Chapter 7: Making Plans
1.6k 0 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 7 Making Plans

After some consideration, Shen Yue decided to just directly seek out City Lord in an informal capacity. But to not raise suspicions, he told his family he is going to visit his fiancé Ye Zi Yun.

He set out alone to the City Lord's mansion. When he arrived, he was invited to the guest hall where he told the guard that he is here to visit Ye Zi Yun. He thought asking for an audience with the City Lord seems too official.

After a few minutes, Zi Yun came in the hall with a solemn face. While walking towards the hall, there were several thoughts going through her head. She has never completely accepted Shen Yue as his fiancé but she would not do anything to disappoint her father. If the family relationship helps her father protect the city, she is willing to go through with it. Although recently, she has gained a powerful cultivation technique from Nie Li so she might be able to help her father more by becoming a powerful cultivator. She secretly hoped her father would see her potential and depend on her instead of marrying her away.

Zi Yun has noticed Shen Yue's behavior change over the last few weeks. He used to pester her by always following her around but since over a month ago, he completely stopped doing it. She was glad of this change but also curious as to what brought it on. Also the other day she saw it when Ninger gave him red jade which symbolizes a girl's love. This made her really agitated. She has no feelings for him despite him being her fiancé but she couldn't understand how Ninger could like a guy like him. She wished she could go and ask her directly but her relationship with Ninger has been very cold.

"Shen Yue, what are you doing here?"

"Hi Zi Yun, can I talk to you for a while?"

"Yes, come in. I will walk you to the courtyard."

"Zi Yun, how are you doing? I have come today to ask a favor." Zi Yun was confused. What could he possibly want with her? She became a little vigilant thinking of his past behavior.

"Huh? What is it?"

"I want to seek an audience with your father. I want you to personally go and tell him directly. I need to talk to him about something very important. You can listen in too." 'I hope she does what I say and not question me further. This is the only way I could think of having access to City  Lord in an informal way.'

"What? Why do you need to meet my father?" Zi Yun thought he came here to see her and when he asked to speak to her father she was shocked. Even though she loved her father very much, she herself is careful around her father. She always worried she will disappoint him. Now that Shen Yue asked her to go fetch her father, if it wasn’t important, she would really be irritated.

"It's very important that I meet him. Please do me this favor. I know your father is very busy but I need to tell him this."

"Oh..Ok. I will go and check. Wait here." She left Shen Yue and went into the house. A few minutes later she came back.

"Father said to come into his office. Come, I'll lead you to him."

Shen Yue followed ZI Yun and arrived at the office of City Lord. The City Lord, Ye Zhong was sitting behind a big desk piled with books and papers. He looked tired, impatient and a little curious.

"Shen Yue pay respects to City Lord."

"Hello. Why do you look for me? Can you state the reason? I am a little busy." Ye Zhong was disgruntled. He was busy looking through documents for city supplies when his daughter came to interrupt to say young master from Sacred Family, Shen Yue has come to look for him.

Ye Zhong had met this young man and know him to be frivolous. He wasn’t exactly fond of the engagement that his father secured. At the time, it was only a political tool to stabilize the situation in Glory City. Unless it’s absolutely necessary, he didn’t plan to let her daughter marry this spoiled boy. If it's important business, why would Sacred Family send a little kid even if the kid is unofficially engaged to his daughter.

"My lord. I have important information that relates to the security of Glory City. Is this room secure enough? May I ask the lord to check the surroundings using your spiritual sense?" Actually, Shen Yue could sense it himself since he was already at the pinnacle of gold. But he chose to ask the lord to make him pay serious attention.

"Yes, it's safe. Speak." Ye Zhong was now very vigilant. Zi Yun also became alert.

"My lord, I have come to tell you about a few things I learned that may be very consequential. I believe my family is planning to betray Glory City." Shen Yue got straight to the point and let the sentence hang in the air.

Ye Zhong was shocked and Zi Yun stunned with her mouth open. The whole atmosphere became very tense.

"What have you learned? Tell me everything you know." Ye Zhong's authoritative voice sounded out after some time. Shen Yue could see the dignified authority in his posture. He is at least taking him seriously now.

42