First fight 3
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

ROAR!!!

Snap!!!

Two sounds echoed in the eerie darkness of the forest. The first was an angered roar of a certain red serpent while the second was the sound of the unfortunate tree that had to suffer its fury.

Meanwhile, a terrified and smaller version of the said serpent was fleeing hurriedly to keep its little life.

"Oi cannibalism is bad you know not to mention I taste terrible and I'm made of milk. You'll die if you eat me!!"

"Look that tree has some nice fruit. Why don't you embrace a vegetarian lifestyle? I hear its healthy for you."

"Hey, you ugly, oversized bastard why are you still chasing me? It's because I'm cuter than you isn't it? Even two mothers couldn't love that ugly mug of yours."

His verbal assault stopped when he came to a dreadful realisation. He could see a large clearing in front of him. It was then that he finally noticed...the trees around him were slowly replaced with shrubbery and even further ahead the forest gave way to grassy a plain.

"Sh*t. Why didn't I notice this earlier? Can I change my direction now?"

He cast a glance behind and his eyes reflected a crimson coloured tail hurtling towards him at blinding speeds.

*Twack*

For the second time tonight, he was sent flying. His body landed with a heavy thud and rolled a few feet before coming to a stop. He forced himself to move despite obvious injury as he made an attempt to rush towards the cover of the forest. Hardly had he gotten there when an enormous head crashed into him thrusting him towards the open plains.

His body groaned. A wave of pain shot up from his right half and with a quick glance, he noticed his right claw hanging loosely. Its colossal body suddenly appeared before him before charging towards him at a speed incomparable to before.

He managed to dodge by a hair's breadth only to be slashed by a claw the size of his head. Azure scales scattered through the air along with a mist of blood. Yet another wound appeared on his body in the form of a puncture on his chest.

The giant snake whipped its head around to face him once more with a hint of ridicule appearing in its amber eyes. It brought the claw that had pierced him towards its mouth as its tongue flickered lapping up the blood stuck to it.

Its eyes lit up once more with surprise, delight and satisfaction. It was then Azra understood why the creature had chased prey that was significantly smaller than itself; prey that couldn't possibly provide any proper sustenance. Why it didn't hesitate or give up on hunting him even when the terrain was a disadvantage to it- his blood. It was after his blood. To be more specific, the dragonic bloodline coursing through his veins.

"Damn it." Azra cursed.

He figured it was only a matter of time before something like this happened but it came sooner than expected. Azra gave up on running, not that he could anyway he was too injured. Besides even in his best state he doubted he could outrun the absolute monster that had hounded him.

He turned to face his for glaring at it with all the animosity he could muster.

*Kisshiishii*

The gigantic serpent seemingly laughed at his feeble efforts. He steeled himself, ready for the next wave of attacks. The slithern opened its mouth and fiery sparks erupted from within. This scene felt oddly familiar, then it clicked he hurriedly moved out of the way moments later a torrent of orange shot forth from the serpent's mouth- Dragon's breath.

The shot was aimed not at him but behind him, it soon became a wall of flames sealing off any hopes of escape. The giant slithern sped toward him convinced of victory. Before Azra could respond a claw had already had his body in a firm grasp lifting him ever closer to its cavernous mouth.

The serpent abruptly stopped as a single pebble dropped into its wide-open maw. The creature jolted in discomfort as more and more random items saw their way to the back of its throat seemingly out of nowhere. This was, of course, Azra's doing. A ripple spread out as the space leading to his inventory opened up dumping its contents into the unlucky creature's gullet.

A coughing fit erupted as its body tried to remove the foreign material. Azra felt its grip loosen and squirmed his way out. He urged his broken body into the cover of a nearby bush and hid observing from afar.

After trying, and failing, to remove the blockage with its claws, it tried instead to burn it. This only served to worsen its suffering as the smoke generated choked it even more. Desperate the supersized snake wildly thrashed its body around with its mouth open in hopes this would dislodge the offensive materials. It worked...but a bit too late.

Its eyes slowly lost the glimmer of life and its wild thrashing eventually came to a halt. Minutes later Azra emerged from hiding and wearily approached. He picked up a small pebble with his uninjured claw and tossed it at the supposed corpse- nothing. He went closer still cautious but there was still no movement, it was dead. Abruptly, fatigue washed over him and with a blurring vision he somehow managed to store the massive carcass in his inventory; then the world faded to black

0