Opening the Board (Part 5)
73 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The area in front of them was a circle of closely clumped bushes and trees. In the center lies an archway of vines whose threshold is marked by a well-traveled dirt path. The vines from the archway almost meld the mixture of trees and brush into a solid structure. 

 

“The Seer awaits you, human. They will tell you everything you need to know in order to accomplish your task, as is their destiny, as is their curse.” The Crow nudged X in the direction of the dirt pathway with its head. “When you exit I will return you to your companions.”

 

X stumbled towards the dirt path after being nudged by the large bird. He took an apprehensive step towards the archway and waited for a second at the threshold.

 

A raspy feminine voice calls out from the entryway. “No need to wait for an invitation, all that end up here are supposed to be here. As such they are welcome within this hallowed place.”

 

Upon entering the space X realizes that the only light in the room was coming from the entrance. In front of him was a being that seemed to be made of gnarled root and vines sitting with crossed legs. It almost appeared to be in meditation.

 

“I am the Seer. Cursed to know, and blessed to only share enough. Speak what it is that you seek, for that is the cost to know.” The Seer opens their eyes to reveal their red glow.

 

The Seer’s presence weighed heavy in the room. This was its domain.

 

“I need to know how to accomplish the task I have been given. I must return the people I have caused to be trapped here.” X sat in front of the Seer mimicking its posture. 

 

“The task itself isn’t difficult.” The Seer closes their eyes and becomes silent. After a few seconds, their eyes open and are now glowing blue. “Yes, the task won’t be difficult. However, there are many obstacles you must overcome to even get to the Tree of the Garden. In its full nature, this is impossible for you as you are now.” 

 

X lowered his head. “You mean to tell me that I won’t be able to get them back?”

 

“Your question is not one that I am allowed to answer. What you seek is not in this realm, and has nothing to do with the task in front of you. As to how you will obtain the fruit, you must tap into a potential known only to you. If you can achieve your full potential your path will lead you to achieve both your goal and this task.” It reaches out a hand over X’s chest. “You can start walking down this path now if you are ready.”

 

“I don’t think I will ever be more ready than I am now.” X gives a solemn nod.

 

“Then may the world itself be on your side.” The blue light from its eyes pulse and then through its body and a circle of blue energy starts to form in front of X’s chest. 

Symbols form across the circle making it into an intricate sigil. The blue energy rushes through the sigil and into X’s chest. The blue energy visible underneath his skin begins to move up to his head, and his eyes glow blue. Finally, the energy flows back out of his body into the Seer once more.

 

*System Alert*

 

Your class has been selected. 

 

CONGRATULATIONS

 

You have been awakened as The Strategist Class

 

“What?” X was in disbelief. ‘Did some accident happen earlier to cause me to make all of this up? System Alert? What the hell is going on?’ “I don’t understand. What did you do to me?”

 

X was expecting the Seer to respond, however, there was nothing there. He was the only one in the room, and there was no trace of anyone else. 

 

*System Alert*

 

Unplaced stat points detected.

Would you like to place them now?

 

<Yes / No>

 

“Stat points? Am I in a video game or something?” He stared blankly at the system notification wondering what would happen. “Yes.” 

 

Upon saying yes a menu popped up with what appeared to be an outline of his body on it. 

 

Name: XIA Snider __________________________HP: 10

Class: Strategist  __________________________MP:  0

Level 0 ____________________________________ST:  5

EXP 0/50 

(?)Hint

Durability __________  1 +

Strength  ___________ 1 +

Dexterity _________ 1 +

Wisdom _________  1 +

Intelligence _______ 5 +

Luck_____________ ? +

Durability - Governs how much health you possess and general physical toughness.

Strength - Governs how physically strong one is. It also expresses physique and muscle structure. 

Dexterity - Governs physical speed, reaction time, agility, and flexibility.

Wisdom - Governs the ability to comprehend Mana and the ability to grow with experience and impart that upon others.

Intelligence - The flexibility of the mind, the power of the mind, and the processing speed of the mind.

Luck - Dumb luck.

 

‘Why are my stats trash!? I guess I need to start building them. Wait how do I get EXP and Level Up?’ Suddenly another message overlaid on top of the screen he was currently on. 

 

*System Alert*

 

Helpful tip

When fighting enemies it is advised that this class utilizes allies. This is due to the non-combat nature of this class.

X thought for a bit longer and came to a conclusion about where he would place his stat point. ‘Since I am pretty bad at everything else stat-wise maybe I should put a point in Durability.’ A strange tingling sensation surges through his body, almost as if X was being shocked by a small amount of electricity.  “What the heck was that?!” The feeling startled X to the point he fell over. ‘Maybe I’m just a bit in over my head.’ He stands up and walks out of the tree hutch. Upon seeing the crow again there was a system message over its head.

 

Name: ??? (Crow)

Hp ??? 

Lvl: ???

 

‘I guess My own level is too low to actually see any information about it.’ As he walks back to the Crow he asks, “Can you take me back to the hill so I can talk with the others about this task?” 

 

“We will be there before you know it.” With that, he launches into the air and swoops by X carrying him into the sky.

5