Chapter 7
67 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Odala, how much gold is left,” Yang Chen said as he was thinking about going to the merchants.

[your majesty, there are only 1,000 cold coins left].

“Ok that's enough, who are the biggest 3 merchants in the town that can sell iron?” Yang Chen asked Odala.

[I'm sorry your majesty but there is only 1 person that sells iron] Odala said in a toneless voice.

“Ok, let's go,” Yang Chen said after deciding he needed more iron for more robots.

After Yang Chen got out of the building he thought about how he hasn’t even been out to see all of the town, so when he got out and saw that there were multiple huge buildings that he didn’t see before he was surprised because these buildings were very big pagodas with bodyguards throughout them.

[Your Majesty, the merchant is in the building ahead].

“The big one”.

[Yes].

Pulling Odala aside the road and past some people into the alleyway “Other than iron what does he sell” Yang Chen asked because he wanted to know what he was dealing with.

[Your Majesty, he sells multiple different ores and stones, he also sells weapons and information so anything even people].

“Slaves”.

[Yes but he also does bodyguards, assassins, and other types of people at a price].

“Ok, let's go”.

5 minutes later Yang Chen finally made it to the giant red and golden pagoda, with dragons swirling around the edges.

Walking into the building Yang Chen could see hundreds of people buying stuff at different sections like armor, weapons, or materials, there even was a board of jobs that people could pick for a reward. Yang Chen couldn’t believe it, back on earth this wasn’t possible.

Walking up to the board of jobs Yang Chen could see things from getting something from a store to clearing out a group of bandits.

Yang Chen could see that the jobs that were clearing bandits were on a different board and they paid up to 100 times more than even the highest paying job on the other board, not only the jobs paid more but they were funded by the town.

“Whatever, I have no use for gold right now so I will hold off on clearing bandits,” Yang Chen said as it only paid 700 silver and it would be no use as the job was probably given by Chongji.

Yang Chen then looked around for a clerk or a person he could ask to see the merchant, after he found one he walked up to the tall man who was wearing a uniform that all the people that worked here wore.

“Hey you, take me to the merchant who runs this place,” Yang Chen said to the tall man, even Yang Chen thought that he should have worded it differently but he didn’t know how as he never needed to.

“Sir, Cambrard cant be met by anyone, state your name” The Tall man curtly said.

“Yang Chen the new town lord” Yang Chen replied with the same amount of disrespect that the tall man gave him.

The tall man instantly regretted what he said but he didn’t really think that Yang Chen would be able to touch him as he is in the employment of Sir Cambrard, however, he wasn’t stupid enough to keep going and be disrespectful.

“I'm sorry for my disrespectful words, please come with me,” The tall man said, but it was obviously just going through the motion and didn’t fully mean it, however, Yang Chen didn’t understand that is what he was doing so he just followed him to a room.

“Please wait here will I go and get Sir Cambrard,” The tall man said.

About 5 minutes later in the top level of the Pagoda.

Knock, knock, knock.

“Sir Cambrard please come out,” The tall man said with some urgency.

After a couple of seconds a fat grotesque man with black hair growing all over his fat and with warts all over opened the door, even the tall man who was pretty loyal to him fought the urge to puke whenever he sees him naked.

“Sir, Yang Chen has come and has requested to see you,” The tall man said with a very disgusted face.

“The new town lord, what does he want, did he bring any of those golems,” Cambrard asked multiple questions in succession without letting the tall man answer any questions.

“Tell him I will be there in 10 minutes,” Cambrard said, running to the back of the room.

Back at the room, Yang Chen was left in, Yang Chen could tell that this was a room that very important people.

After about 8 minutes Cambrard came through the door and greeted Yang Chen before sitting down, “so what are you here for, town lord” Cambrard said with some hesitation in his voice.

“Sir Cambrard, I only wish to buy 10,000 units of iron, 200 units of spirit stone, and some information”.

“With all due respect, what is a unit?” Sir Cambrard said in both confusion in what a unit is and that Yang Chen only wanted to buy something and not do something worse.

“A unit is 10 pounds, it is a measurement from my home country that is used for bigger amounts of things” Yang Chen lied, while a unit is 10 pounds his home country didn’t use it.

“Hmm, yes that makes sense, the amount of iron will be 5 gold and 500 silvers, the spirit stone will be 200 gold and 500 silvers while the information will be priced on what you want to know,” Cambrard said will writing down some math on a piece of paper, he also got more confident because Yang Chen just wanted to do business.

“Why is the spirit stone so expensive,” Yang Chen asked Cambrard.

“The spirit stone is more expensive because most of it is being rerouted to the military because of a border conflict between the Heavenly dragon empire and the state of Fire, also the amount of spirit stone around here in the state of fire is very little”.

Yang Chen was very happy when he heard of where he is and the important things that were happening right now, but that just meant that he had to pay less for the information he wanted.

“Why is there less spirit stone in the state of fire?” Yang Chen asked in concern because he needed that for powering the robots and building important buildings like the ammo prediction facilities.

“There isn’t that much spirit stone because there just aren’t that many veins of it, there just simply isn’t enough power for them to form because there are more fire stones”.

“What are fire stones,” Yang Chen asked.

“Firestones are spirit stones but with the fire element, because there are a lot of volcanoes in the state of fire there is a lot of spirit stones”.

“Alright, how much will 10 uni- no 100 pounds of fire stones cost,” Yang Chen said correcting himself from units to pounds for simplicity.

“100 pounds of Firestone will cost 10 silver and 500 coppers, also what information do you want”.

“I want to know what is the weakest main city in the area, how many soldiers they have, and any weak points,” Yang Chen said solemnly, as to what he wanted to know Odala advised him on that.

“That is going to be very expensive, those are people that nobody can afford to offend” Cambrard replied in a very serious manner.

“How much will it cost” Yang Chen understood that he wouldn’t stick his neck out for him when this is the first time meeting so he expected an outrageous cost.

“1,000 gold on top of the 206 gold, 10 silver, and 500 coppers” Cambrard replied.

“That isn't as bad as I thought it would be” Yang Chen inwardly thought “alright I'll pay for it all when will it be done”.

“The iron, spirit, and fire stones will be done in a couple of hours while the information you requested will be done in 4 days to a week”.

“Ok here is 250 gold for the materials you can keep the rest too,” Yang Chen told Cambrard he only gave him more because he wanted to be on this merchant's good side.

“Thank you,” Cambrard said with gratitude.

After Yang Chen left he went straight to the town hall while thinking about the number of new robots he will be able to get on top of the information that he would be getting.

“Odala after the iron and spirit stone gets here make 500 combat robots, 500 gunner robots, and 200 artillery robots with the necessary energy and ammo production facilities, also experiment what we could do with the Firestone will be of use whether it be in ammo or for robots I want to know,” Yang Chen told while being very excited.

1