Chapter 30- King of the hill (Tower)
301 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When we arrived in San Francisco i split up from the rest of the team and headed to LA, since we couldn't risk letting the FBI get involved i had to do this mission solo. Now even if the FBI get involved, Brooks can simply claim that he wasn't involved. Now I'm standing in front of Megablock 6, a massive 75 story apartment complex crammed into one tower. But unlike that old comic book the Megablocks are actually aesthetically pleasing being painted white and regularly cleaned. I walk in while cloaked and start my ascend. 

I walk in and quickly make my way to a security station, i start accessing their camera footage and scan for Rodriguez and any sort of defences he might have. It seems that Rodriguez has little presence on the lower floors, but i will have to head to the next security station 25 floors up since the CCTV network are separated into 3 groups. For now I'll just take the emergency stairs up. While a bit tedious i can us my grapple hook to climb several floors in a few seconds. I reach the second security station and and check their footage, it seems that the cartel have more men the higher the floor. It seems I'll have to be careful when i start reaching the last 25 floors. 

As i go up floors i have to sneak past cartel thugs with hand guns and switchblades. I take a peak into their rooms to notice guns and drugs scattered about, i'm sure brooks can please the FBI by sending these pics their way. They appear to have things like RPGs and machine guns, and not the semi-auto ones. If i have to go loud this might not be pretty. The higher i go the more frequent and bold the thugs get, they're patrolling the halls with submachine guns and shotguns. Sneaking around the patrols are getting a bit hard with the narrow corridors forcing me to either head to a T junction or stick to the ceiling while they pass. 

I finally reach the last security station only to find that the guards have been replaced with cartel tech-heads, hackers and computer wizards with either homemade or dangerous implants to assist in their work. I shut down their implants and access the CCTV, i finally find Rodriguez's office. I make my way there sneak in, as i draw my suppressed handgun and get ready for a fight. 

-So you finally came. 

-I assume you're Rodriguez. 

-You are correct, i assume you're after my life. 

-Yeah. 

-Then it seems the Chairwoman was right, i never really believed her. Very well then follow me. 

-Wait hold up, Chairwoman? And why should i follow you? 

-Because if you want to bring me in you'll have to do it properly, unless you want to fight through my men? 

I follow him to a dojo with a octagon. Strange combination but who am i to judge. He takes of his shirt to reveal his heavily tattooed body, he turns to look at me. 

-We shall fight in hand to hand combat, if you win i'll tell you were to find the last member of our network, he'll tell you where to find the Chairwoman. 

-Who is the Chairwoman? 

-The one who started the whole thing, she has been orchestrating nearly every conflict and major event in world for the past 50 years. 

-Then i guess then i have to fight. 

We step in the octagon and i take of my vest, it won't help and just hamper my movement. Aside from that we begin the fight. His fighting style is similar to kickboxing with an emphasis on strength and hard hitting blows. I dodge and redirect his punches, i land a few good hits but he manages to power through them. After 15 minutes of him chasing me and me returning a few jabs Rodriguez steps back and jams a syringe into his arm. His muscles bulge and he looks far stronger. 

-Hey that's cheating! 

-Says the man with the most advanced cybernetics in the world! 

He charges at me and i'm forced into a competition of strength. My cybernetics warn me that i'm reaching max limit. Rodriguez smiles at me. 

-What's wrong? Running out of steam? 

-Nah, just getting started. 

I use a technique from my Seraphim memory, i reinforce my limbs with mana to compensate for me pumping the servos and motors with mana causing them to effectively be overclocked. I managed to push Rodriguez back then with a final push i shove him back then land a devastating right hook, knocking him down for the count. He rolls over on his back and started to take deep breaths. 

-You... Managed to... Beat me.... Fine, i'll... Go quietly.... 

-At least your honest. 

He gets up and wipes his sweat with a towel before putting on a new shirt. After that i "escort" him down the Megablock to a car i had prepared and i bring him to the safehouse Brooks told me to bring Rodriguez to. 

12