Chapter 17: Leaving Glory City
1.6k 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He stayed at the mansion for a few days helping his mother with settling the family. He was also cultivating as much as he can in his spare time. During this time, he had a surprise visit from Xia Ninger.

Xia Ninger was very worried about his life as soon as she heard about the battle of the Sacred Family. She wanted to make sure he was okay and to help in any way she could. Although she had no good feelings towards the Sacred Family, Shen Yue had already occupied an important place in her heart.

She was able to free herself from her family’s arranged marriage with Sacred Family initially because of her rise in cultivation strength. Her father’s status in the clan had also risen dramatically as a result and she had fewer restrictions on her freedom now.  All of this was due to the help of Shen Yue and she was willing to do anything to return the favor.

“Brother Shen, are you really all right? You really didn’t go through any battle?”

“I am completely fine, Ninger. I am telling the truth.” Shen Yue said holding her in his arms. After Shen Yue responded to her feelings, they had already become comfortable speaking to each other in intimate terms.

Shen Yue had also already had the sensitive conversation with both her and Yang Xin about the other and able to convince them to accept each other to a degree. Yang Xin was easier to convince and felt that it is only proper for a young boy of his age to have a romantic partner of similar age. He had to take a long time to convince her he didn’t care for her any less because she was older. He was almost tempted to tell the truth of his mental age due to reincarnation but decided to wait until a later time. Xiao Ninger was reluctant at first as she wanted him all to herself but after meeting with Yang Xin, she seemed willing to accept it. He wasn’t sure what Yang Xin told her but decided not to pry at this time.

“I am glad you came to see me, Ninger. I will be busy with my family and will also be going out for a trip in a bit. It will be some time before I see you again.”

“Where are you going? I will also come with you.”

“Not this time, Ninger. I promise to bring you with me the next time I go.” Shen Yue was planning to take her with him to the disciple selection of the master of the Netherland Realm. Right now, he was still a little weak relatively so he decided to go out and train.

“I will remember your promise, Brother Shen. I will get stronger too so I can help you with your burdens.”

Ninger only left after he repeatedly assured her he will be okay and promised to let her know as soon as he got back.

According to storyline, Nie Li would also go out to train and meet spiritual god Yu Yan. He would then arrive at Blackrock City in the north and found out about Ye Han's plot with Wugui family to attack Glory city. But since Ye Han didn't get away because of Shen Yue's warning, the attack might not happen this time. There might be other unpredictable changes but Ye Zhong should be able to handle it with the beast array. As long as Glory City is standing, his mother and the rest of the family shouldn’t be in imminent danger. Shen Yue decided to head north after saying goodbye to his reluctant mother.

"Mother, I would like to go outside the city to train for a while. I want to set out tomorrow. I will come back soon." Shen Yue had become closer to his mother over the last few days. Her mother was a capable family head who took care of the household. He felt confident of her safety and her handling of family business.

His mother persuaded him to stay as she knew it can be very dangerous outside and her family didn’t have high level guards at the moment. She was eventually convinced after being told he wouldn’t stray too far away from the city.

When her own family had stopped responding to her letters, she knew the situation was very precarious. Her son had surprised her again and again the last few days. Especially with how he was able to become an alchemist master and gain the strong support of the Alchemist Guild. She knew without their help her family would have a hard time to continue surviving in Glory City. There were many noble families that will not hesitate to take advantage of their situation.

Shen Yue decided to also send a letter to Yang Xin as well. Since last week he hadn't shown his face to her home in fear of implicating her into public anger. She had come to see him repeatedly the last few days and he really appreciated her sticking with him the whole time. He managed to receive many high level pills to possibly trade for manuals he may come across in Black Rock City. He needed to grow stronger than to decide his own fate.

37