Chapter 10
38 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oh really, how many people were dead on the battlefield” Yun Hailan’s voice was full of indifference and arrogance that made even the senior knight scoff lightly in his head.

“Your ladyship, from the estimates, that the scouts took there was around 400 bodies” the senor knight replied quickly to Yun Hailan’s question

“Ok, then let's go and see if they are the bandits that we are chasing or not,” Yun Hailan said while walking out of the tent. Even though everyone thought Hailan was arrogant beyond belief they all still think that she is one the best-looking females in the capital if not the empire, only second to the empress to some however because nobody has seen the empress for a long time more and more people are thinking that she is the most beautiful woman in the empire.

Soon all the knights and soldiers bagged all the tents and set off in rows with the Caverly on the sides and a carriage in the middle of the entire army, this was obviously Yun Hailans carriage. In the carriage Yun Hailan was talking to a middle-aged man, by the look of the armor alone it could be said that the man was even more important than Yun Hailan.

The man's armor was dawned with gold and black bronze streaking across the entire set, but on his back, there was a black and red crest of a golden phoenix. On the left and right of the man, there was one female and male with similarly looking amour but they weren't even half as majestic as the man, and the male had a massive scar down his face

“With all due respect but why are you here?” Yun Hailan said in a respectful tone even though what she said was incredibly rude to say and the two knights flanking the man started to sweat. After 30 seconds of silence, even Yun Hailan was starting to sweat as if she said something that she shouldn’t have.

“I'm sorry if that came out as disrespectful, it wasn't my intention,” Yun Hailan said with even more respect than before.
“You don’t have to lie, the day you apologize to someone that isn't his majesty is the day we all die,” The man said in a light chuckle seeming not having a care in the world “furthermore to answer your question, his majesty asked me if I wanted to stretch my feet for a while and I accepted, I hope I'm not being a bother,” the middle-aged man said while taking off the cape on his back as its uncomfortable to sit on.

“Of course not imperial protecto-” Yun Hailan tried to say however was interrupted by the Imperial protectorate

“You know I don't like it when people call me that, not even the emperor himself would dare, I have a name so you will call me by that name” the imperial protectorates aura permeated throughout the whole of the army causing all the horses to buck and all the people to shiver only the knights beside the man were the only ones unaffected

“I'm very sorry if I disrespected you please forgive me, Zhang Men” Yun Hailan said with indifference because it didn't matter to her whether she would call him by his title or his name.

“Zhang Men, what did you think about the battlefield, and do you think it was the bandits that we are chasing?” Yun Hailan asked to break up the silence and because his opinion would be very helpful.

“Hmm” Zhang Men hummed as he sunk into thought at her question before saying “those people were most likely the bandits that are chasing however the bodies of the 2 leaders aren't weren't found and what is also weird was there were only 400 dead there when the reports said there were thousands of bandits”.

“Zhao what of the injuries on the bandits, did you find anything of worth,” Zhang Men asked the male knight to his side.

“Yes I did find something, all the cuts were as clean as if the Imperial guards were the ones who did it, moreover another thing that I found was this'' Zhao respectfully said while rummaging through the satchel on his back. After a couple of seconds of him digging through his satchel, he presented a metal cylinder with a threaded base.

“Does anyone know what this is?” Yun Hailan said curiously

“It looks like a screw in a Magical golem,” The female knight said with incredulity “but that shouldn't be possible”

“Why is that, Yui,” Zhao asked with curiosity

“Because only the 2 Imperial Great Gates have those all the lower class golems have no need for them so this must be from a High-Ranked golem” Yui quickly replied to Zhao’s question

“Is it possible that this isn't a part of a high-ranked golem?” Zhang Men asked seriously as this would mean his job would change from babysitting to chasing a possible enemy to the sovereignty of the Heavenly dragon empire and would have to go back and get permission to bring the imperial army.

“Of course it could be something else but what would it be used for other than that” Yui said with confidence.

Knock knock knock.

Zhang Men knocked on the carriage door which was swiftly by a knight on a horse who bowed slightly before saying “what are you orders Imperial protectorate”.

Change the course of the army back to the Capital and bring me back to the Imperial Palace.

“Yes of course,” The knight said

While this was happening Zhang Men felt something watching him so he secretly checked his surroundings but found no one so he thought nothing of it this was, of course, a robot from shock iron city.

“Should we do anything to this army?” Yang Chen asked the robot to his side.

[no your majesty, but I do recommend that we expand to other towns and small cities as the gold we salvaged from we will be able to buy the materials for many new robots].

0