Chapter 13
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Odala leave 3,000 thousand combat robots and 1000 gunner robots here and let's go to the next town,” Yang Chen told the robot next to his horse after walking away from Cai Fu.

 

[of course your majesty].

 

“Also, are there any other types of robots like flying ones, or ones that can do administrative tasks,” Yang Chen asked with curiosity because there was not a chance that Cai Fu could be as good as a robot made from the steel legion empire.

 

[Yes some Robots can fly along with other special types of robots however there are no robots who can do administrative tasks as a central computer could do it easier].

 

“So I could build one computer and it would take care of everything that was needed in a town, city, or province” Yang Chen followed up Odala’s answer with another question.

 

[Yes, however, its internal parts will need to be upgraded to have the computing power to handle anything above a province].

 

“Of course it does,” Yang Chen thought.

 

It took an hour and a half to conquer the second and third towns as they just surrendered and most of the time that it took was just cleaning up anyone who didn't comply and then leaving for the next town.

 

After another 30 minutes of marching, Yang Chen arrived at the last town however it was a little bigger than he thought, from the size of the walls alone he could tell that this was either a very big town or a small city however he couldn’t really tell as he only has seen the city he lived in on earth which is the same size as this town.

 

“Odala, should we attack them or not?” Yang Chen asked because he still wasn't the best strategist, Another reason he asked was that they were already down to 11k robots that were still guarding the captured towns.

 

[Yes because we still have the advantage of surprise, furthermore I suggest that we sent 4000 robots to scale the walls to kill most of the guards, the robots could also take the walls if the resistance is weak or retreat and we shell them with the artillery robot].

 

“Ok, then we will go with your suggestion to send the combat robots immediately”.

 

Suddenly 4000 robots broke formation and ran towards the walls as quietly as possible once the robots successfully scaled the walls hundreds of guards died instantly it was only after a man walked out of a guard tower seeing one of his comrades getting his head chopped off that all the rest of the guards finally knew that there were intruders however it was way too late for any meaningful resistance to taking place as thousands of guards have already died within minutes of the sneak attack happening.

 

“Have the rest of the robots go and scale the walls, and open the gates while you're at it” Yang Chen saw that the wall was being taken so he sent in the rest of the robots to attack, After a couple of seconds all the robots except for the artillery robots started to run towards the town and scale the walls in a single jump adding to the massacre.

 

At the mansion, in the middle of the town, the guards were going crazy and alerting everyone and were so loud an old man came out of his wing of the mansion and asked the guards what was going on with a frosty look on his face.

 

“Honored elder there is a group of golems that are attacking and the town walls have already fallen” the guard respectfully answered the old man's question.

 

“Really,” the old man asked with surprise that turned into suspicion before he looked at the walls and realized the guard wasn't lying “Ok, Go to the beacon and light it, while I hold them off”.

 

“Of course” the guard then started to run in the direction of the tallest building just outside the mayor’s house. The old man then started to run towards the walls at a speed that was even faster than then a robot could.

 

After only a couple of seconds, the man reached the walls and punched out towards one of the robots turning it into scrap, one robot after another started to fall to the old man who didn't even break a sweat yet.

 

After a couple hundred robots died the robots started to realize swarming him wasn't going too much and requested a bombardment,  Odala quickly reported the request to Yang Chen.

 

“Hmm, someone that even hundreds of robots couldn't take, is it possible that it's a person that is sent from Wen Hua city to protect the towns?” Yang Chen asked.

 

[Yes, it is possible and very likely] Odala answered quickly.

 

“Ok, bombard the man then” Yang Chen agreed to the bombardment because he didn't want some enemy expert living.

 

Boom Boom Boom Boom.

 

The sound of the artillery robots firing constantly was very loud even if it was 500 meters away so it caught the attention of the old man who looked over to see hundreds of tiny cylinders coming at him at incredible speeds that only took a second to reach him.

 

After 30 seconds the bombardment stopped and the robots that didn't get blasted by the bombardment walked over to see if he was still alive and after only 10 seconds of searching they found the man covering his head with his arms before falling over the robots could tell that he was still alive however he was going to die within minutes if he wasn't treated so they asked what to do.

 

[Your Majesty the enemy expert is heavily injured and will die very soon if not treated. What should we do?] Odala respectfully asked Yang Chen who was drinking a cup of water in a chair watching the fight.

 

“Do we have anything that can bind him?” Yang Chen replied with another question.

 

[No, However, there really isn't a need for that because he won't even be up for another month with the injuries that he has].

 

“Alright save him but don't speed up the healing process” Yang Chen replied.

 

The robots next to the old man started to rip off his clothes and use them to stop the bleeding before carefully carrying him to the camp and using a medical kit made in case Yang Chen got injured.

 

The Guards who saw the old man get taken like that just fell on their knees because he was their biggest chance at winning this battle so without him just forget it.

 

After another 10 minutes, all the fighting had stopped and the robots had successfully taken the walls and begun to advance on the key points after being commanded by Odala.

0