Chapter 1: Rebirth as a Villain
3.2k 16 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shen Yue is a college student studying engineering. He has a hobby of reading xianxia novels in his free time and has read most of the top novels in novel updates. Even if he found the typical protagonists annoying due to their arrogance and questionable moralities, they were better than weak 'beta' Japanese main characters who reminded him a little too much of himself.

Whenever he was bored in class or at home, he would daydream about being reincarnated as a mc in a xianxia world and gathering a harem after becoming op. This habit proved deadly as one day as he was crossing the street while daydreaming, he got hit by a truck and blacked out.

When he became conscious again, he found himself in some sort of a classroom. A red-haired woman in a blue dress seemed to be talking about something to the class. Some words like "glory city"…. "fighter, demon spiritist"….. caught his mind.

'Wait doesn't this sound familiar? Glory city, this is the name of city in "Tales of demons and gods". And this scene is the beginning of the story when the mc named Nie Li got reincarnated. Am I in a dream and right now I became the mc of the TDG? Wow, there is a girl sitting beside me and there is an orange haired young boy two rows behind me looking at her.'

'Wait, the mc is not supposed to be sitting beside any girl. Also, that boy looked familiar. Right, that face looks very similar to the mc in the TDG manga and this girl beside me looks like the main heroine Ye Zi Yun. OH MY GOD! ##!##!

'Does this mean I am her disgusting fiancé Shen Yue who is supposed to die later in the story. Why the hell am I dreaming as him? Is it because I have the same name as him? At least let me be a MC in my own dream. Not good, I must wake up so I can have a better dream'.

Shen Yue tried to pinch his thigh and arm to wake himself up but the pain felt too real. The girl beside him was looking at him with a weird look. 'Wait, this dream is too real. Let me try to enjoy even if I am a villain of the story'.

When the woman (supposedly his aunt in the story) started talking about how nobles are different from commoners and the commoners should accept their miserable fate, Nie Li spoke up. 'This is following the script quite well. For now, let's just wait and see'.

As Shen Yue expected, Nie Li went on to make a bet with 'his' aunt to reach Bronze Rank in the test in two months and was asked to stand behind the class with a group of his friends. When the class was over, Shen Yue went on to his home. Unsurprisingly, he gained some of the memories from previous Shen Yue, so he was able to find his way back. As he started to assimilate his host's memories, he remembered that he has an older brother who is engaged to Xiao Ninger and a father who oversees finances for the Sacred family. His father is favored to inherit the position of patriarch.

'Wait, if the story follows the script, my father would lose his position because of Nie Li's schemes, and my whole family would be annihilated because of betraying Glory City. If that happens, doesn't that mean I will die as well? But I just reincarnated, why should I die and become a stepping stone for the mc? I must think of a way to survive.'

Right, but where is my cheat item? Every reincarnator is supposed to come with an op chat item that can help him become strong. I hope I am not the only one without one. If something fantastical like reincarnation is possible, it isn't too much to ask for a cheat item, right? Let's wait and see for now.'

After a few days, Shen Yue adjusted to his life at the house of Sacred Family. His father would usually be busy and his brother was never at home so he had all the time to himself. He has also acquired all of his host's memories. In the afternoon, while he was looking at a cultivation book from his family's library, he found a weird sensation in his head. In front of his eyes, a holographic book appeared, "Cultivation: Bronze level", 120 faults. Just as he was confused as to what was happening, he finally laughed out loud.

'Haha this must be my cheat item. This look like the cheat item of mc from the most recent xianxia I read 'Library of Heaven's Path'. Wait, how can a cheat item from a different xianxia world be here? Anyways, it doesn't matter, as long as it helps.'

'From what I remember, this system works by collecting many different books on a technique or knowledge and then compiling the most correct version of the technique. Let's try finding all the different books on cultivation books relating to bronze level'.

Shen Yue found about 20 books and they were all recorded in his library. He merely had to turn the pages and they were automatically compiled in the Library of Heaven's Path. But turning the pages of 20 books took an hour. He then went to the academy's library to find more books that had to do with Bronze level. He found Nie Li and his group in the library. When they saw him come in, they quieted down and went upstairs.

'Right this is the time when Nie Li gathered his friends and gave advice on their cultivations. Later, he will be hunting some horned sheep using poison arrows with his friends to earn money. Wait, that's where he meets Xiao Ninger, the second heroine. Though Nie Li pretty much denied her feelings even though the girl practically gave out her heart for him. I always felt that if I were the mc, I would definitely have chosen Xiao Ninger instead of Yi Zi Yun.'

'Who cares about his past life, this girl had such deep feelings for him. Wait, I have an idea. I may have a chance to prevent their meeting from happening. According to the story, this should be where Ninger starts to develop feelings for MC when he treated her illness. I can go to the forest before the Nie Li to meet her.  But first, let me get all those books on cultivation to bronze level'

As soon as Shen Yue finished collecting all the bronze level books in the library, he went back home to cultivate. As expected, the Library compiled all the books into a complete book with no errors. This must be the perfect way to cultivate. As he looked into this book, it looked very clear and succinct, He started cultivating forgetting about lunch until the evening. Around the evening, he felt his soul force has risen up tremendously. He used a soul stone to test and indeed he was now at bronze rank. He felt very happy as this confirmed that his cheat item is very powerful. He then remembered about the forest and set out to find Xiao Ninger.

When Shen Yue reached the forest, he went around randomly to see if he could find the girl. After walking around the forest for about an hour, he finally found a beautiful girl with orange hair emitting a bright light as she seems to be cultivating. When he saw her in this state, he felt a reaction from the Library in his head, "Female, Below Bronze level. Arctic Disease. Symptons: Pain under feet while training soul force….".

58