Chapter 5
73 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hmm, they must think that I am here for revenge,” Yang Chen thought ”there isn’t anything I can use against them so I'll just threaten them”.

“Give up the command of this city, or I'll flatten the entire it”.

“What the hell, why is this man here,” The mayor thought.

“Great venerable, I plead you please think this through” The mayor pleaded with Yang Chen.

“Are you going to give up the city or not?” Yang Chen said while trying to sound threatening, while also simultaneously thinking “Please buy the buff, if he doesn’t then I might be screwed”.

“Don’t think you can bully Shock Iron city so easily, however, there is still time to reconsider your actions” The mayor said with confidence “Just leave 15 of those golems then we can be friends”.

“What is your name?” Yang Chen indifferently replied.

“Is he going to give up?” The mayor Thought “My name is Chongji long”.

“Ok, Chongji you have 3 seconds to get out of the city or you die”.

“You bastard, Fire the arrows and destroy those golems” Chongji furiously roared.

The sound of the archers on the wall notching their arrows was terrifying and while these were poorly trained and equipped but to Yang Chen was even more scared than when he was running from those spiders as he never fought anyone like this.

The time took for the archers to nock an arrow and fire was fairly slow but Yang Chen knew that if even one of those hit him in the wrong spot then he would die, even if Odala or one of the other robots tried to save him, so he ran behind Odala and told most of them to advance while keeping only 2 behind, being Odala and another robot.

Because he could neither lose his life or Odala's life he retreated behind the rocks along the path to the main gate, after Yang Chen got behind the rocks he looked at how his troops were doing, and to his surprise, they haven’t been even one casualty, and they were even climbing the tall grey stone walls that surrounded the city.

After a minute Yang Chen was even more shocked as most of the archers were killed, even Yang Chen could see that the speed was due to the lack of training as there wasn’t even a single person protecting the archers and the men that were trying to get to the front to protect them were getting trampled by the panicked Archers.

Seeing this Chongji screamed in terror with a mix of rage ”WAIT, stop I surrender” Chongji didn’t want to surrender but everyone would end up dead then he would lose the foundation that he spent 20 Years building and to him, that is a fate worse than death.

“Put down your weapons and get on the ground” The robots all said in unison.

They all looked at their leader with looks of confusion and pain “Do it, hurry up” Chongji said in a hurried tone.

Not long after Chongji said to put their weapons down they did and got on the ground “All alright all of you leave the city and don't come back” Yang Chen said with no hurry and full of indifference as if he won a thousand battles just like it, this of course was not true though but Yang Chen tried his hardest to make it seem like that it was true.

“Wha, Great venerable even with these mighty golems there isn’t a way to protect the citizens or maintain order” Chongji long said with confidence.

“Leave within 10 breaths or die, also take off all your armor and weapons” Yang Chen ruthlessly replied.

“What, please let us at least take some armor and weapons or we won't live a week out there in the forest”.

“Fine, you can take 20 sets of armor and weapons,” Yang Chen said after some thought.

“Thank you, Great Venerable,” Chongji long said in joy.

After all the soldiers were no longer visible Yang Chen let out a very long and hard sigh of relief as this was his first real battle outside of hunting squirrels or deer, Yang Chen then began thinking about what he should do next.

“Odala, how many new battle robots can we produce” Yang Chen.

[Your Majesty, with all due respect but we can’t make any as we don't have the necessary infrastructure to do it and I also don’t know how much materials we have, not to mention that we need power for them to last].

“True speaking of, how much longer can the current robots last with the power they have and how long will you last”.

[The Robots can last another 3 days while I am self-sustaining as long as it doesn’t take that much energy].

“Alright let's go to the warehouse” Yang Chen sighed in defeat.

Looking down the main avenue that runs through town Yang Chen noticed that there aren't any people.

“Sure there aren't that many people but by the size of this town there should be at least 40,000 people and that’s a conservative estimate,” Yang Chen thought before walking up to a house and knocking on the door.

Bang Bang Bang Bang.

“Hello, does anyone in there know where the warehouse is” Yang Chen “Hello, is anyone there”.

“Please don’t hurt us” A high pitched scream came inside and it seemed like it came from a child.

“What, what's wrong?” Yang Chen thought just before looking over at the walls and after seeing the blood and detached limbs “oh, that's why”.

“Miss I won’t hurt you so can you tell me where the warehouse is”.

“It's the longhouse by the Mayor’s manor on the right” a more mature voice sounded out.

“Hmm must be the mom,” Yang Chen thought “thank you”.

While walking down the avenue Yang Chen could see people looking out their windows and without fail whenever Yang Chen looked at them they would shut the blinds.

After getting to the longhouse Yang Chen told Odala to send in a robot to see if it really was the warehouse, Yang Chen may be an amateur in leading an army but he still wasn’t an idiot.

When Odala said that it was clear all the robots followed Odala and Yang Chen into the warehouse, “Odala based on the materials in this building how many robots can we build”.

[calculating….. 240 high-grade level 1 battle robots, 120 high-grade level 1 gunner robots, 20 high-grade level 1 artillery robots, 400 High-Grade Level 2 robots, and a 1 low-grade level 2 robot].

“That's enough, how long will it take to start production ”.

[it will take about 3 days to make the necessary plant for the robots to be built and for the power less than a day].

“Before you begin the construction, bring all of the civilians to the Townsquare after I am done talking to them, begin the construction”.

[Yes your Majesty].

1 hour later.

The people were all corralled into the Townsquare, somewhere forced to come others complied and for those who didn’t go willingly didn’t have a good time.

Yang Chen was on a platform overlooking the Townsquare, when he looked at the people below he could tell that they were terrified that they would kill their children, mothers, and wives, so they all stood there in suspense.

“Everyone, as you all probably know, I have taken over this town which means you all are part of the Steel Empire, therefore you must live with the rules of the steel empire”.

At the words of this strange man flanked by 2 dozen magical golems, everyone could only accept their new leader, and that was only because of those magical golems without them they would kill him for taking away their sons, fathers, and husbands from the bloody battle on the grey stone town wall, and unbeknownst to Yang Chen, those robots would cost more than 3 of this entire town combined.

“Basically the same rules as set by the previous, but also understand that if and when it is needed I will change, or make new laws as I see fit”.

“You also will not be able to leave the town for 1 week, that is all you may leave”.

Hearing this most of the people’s expressions paled as hunting was the main source of food for the town, but how would they refute his words.

“What that’s bullshit if we can’t go out to hunt then how would we eat” a cry came from the crowd and everyone's expressions paled but no one knew where that cry came from.

“You are lucky I don’t know who said that however food will be handed out starting tomorrow and will be handed out 3 times a day as for today you will have to figure it out yourselves”.

3 days later.

“Odala is the production available to start”.

[Yes your Majesty the production is available].

“Alright, begin the production of 20 builder robots, 40 Gunner robots, and 80 battle robots, and 3 artillery robots”.

[but your majesty we don’t have the ammo or the necessary infrastructure for making ammo for the gunner and artillery robots].

“Can we make the necessary infrastructure”?

[Not yes we are lacking 1,000 units of iron and 20 units of Spirit stone, we also barely have enough resources to make the ammo if we did have the necessary buildings, so for a reliable supply of ammo then we will need another 2 thousand iron on top of the 1 thousand].

“Then we will just take over another town and use their resources, besides it doesn’t matter if they won't be taking any energy up”.

Meanwhile in the Black Heart mountains south of Shock Iron town

“Hey bandit, let me see your boss”

“Hmm, who are you” The so-called bandit replied in an outlook tower on top of a wall made of shaved trees

“Chongji long the townlord from the Shock Iron town,” Chongji said with regret he didn’t want to deal with these bandits but they were the only way he was going to get back his town

“Cho… wait a minute, Why are you here” the bandit proceed to blow a horn from an animal

The gate opened after a couple of minutes and swarms of men shot out to their surprise there was only one person there

“Hey you fuck, I was sleeping did you have to wake all of us up for one person”

“HE IS Chongji long the town lord of Shock Iron town” the bandit retorted

Boom bang boom bang boom bang

Loud foot steep like sounds boomed out

“Hehehe We struck it rich today boys”

“YEAHHH” the cheers from the men sounded out

It was only now that Chongji knew that those bandits only looked at him like he was a piece of meat.

“I can give you the damaged remains of 25 Magical battle golems and the remains of a high-grade commander golem if you help me”

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you slip and hit a rock on your way here, a town lord like you doesn’t have even a single remain of a magical golem” the bandits started to mock him and even began to wonder if he really was who he said he was

“Let him in, I want to hear more,” The big bandit said

“Sure Commander Gu Ge Bon,” The bandits said with a knowing smile, they weren’t letting him inside to hear him out they would just peel the remains of the golems off his corpse

1