Chapter 12
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Wait” Yang Chen called out to the merchant scurrying away.

Cambrard turned around and put his hand in front of the sack of gold coins afraid that he just got scammed.

“I'm not going to take your gold, I just want to know if there are any towns near here” Yang Chen reassured Cambrard while walking over, after a couple of seconds of looking at him he stuck out his hand and said, “that would be another 150 gold”.

“Do you want to die” Yang Chen couldn’t take it anymore, he already bit the bullet when he paid to know what this greedy merchant knew about the strongest city in the state of fire but now he wanted even more?

“Either you give me the information willingly or not it does make any difference to me,” Yang Chen said with a cold face which made Cambrard sweat.

“Wait I'll tell you, there are four towns aside from this one that are the subsidiaries to Wen Hua scattered north-west of here, and one fortress town that belongs to the crown north-east from here” Cambrard didn't really feel like testing the waters anymore and just told him.

“See that wasn't that hard now was it,” Yang Chen said mockingly while patting him on the back before walking out of the building, it was only after he looked down that he saw that his hand was covered in sweat, however, he just kept walking and wiped his hand on the back of a passing townsperson.

After a full week, the 45k robots were finally done being produced.

“Odala send 1000 combat robots and 2000 artillery robots to Fuying City and distract them while I take over Wen Hua's 4 subsidiaries with the rest of the Robots before I take them over”.

[Yes your Majesty].

The sound of robots marching out of the town surprised all the townsfolk as there were tens of thousands more robots than they all remembered Yang Chen having, of course, some of them noticed that about 150 of them were not even moving so they guessed that they would be staying to “Guard” them.

Once the massive line of robots started to get out of the plains that surrounded the Shock iron town, birds flew into the air, squirrels scampered up the trees and the deer ran away from the giant blob of robots.

Once the deer and small animals started running it caught the attention of the wolves, bears, and jaguars at the start they were happy about the free prey running straight at them however once they started to smell the metal and see the Robots they also started to run away starting a chain that grew to a wave of all sorts of animals.

When Yang Chen saw this it really started to sink in that he had a lot of power as raining over 50,000 people with no real weapons didn't really mean much.

After 8 hours the massive swarm had reached the area where the 4 towns were, which surprised Yang Chen as he thought that it would take at least a day to get there because it was at least 300 miles away.

“Alright take 1000 Combat Robots and 2000 artillery robots to Fuying city at full speed and shell the walls however try and minimize the casualties,” Yang Chen said to odala, although it's completely unneeded to keep any of the people alive he still human and besides it would be harder to rally a large number of troops against someone who kept his enemies alive compared to just killing them all.

After a couple of seconds, 3 thousand robots started to spring towards Fuying city at 150 miles per hour.

Originally Yang Chen was going to wait for the detachment to get a good head start before he attacked the towns however when he saw them going that fast even if a messenger whipped their horse constantly there was not a chance they would catch up.

“Alright let's go” the 40 thousand robots once again started to march to the group of towns only a dozen miles away from each other while the first town that was the closest to them was the first target.

It only took 20 minutes to get to the first town and when the guards saw the army of 50 thousand golems some of the guards either pissed themselves or passed out then and there, the person that was the most heavily armored was the only person that wasn't scared to death.

“Who are you, and why have you brought such an army to the subsidiary of Wen Hua City” The armored man only talked normally however Yang Chen could still hear him while being hundreds of meters away so he only could assume that the armored man was strong cultivator although he didn't really know as he had nothing to compare him to.

Because Yang Chen wasn't a cultivator he couldn't make his voice loud like the armored man so he could only have a Robot talk for him so he bent down on his horse and told the robot what to say.

“Throw your weapons and armor off the wall and surrender, or else every one of you will die” the metallic voice sounded out from every single one of the robots at the same time amplifying the sound many times so the people on the walls could easily hear them.

The armored man was terrified at this because it should be impossible to have 40 thousand golems talk at all let alone all at the same time which would mean either the person controlling them would be very skilled or that they all have some intelligence, however, if the person controlling them was that skilled then he would just say that himself instead of wasting the brainpower controlling all the golems to say that.

Clank clank clank.

all the guards decided to surrender because they all had wives, sons, or daughters and maybe they would be able to live.

The armored man looked around and wanted to shout at them for treason, however, he found that he too wanted to surrender, and as there was no way that he was going to be able to beat that huge army all by himself he just decided to surrender too.

After robots jumped up the wall and secured them, the majority of the robots just walked in through the gates and as nobody was able to tell anyone about the siege people started walking out of their houses wondering what was going on and were horrified to see that there were thousands of golems walking through the streets.

Some of the more courageous people walked out of their homes and hit the invaders over the head with various items and while it didn’t do that much damage they were still chopped up into little pieces and after seeing what happened to the other people they decided that wasn't a good idea.

The whole siege only took 30 minutes and the whole time the town lord didn't even know that it happened till the robots kicked in his door, the town lord was dragged outside and was forced on his knees while being surrounded by golems he didn't know what to focus on till he heard a horse walking to him and so he focused on that and watched the robots part and he could see a young man dismounting the horse and walking towards him

“Young master, may I ask why you have attacked this town, we have don” The town lord said before being interrupted.

“Don't call me that it's weird and yes while you have done nothing wrong I want to expand my domain so cry me a river” Yang Chen interrupted the old man “what is your name”.

“My name is Cai Fu, and what is your name” Cai Fu replied while still on his knees.

“My name is Yang Chen, now I bet you would like to stay as the town lord so you will still be the town lord, however, you will tell the people that they will be under new management and that I will be leaving a couple thousand robots to "Guard" you before leaving to conquer the other 4 towns and then Fuying City,” Yang Chen said before mounting the horse and walking away.

0