Chapter 1
130 6 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter One:

Noah

"H-help!" a helpless boy shouted with all of his strength left while running.

It was a dark abyss. The boy doesn't know where his feet would lead him while running barefooted without having thoughts like stopping and taking a break.

Who would dare think of something like a break when hundreds of researchers were chasing him?

"Don't let that experimental lad escape!" They shouted in chorus, as if desperately chasing a rare gem that slid off its way to freedom.

With heavy breathing and heart racing, he sobbed and closed his eyes tightly, wishing that someone would reply for his help.

"Where are you going, Noah?" 

As he heard a voice full of resentment, he halted and looked at the face of someone he yearned for before.

It was scary. With red, raging eyes and a smile like a Cheshire cat, he can't help but to feel a shiver down his spine.

When he heard a groan, he turned back and saw that one of the researchers is running towards him to give him a shot (of tranquilizer)

Mackenzie gasped for air as soon as he felt his cellphone vibrating. 

What a nightmare.

That was a traumatic experience before. Mackenzie's real name is Noah Larson and he is a rare child. He is an alpha born with the body of an omega. Just like an omega, he can get pregnant but he doesn't get on heat cycle, be bonded or marked by and Mackenzie's pheromones are alpha. It's not a problem because Alpha pheromones are easy to control. 

How did he ended up like that, you ask? Mackenzie's mother was just like any flawed single mother. When his father broke up with his mother after she informed the former about the baby inside her womb, her mother was furious. She tried drugs and narcotics, hoping for a natural miscarriage. 

But Mackenzie was so stubborn. He still clung inside his mother's belly. When he was born, her mother turned on a new leaf and there's no day that she would not apologize for Mackenzie's condition. Mackenzie was loved by his mother, which is why he doesn't make it a big deal and resided peacefully until his mother bid goodbye. 

It was when he was captured by some researchers that he understood why would his mother apologize to him every day. It was a scary experience that still haunts him up until today.

He wondered why would he dream of the past when he is still trying to be mentally stable.

He was sweating and his heart was still racing when he picked up his phone and looked at the time.

 It was 6:31 in the morning. He left his bed and summoned himself to the bathroom. 

It was another normal morning for someone like Mackenzie Tatiana, an office worker with a daily routine of Go to work > Go home and rest, continuing its cycle until he can pay all of his debt. The debt was from the new identity he bought. It was a hefty amount that's why he was working to the bones. Even if he sold their house and moved to a small apartment, it was still not enough.

Mackenzie doesn't have any relatives. He only had her mother who died when he was 15. His mother was a runaway so he isn't familiar with his grandparents.

His father, on the other hand, that is he doesn't know. He never met his father and he wasn't planning to meet him either. 

Luckily, his mother left him with money and a house. Him having a part-time job while studying was not that difficult too. And now that he is already 23, he is living a peaceful life.

Mackenzie brushed off his hair and mumbled, "Guess I need to stop by at the salon to dye my hair."

As a part of having a new identity, he also dyed his blonde hair into black. Now that its root is starting to reveal an inch og golden hair, he needs to cover it up as soon as possible.

Getting ready to work, he opened the fridge to snatch a pair of sandwiches and a pouch of iced coffee. A perfect pair for breakfast if you ask him.

Mackenzie locked his apartment and started to stride his way to work.

***

"Mackenzieeee! Good morning my beautiful friend!"  A purple-haired lady with a pair of amber eyes hugged Mackenzie as soon as he reached his desk.

"My, my. Mackenzie just got here, Adelheid. You're being excited early in the morning~" A raven haired lady with a pair of ocean eyes popped out while smiling and chuckling softly.

Mackenzie patted Adelheid's back when she started rubbing their cheeks together, "It's all thanks to Master Mackenzie our project was a success! Now, we are merged with another company for this! Lucoaaaa aren't you excited too? Our partner in this project is the ABO Company! It's your boyfriend's company!"

Lucoa tilted her head and sighed, "What do you think will happen~? Knowing that boyfriend of mine, we can't possibly do our work peacefully."

When Adelheid let go of Mackenzie, he took it as an opportunity to take a seat. The three of them laughed as if they were the only people inside the office.

Mackenzie cleared his throat and asked, "Say, when will the ABO company send their representatives?"

Adelheid looked at him with disbelief, "Oh, didn't you know? It's today! Yeah speaking of—"

Adelheid pointed to their supervisor, who just walked in, using her lips. 

"Attention everyone! Aside from Mackenzie, I need two representatives to join the meeting."

Adelheid immediately drags Mackenzie and Lucoa in front of their supervisor.

"Oh my~ Why are you dragging me~? I don't want to~" Lucoa protested in a low voice when she was dragged like a leaf.

Adelheid just snickered and ignored her, "Here we are!"

Their fellow office mates clapped and cheered in a low tone.

"Good. Follow me." as soon as their supervisor turned around, Adelheid received a forceful smack on the head by Lucoa.

She just caressed her hair and released a 'Tehee' sound. Mackenzie just shook his head lightly.

The three of them are called 'The Three Musketeers' in their workplace. It's because when their department is tasked with something difficult, they always volunteer to do the work which made them a savior for their co-workers. But in reality, it's always Adelheid who volunteers and would drag the two of them just like now.

Before their supervisor turned the knob of the meeting room's door, he informed the three of them, "There are also three representatives the ABO sent. All of them are Alphas. Mackenzie, Lucoa, will you be alright with that?"

For an Omega like Mackenzie and Lucoa, facing an Alpha also means that they're stepping into the tiger's den.

Lucoa chuckled and waved her hand gently before responding, "Oh dear~ I trust that Mr. Lim isn't forgetting something?"

Mr. Lim flinched. He completely forgot about how special their cases are. They wouldn't be here leading a big project if they were a normal Omega.

On one hand, Lucoa Azvameth is a dominant omega who controls alpha not by using her pheromones but with a fist. Even though she is an omega, all her life, she was raised like an alpha. That is why no one dares to mess with her. In any case, she has also been marked and bonded with an Alpha. So her pheromones and heat cycles are not a problem.

 On the other hand, with the help of Lucoa, Mackenzie Tatiana was labeled as a beta-omega in society. It's a case wherein an Omega can't smell and manifest pheromones like a beta. So it is not a problem.

Mackenzie can't get a job with a secondary gender of omega. Luckily, he met Lucoa and choose to trust her. Mackenzie told her his secret and Lucoa willingly helped him to be labeled as beta-omega.

"Well then, do your best."

Mr. Lim opened the door. And with confidence, they stepped inside.

He looked at the three representatives with a smile, yet it immediately faded away when a familiar face among the crowd was present. 

His mind went blank, and his hands were shaking. He can't hear the exchange of good mornings and the lively chattering of everyone. 

They are both staring at each other. The man looked at Mackenzie with longing as he muttered a name that Mackenzie buried along with those painful memories.

"Yuan?"

I decided to get crazy and bestowed our dear MC three names uwu. 

His birth name is Noah.

His nickname is Yuan.

And his new name is Mackenzie.

 

2