Chapter 28- Small fries
305 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally we arrive at Venezuela, after passing through the Suez canal and making up a back story for why a Supercarrier and her escorts are off the coast of South America. Once again its me, Fox, Cherié and Fey are deployed in the middle of the night by VTOL into the lawless wildlands of Venezuela. 

When we land we receive a transmission from Brooks. 

-Alright listen up, while we don't know where Rodriguez is we can draw him out by taking out his lieutenants and subordinates and gathering intel. I'm sending the files on your targets. 

-Roger. 

I start plotting out the known target locations on our shared virtual map. I highlight the nearest target. 

-This will be our first stop, since he's the closest. 

The girls nod, and only now i realise that we have terrible team composition. Oh well, Cherié and i should be versatile enough to compensate. We start making our way to the first target. 

We reach a small village with a 3 story building guarded by a dozen men armed with rifles. I start marking targets. 

-Targets marked. (Snake) 

-I got mine. (Fox) 

-Got mine sir. (Cherié) 

-Woof. (Fey) 

I equipped Fey a heavily modified DMR for her to use, basically a remotely operated gun on her back that can be operated by her exoskeleton. 

-Drop'em. 

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

After killing the first 4 i start marking the next batch. 

-Marking the next ones. 

-Copy. 

-Copy. 

-Woof. 

-Fire. 

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

We cleared the outside group so we closed in on the building with cloaks activated. I peer into one of the windows to see most of them are a sleep. Cherié and Fey stay outside to watch if any stragglers returned while Fox and i sneak into the building. I start looking for any piece of intel while Fox starts taking out the sleeping ones. 

We find the boss thanks to the absurd amount of tattoos he has on his face, we've already killed the rest of his men so Fox wakes him up and beats him to a pulp to interrogate him. I give her some tips on where to inflict the most pain. 

Once done i catalogue the intel and we regroup with Cherié and Fey. We commandeer one of the gangs cars and set of to the next target. We repeat the same strategy 5 times before we get a useful piece of information, a high ranking lieutenant is on a convoy overseeing a shipment of high grade cocaine. Fox and i decide to ambush the convoy, we pick a bridge we know the convoy will use and set up det charges, we then deploy satchel charges 50 meters from either end of the bridge. The plan is that we destroy the bridge taking the front part of the convoy out, then detonate the satchel charges to knock out the rear guards which would leave the lieutenant and the drugs alone in the middle. 

Fox and Fey are set up for overwatch while Cherié and i lurk near the bridge. We see a convoy of 6 technicals with a truck in the middle. As the first 3 technicals reach the bridge the det charges blow dropping them into the river, the truck swerves to avoid falling in and tips over to its side. I hit the switch for the satchel charges blowing up the rear vehicles, Fox and Fey pick off anyone crawling out the vehicles. 

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

Pfht

While they cover us Cherié and i sneak up to the truck and open it. We see a tattoed man knocked out and surrounded by a few tonnes of cocaine. I drag him out and Cherié torches the cocaine. 

We regroup at our getaway vehicle and drive to a safehouse Brooks told us about. Fox and Cherie throw the lieutenant into the Interrogation room. The lieutenant tries to resist but the combination of CIA Interrogation techniques and Cherié's ruthlessness makes him talk after a few long hours. 

I set up a video conference with Brooks to update him on what we've gathered. 

-Snake. 

-Brooks. 

-So what did you find? 

-Some additional info on the cartels operation, the big catch is a lieutenant who knows when and where a meeting of Rodriguez's lieutenants will be. Hopefully we can get some intel on where Rodriguez is hiding. 

-Great work, i'll see to it you'll get air support and reinforcements if necessary. 

-We should be able to get in quietly but i don't think we can capture the whole group without going loud. 

-I'll have marines ready to drop in and assist. 

-Thanks. Here's the rest of what we dug up. 

-Copy, we received the data. Brooks out. 

He hangs up and i tell the girls to rest and restock. Fox and i  start planning out our route to the meeting and study the layout of the meeting area. Cherié and Fey play around to relax. 

12