Chapter 2
135 6 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Early in the morning yang Chen got up and went to the bathroom and got ready for school as he lived about 45 minutes away on the bus so he had to hurry up after he was done he got his scattered textbooks laying on his metal desk Yang Chen went to the bus stop and waited.

Nobody these days takes the bus because most of the students live in the dorms but Yang Chen didn’t like the idea of spending his time in a cramped room with 2 other dudes that he didn’t know so he just opted out.

After he got to the school nothing really happened other than the random stare but that was natural at this point, Yang Chen didn’t know the reason why they looked at him differently but he could guess it was because of him being poor and them being rich.

“Yang Chen,” Tao Aiko coyishly said, “are you ok Makoku’s robot beat you up pretty bad”.

“Oh my god, not this woman my day was bad enough now she has to leach on me,” Yang Chen thought internally.

“Oh come on, don't be like that,” Tao said as she heard what Yang Chen thought.

“If you know what I'm thinking then why don’t you give me some space” Yang then replied with clear annoyance.

“You have one of the hottest girls in the entire school seeing if you're ok and you want me to leave, that’s not very nice” Tao snarkily said.

“It doesn’t matter if it's mean or not it doesn’t change the fact that you aren’t a holy saint therefore you shouldn’t try to be one” Yang Chen replied in a prickly mood.

As neither of them were having it they both just walked away to their next classes and while Yang Chen was walking to his first-period class he noticed several students whispering about him in a way that you could tell they were trying to be sneaky but it was obvious.

He didn’t know what they were talking about but not known to him he just pissed off every male in the school at least the ones that already weren’t annoyed with a poor person being in a prestigious school like the Chinese institute of robotics and metallurgy.

The school day was anything other than fun. He was already above most of the people in his classes, because he read books like they were nothing, and was his favorite thing to do other than making and building robots.

So he got straight A's, he thought it was pretty funny at the beginning of the school all the teachers thought he was cheating from how good his grades were but just laughed them out the room because they couldn’t prove it nor could he believe there were such people who just lived to make other peoples day horrible.

So the day passed quickly and Yang Chen back to his house he went to the garage or his “workshop” where he repairs broken robots he gets from people who don't want to pay that much money but also wanted some repairs although his business was very desolate and nobody showed up after a year he built a customer base of around 100 people.

During the time he repairs the robots he gets he listens to an audio version of his school textbooks about electric work which was his weakest point occasionally he listened to books on how to assemble robots compactly but that was rare as he also was a weak point, his strongest point was Metallurgy.

After he was done texting the owner of telling him a good time to meet to give back his robot he texted back agreeing to the date and the time that they talked about and he just went to a sushi restaurant to eat dinner and after he was done he went home and went to sleep.

After Yang Chen woke up he looked at the clock and noticed that he woke up an hour earlier than he usually would so he would go and do something like repairs or reading but this day he couldn’t get up so he just laid there for 30 minutes.

During those 30 minutes, Yang Chen thought about his past. His father was the owner of a small company that did repairs for local the Roboticon battles he was very successful until a 3rd-star ranker came and demanded that he got his robot repaired and when his father declined because nobody was skilled enough to repair it the ranker got furious and threatened to shut down his company.

It was only a week later even the most loyal patrons of the company started to steer away from the family business while this was weird it wasn’t major so he just ignored it, however, it was when more and more people started to leave that Yang Chen's father started to realize that something was wrong but there was nothing that he could do and after 6 months nobody came and the company was forced into bankruptcy.

After Yang Chen's father filed for bankruptcy he sold the building and it only became worse and worse from there, he became an alcoholic and spent most of his time in the bars and pubs. It was only after then that Yang Chen's mother left both of them and disappeared. However, her disappearance was only for a month or 2 as when she reappeared she was in the arms of a very similar man.

This was the piece of straw that broke the camel's back and Yang Chen's father was found dead presumably from suicide, Yang Chen only found out who that Ranker was years later it was the oldest child of the Dayeen family.

Shaking from the memory Yang Chen jerked up and got ready for school not wanting to remember that for even 1 more second, while he was getting up you could tell that a tear was flowing down his face.

After he got on the bus he just put his head into his lap until the bus got to the school, and when it did he got off and instead of going to his Metallurgy class he went to the huge auditorium because of the field trip to the Smeltery plant near the school.

There wasn’t a reason for them to go to the auditorium other than a bother, so after they discussed the basic rules and other basic things the teachers corralled the students into busses that already were assigned.

There wasn’t much to say about the drive there other than the boring view, it got better when we left the city for MT. Ploe but the real view was when we got to the smelting plant, Opposite to what Yang Chen thought there were Sakura trees and other flowers here and he thought this was a joke as he saw nothing that looked like a Smeltery.

And only believed he was there when the driver said we are here everyone looked dumbfounded at the driver and looked like he was an idiot for a while until the teacher said “come on, everyone out”.

Everyone hustled out of the bus to see a man covered in soot in had something that looked like a cooking apron on along with a belt with tools in it on his waist everyone looked in surprise until the man yelled “Come on, Time is money, hurry up, follow me”.

“Ok, some rules when you enter the smeltery don't touch anything with anything you want to keep, on the off chance that one of you loses something like a finger or toe then we don’t care,” the man said while walking in front of everyone.

Everyone split into groups to see each place in order The Smeltery which smelts the metal, The purifier which purifies the metal, and the Forger which can be programmed to shape metal into anything which is programmed. There were other machines that the other students went to but Yang Chen couldn’t hear over the students so he could guess what they were but didn’t know for sure.

When Yang Chen’s group got to The Main Smeltery that can melt pretty much everything compared to the smaller-sized smelters dotted around the plant the instructor of the tour was talking.

Boom!!!!.

A very loud sound exploded out above the students and before Yang Chen could even look around after getting on his knees because his ears hurt a loud bang as a very large piece of metal hit the ground Yang Chen only felt some pressure on his back before falling asleep from the pain.

1