Chapter 9
43 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Boom Boom Boom.

The sounds of shells were deafening and dozens of bandits were being killed but the explosions and shrapnel every minute.

The bandits didn't even know where they came from but soon saw the smoke coming from the tall metal obelisk looking things so that's where they rushed, however, the people that were rushing were the experienced bandits with years of fighting experience the newer bandits were still in shock from the explosions and didn't even know what to do.

Eventually, the explosions stopped for a few seconds and the newer bandits looked at where the more experienced bandits were rushing and followed suit, but, push only lasted for a minute before the second round of shelling started.

Already terrified of the mysterious thing that made a sound equivalent to thunder and with the power of lightning, the bandits started to break and retreat, during the retreat the shelling continued without cease this time killing hundreds more than the first time.

“Odala, should we chase them with the combat robots or not,” Yang Chen asked his robotic assistant with pity as he looked at the one-sided slaughter.

[It would be possible, however, I recommend that we use the gunner robots and combat robots for hit and runs] Odala replied confidently to Yang Chen’s question.

“Then that's what we will do, however, don't kill the leader if you can because I would like the information from him,” Yang Chen said before leaving back to his manor.

After Odala sent the command for the robots to use the hit and run strategy they quickly jumped off the side walls in droves where the retreating bandits wouldn't see them.

After a couple of minutes the bandits running for their lives, they started to slow down as they have wounded people and they are running out of stamina, but mostly because they believe they are out of range from the artillery robots.

“What the flying fuck was that,” Gu Ge Bon said in rage while punching small trees out of the ground, everyone saw this and just thought he needed to vent his anger on something and they were glad it wasn’t them

“Gu Ge Bon, calm down” Shisu Said in a pained voice

“Calm the hell down, if anyone should be mad it would be you, I mean you lost an arm” Gu Ge Bon Angrily bellowed

“My losing an arm is none of your business, what we should be doing is going back to are base them back to the Dragon Rend Theocracy and come back with an elite Dragon God division” Shisu snarkily replied to Gu Ge Bon’s anger, while the two leaders were bickering a team of combat robots was sneaking up to them

“Hahaha, that won't ever happen-”

Slice

Gu Ge Bons arm came clean off immediately Gu Ge Bon grabbed his war hammer and swing at the robot while Shisu took out his dagger and short sword preparing to stab the robot in the neck, unfortunately for them, only Shisu’s stab was fast enough to graze the robot's neck before another robot locked his sword with Shisu and then they both jumped back as hard as they could into the forest to getaway.

Back at Shock iron town odala got the information that the two leaders were at the level 1-3 and that they have a connection to the Dragon Rend theocracy, so he took over one of the robots that were protecting Yang Chen and told him about it

“Hmm, keep those two alive at all costs after you kill all the other bandits, bring them back and interrogate them,” Yang Chen thought aloud

[yes, of course, your highness]

After a few minutes, all the robots had surrounded the bandits all the while the bandits were retreating faster than before, but they still didn't know that they were not out of danger so the robots were easily able to surround the bandits without them knowing.

Soon the bandits got to an old and broken down bridge that they would have to pass or they would be forced to take a day's detour through the forest to another bridge however that bridge was run but by the empire that they have been raiding so that was a no go for them.

As everyone was running across the bridge and nothing happened the bandits fell to the ground and gasped for air because they have never been that terrified even when they faced the living mountains they were more composed than that.

Because most of the bandits were across the bridge they all thought that they were safe so they got the carts that they brought across the bridge.

Boom Boom

Two ear ringing explosions sounded out and caused tremors across the whole mountain, the bridge had been annihilated and the carts had been vaporized, even some of the bandits on the other side of the bridge had been killed will everyone had blood coming out of their ears, the only people that were not deaf were the two leaders and the lucky people who were the farthest away.

The two leaders' expressions fell not because of the carts with the supplies being destroyed because those supplies could be bought or stolen back but from the fact that there was a whole legion of robots climbing up the cliffs or jumping down the mountain.

They both understood that they had been surrounded and there was no escape so they tried to organize a defensive but because mostly everyone was deafened they just tried to run past all the robots.

In mere moments everyone except the leaders and 20 or so other people were dead

[Put down your weapons and surrender, or we will kill you all] A cold metallic voice that sounded like two rusty swords scraping together announced to the terrified bandits

The ordinary bandits immediately did as they were told while the more veteran bandits took a couple of seconds to think about it and then did it. In 15 seconds the only people standing were the two leaders.

Shisu looked around him and then glanced at his stub of an arm and grasped it before dropping his short sword and surrendering, leaving only Gu Ge Bon who had not surrendered yet.

“Shisu you coward” Gu Ge Bon roared very furiously before trying to smash him into meat paste with his giant war axe but was interrupted by the robots slicing his other arm and a leg off

The giant war axe flew out of his hand because of the weird angle Gu Ge Bon was striking from and hit one of the bandits in the head instantly killing him. Gu Ge Bon had already passed out from shock and pain so one of the robots hit Shisu over the head and knocked him cleanout.

After the robots did first aid on the two leaders while it was terrible it was better than bleeding out the robots watching the bandits started slicing their heads off, only 1 bandit was able to damage a robot by chopping its head off, sadly for him the robot did not need a head nor was he able to dodge the other robots attacks.

The robots didn't even bother cleaning up the bodies and just took the two leaders and left.

About 12 hours later thousands of soldiers and knights were marching straight towards the bridge before the scouts of the legions came back and reported to the leaders of the military division of what they saw. So a senior knight ran off to say that he will tell the commander about it.

Right before entering the tent the senor knight kneeled in front of the entrance of the tent and said “Your Ladyship Yun Hailan, there is a large battlefield 5 miles ahead full of the corpsed of the people believed to of either ransacking or taking over Shock iron town”.

yeah remember when I said that my posting schedule would be better... yeah that was a lie. I guess you could say Spanish class happened and my Spanish teacher is a quantity type of person, not a quality type. so I'm not going to lie this time there probably won't be another chapter coming out till May 24 at the least (also I'm a little rusty so yeah)

1