-Why him first? 

-Cause if we can cut off the networks cash flow we'll limit their options, making it easier for us to take the rest down. 

-Oh, that makes sense.

The fleet sets of towards South America. It seems the crew are getting more scared of Cherié the longer we're here. It seems Cherié has even more of a reputation than me. Fox seems to be getting along with Cherié and she's enjoying playing with Fey. Meanwhile i just focus on continuing to shift through the memories i have from the Seraphim. 

11