Chapter 3 – Reborn
2.4k 2 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At a route where merchants were traveling, an ongoing clash between a merchant convoy escorts between a group of robbers had turn into a fight.

 

The individuals on both sides were fighting intensively as casualties were mounting on both sides.

As the causalities mount both sides seem to recognize that they were not as they proclaim to be.

 

For an escort convoy or a group of robbers both of them were particularly skilled in combat. Their skills and techniques were proof that both sides are very capable, as if they were from an organized force.

 

As the fight continued the forces that identify themselves as the self-proclaimed robbers were losing their ground. The situation turns grimmer by the minutes, it led one of the robbers to execute a desperate last attack towards the convoy and the escorts.

 

Kaboom!!!

“Ahhh…”

 

The last desperate attack led to a suicide attempt. The blast itself were successful and it happened around the vicinity of a merchant convoy scattering goods around the area.

 

The unsuspecting also caught the escorts off guard and a blast wave hit an unsuspecting young pregnant person travelling with the convoy which the escort guarding. The blast wave knocks the pregnant person back as she fell to the ground.

Witnessing what has occurred the escorts split off where most continued their chase against the robbers while some stayed and a few rushed to the blast location. When they reached, they saw the pregnant person lying down unconscious from the blast. A woman similar characteristic to the pregnant person but older rushed anxiously to her side along with two of her escorts.

 

The unexpected blast happened to shock the fetus within the pregnant person and in the process woke up the fetus consciousness.

 

(lub-dub- lub-dub- lub-dub- lub-dub- lub-dub- lub-dub-) [The sound of the knocked back pregnant person heart rate]

‘Hmm…? what is going on…’

(lub-dub- lub-dub- lub-dub- lub-dub- lub-dub- lub-dub-)

‘Is a heartbeat… this beat rate… something is wrong… why is it beating that fast …’

 

“YUNA!!! YUNA!! Are you all, right?”
“YUNA-HIME!!!”
“YUNA-SAMA!!!”

 

‘… What is going on I am hearing voices; the tone of the voice seems to indicate concern about something though…’

 

“Yuna, are you ok? …Tsk, those bastards… if only… sigh…”

 

The older female person was looking at her surroundings, within the vicinity there is the explosion site and some bodies scattered around the area. She was unhappy about the situation while being afraid, caring and careful to Yuna. The other two person was on the lookout observing the area letting the older female tend for her.

 

“Urgh… what happened?”

“Stay still, you evaded the attack but no one expect the blast was that strong, you were knockback by it”

 

‘What’s the voices I am hearing?’

 

“I am ok, mother…!!! The child!??”

“Hold on, don’t make any sudden movements for now, let me check on the little one condition”

 

‘Seriously what is with this abnormal heart rate sound, plus I am hearing voices that I do not understand! Wait, keep calm, let me see… hmm… ok I can feel that I am submerged in some form of liquid but my body feels really weak however unsurprisingly very refreshed, a sensation I haven’t felt before’

 

Yuna mother carefully examine her condition as well as the fetus. While attempting to examine, her hand was enveloped with green aura as she moves to examine Yuna.

 

“Hmm… the little one is safe.”

“Thank god…”

 

‘Who is talking? What are they talking about? Am I hearing things? Why am I hearing things? My senses are all time high; I can feel that I am submerged in something, I feel very refreshed but my body functions feel weak, I am not used to this, I can generally sense that I have all my organs, but it’s just not right. Something is seriously wrong here and I can’t actually describe it. Not only that I can hear a fast heart rate beating and voices which I can’t recognize…’

 

“Do you feel anything wrong dear? Take it calm”

“Yes… I think I am alright, thank god that the child is fine…”

 

After being asked by her mother to take it calm, Yuna started to condition herself and started to breathe calmly. She also started to gently caress her bulging tummy smiling, as her worry was over.

 

‘Who is talking? Now I am definitely hearing two distinctive voices around… ok, I definitely felt something …’

 

“Ooh, the little one is really spirited~”

“Yes, my dear~ everything is all right, sorry about just now…”

 

‘What!!! What’s going on here!, I do feel something else, feeling of being caress. Ah… feeling tired…zzz’

 

“Oh, I think the little one is sleeping again”

“Hmm~”

 

The casualties were heavy, as the escort guards were tending the wounded. There were charred remains of a person as well as scattered merchant items all around the place. Most of them damaged. It was then that a new person arrived at the scene.

 

“Yuna!, are you alright?”

 

He called out towards Yuna as he was rushing towards her. He felt his heart beating irregularly, his hands and legs felt weak but he was still capable to rush towards her. He was thinking about her wellbeing as well as the child she is carrying within her as he was rushing to her location.  

 

‘“Nagi-sama”’

 

The two guards on the lookout called out his name in respect as Nagi rushed passed them towards Yuna.

 

“Nagi~ I am alright, the baby is too~”

“…”

After hearing what Yuna said he sighed in relief in his mind. He stood there looking at Yuna caressing her bulging tummy and smiled. Although he was smiling towards Yuna his hands were clenched as it shivered. Noticing Nagi behavior the older woman called him.

 

“Nagi, she is fine the little one is to, don’t be such a worrisome husband and father will you now. How about your side is it done?”

“Yes mother, I have captured another one of them. I will start the interrogation with father when we get back.”

"All right then, lets regroup. Have the injured be attended, if they can't move transfer them aboard the convoy. For our departed seal them in a scroll we will arrange for a funeral when we get back. As for the rest just burn them. We will depart once all is done." 

 

41