Chapter 37 – Graduation I
441 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days continue to go by and finally Azuma’s graduation day is approaching.

 

In the class, everyone was excited about their coming graduation. Most of them had already planned to continue their path as a ninja and they were bragging about their future heroic feats. Those were the ones from Konoha. While the others they had decided to go back to their home and help their family there. Those that think that were the ones that are from prominent political and business clans from the capital.

 

When everyone in class was discussing about it, Shikamaru remembered that Azuma was also from the capital. That brought him thinking. He thought about it and wondered what Azuma would do. Will he be going to follow the footsteps like the others from the capital?

 

While thinking about it, he almost forgot about Azuma family status.

 

The Uzufuyuki is considered the most prominent business organization in all shinobi countries. Unlike shinobi clans where they are usually known within their own circles but not beyond, the Uzufuyuki is different. They are recognized by everyone shinobi and civilians alike. Based on his understanding the Uzufuyuki is a huge conglomerate. Their market encompasses civilian market and the shinobi market. Their presence in the world out paces any other known business organization in this time.

Looking forward, Shikamaru do not know what Azuma will do after graduation. He know that Azuma is completely different compared to them. After graduation, he and many others in Konoha will be taking the escalator route to be Konoha Genins. Their starting point to enter the society will start from there. They will rely on it to make their living.

 

Azuma on the other hand is different, he do not need to be a ninja to make ends meet. His family wealth is well enough for them to live well indefinitely for generations to come. Furthermore as things, goes Azuma will be the heir of Uzufuyuki and he will be the one being in charge in the future. Beside that Azuma himself is skilled in many things and his thought process is very different compared to anyone he knows. This made him wonder what will be Azuma’s plan right now after his graduation.

 

Giving up thinking about it as he felt it as a waste of time, Shikamaru decided to ask Azuma directly. “So Azuma what will you do now that we are all graduating.”

 

“Huh, why out of the sudden…” Azuma was trying to eavesdrop and listen to everyone’s plans in the future. He was discrete about it, until Shikamaru question came about. It halted what Azuma was doing, while he tried to remember Shikamaru question. When he remembered his question with a smug on his face, Azuma decided to answer Shikamaru. “…hehe… I plan to see the world! The first step is to visit the neighboring countries and stay there for a while. I already got the seal of approval from my parents.”

 

“Eh! That’s nice.” Shikamaru was somewhat shocked from Azuma reply. He did sort of expect that it will be different however he did not expect Azuma had already planned it out. To see the world. To visit the neighboring countries. It was something that he really did not expect. It is also completely different compared to the others from the capital as well. Shikamaru do not understand the mind of Azuma, what he is doing is completely different compared to everyone from Konoha and the capital. “Sigh you really are different… for most of us, it will be troublesome after graduation… as a Genin we will be going on missions not to mention more trainings... I guess even the ones who decided to go back to help their family or clan will fare no less similar to us. But you are really something else…sigh…”

 

 

Listening to what Shikamaru said Azuma felt regretful.

 

Originally, he wanted to join them, to be a ninja. It was his initial thought when he figured out that he was reborn to this world. During that time, Azuma thought that it was the only path for him to take to learn about chakra. It changed later on when he learn about his current family history and status.

 

He found out that his family has an extremely unique background. From it he was able to take advantage of that background to get what he needed. To learn about chakra and ninja techniques. Beside the sage arts, he had gain knowledge and a gained a great foundation about them.

 

The knowledge and foundation he gained was vast. What Azuma had attained is vastly more compared to other clans or ninja villages. Due to his unique family background, Azuma had acquired skills and techniques from three different villages Konoha, Uzushio and Kiri through their links. Furthermore, with the knowledge and wisdom his family members had towards their specific specialization Azuma had information and knowledge form various fields. Because of that his plans to attend the Academy was not necessary at all. Which ninja Academy could match the Uzufuyuki about ninja knowledge?   

 

Judging just from skillset alone Azuma is already an extremely capable ninja after he had undergone his family training. Just by strength alone, using this world comparison he is comparable to a Jonin level ninja.

 

That was a B class category. It is a level of strength where humans in his previous world could not reach without changing the human physique through technology or being equipped with technological equipment. It was something unimaginable for Azuma that now he had achieve a feat that in the past he could not.

 

Furthermore, if he include his command experience in his past life along with it, he is a fully-fledged Jonin in rank. If there were a time when the deployment of forces were needed, particularly during an emergency, Azuma was in a position to take command of those forces. Having the skill with the experience to back it up at his current age, no one in this world had that kind of achievement.

 

In addition to that. When Azuma added his past knowledge and wisdom to his current self, he was able to boost up his classification easily. For example during the encounter with the wild beast, Azuma is already well beyond a normal jonin level in combat capability.

 

With what he know and understand, Azuma knew that he is on the right path. To integrate and adapt everything he know to a completely new field and with it to achieve his dream. The fabled SSS tier. Nevertheless, Azuma still decided to attend the Academy because at that time he was still playing along being in character for his family in this world.

 

In time however, his perspective changed and the understanding of the world changed along with it.

 

When his perspective changed. He found out that the decision to attend the Academy was the best decision he did now.

 

Personally, he was really grateful that he actually attended it. Due to the performance examination he participated, Azuma realizes his personal character flaw and because of it he finally found familial love, he had a family. It was a time that he realize he was really not alone anymore.

 

Beside personal character growth, the academy performance examination also lead him to meet Yuki. It was something that he never expect but one event led to another and it ended up creating a situation for it to happen. Nevertheless, without Azuma participating the performance examination all those other circumstances will not happen which ended with the result of him meeting Yuki at that time.

Furthermore, meeting Yuki had accelerated his accumulation of information and knowledge about various topics of his interest. It was the greatest boon he got after his family training. 

 

With it, he had created and introduced various new techniques and methodology of training for himself and others. It also improved his combat capability greatly.

 

Besides that since Azuma notice that major changes are happening to the world he started to look into it. Azuma know that the changes that happening is real. With a multitude of cause and effects that happened to Azuma personally as well as the world around him, it brought Azuma to change his decision. He had allocated one of his clones to look at the larger picture trying to find the effects that is happening to this world due to the butterfly effect impact.

 

Besides monitoring Yuki interferences towards the wild beast population, Azuma also need to monitor the butterfly effects that is occurring due to many changes that had happen.  

 

Following many events that went by, as well as the realization that the change of events are changing at a drastic pace, Azuma found that being in the Academy truly helped him.

 

Looking at the changes happening Azuma felt that there is a serious probability that something big will happen in due time. While he did not know what it is currently, he had a deep etch feeling that when it happen the effect will be extremely impactful. So impactful that it will probably be an event that could shock the world.

 

Recognizing that fact, Azuma had made his decision to get involved he started to draw up some plans that he thought that will be beneficial for him and the world. Azuma first plan was regarding the growth of Naruto and others, it was to make sure that the balance is there. Although Azuma did not know what is coming he still know about certain events will happen no matter what and to tip the scale to his side Azuma decided to influence Naruto and the others.

 

Attending the Academy had helped Azuma greatly in that plan. Since being in the Academy and being close with Naruto and the others gave him the opportunity to influence the growth and development of all of them easily.

 

After five years in the Academy being close with Naruto and the others, Azuma thought he had done enough preparation for them and he could proceed to his next phase of his plans.

 

 

 

Just looking at the things that he knows prior to him arriving to his world, Azuma had known many things. From that, Azuma can actually predict within a level of certainty that some contextual events could happen. Azuma knew that no matter what changes that is happening right now there would be certain events that what will occur in time. Although the event will be different, the context will be the same as what he knows.

 

The reason being is Uchiha Obito. His experience and actions was the same until the Kyuubi incident. From that, Azuma knew that Uchiha Obito, Uchiha Madara, Zetsu and the Otsutsuki Kaguya is probably on the similar path from the original. 

However because Minato and Kushina is still alive now compared to the alternate reality, Azuma had to assume that after that incident what Obito would be doing will be different from what he knows.

 

There is no way that Obito will act a similar way after knowing that Minato and Kushina is alive. Even for Akatsuki their decisions and actions will be different due to it. This is mainly because Azuma know that Minato and Kushina being alive will greatly affect the complete geopolitical standing of the ninja world.

 

Compared to the original world, this new reality Konoha is still a superpower. The original world Konoha and this new Konoha is completely different. Just looking at their projection of strength from the original world and this world, it is a total 180. Without the Uchiha clan, they do not have Fugaku, Shisui, Itachi, then without Sakumo and the death of Minato and their Jinchuriki Kushina. What was left was one person capable of holding the fort. In that world after Minato and Kushina death there is no absolute power around to maintain peace. The five ninja villages had peace but they know that they could act if necessary. That led to a world where Akatsuki can grow.

Then how about this new reality. Konoha is completely different. Their power projection is absolute. If necessary they can take on every major ninja village all at once and still hold a stalemate. With the policy of will of fire and peaceful coexistence held by Konoha First, Third and Fourth Hokages the world is completely a different place. Furthermore, Azuma also know that Sunagakure is completely different compared to the original world as well and they are maintaining the alliance they had since the peace treaty after the Second Shinobi war with Konoha.    

Nevertheless, Azuma was still certain that the flow would be there because of the existence of Zetsu. Azuma know full well of what Zetsu can do. Furthermore, with Zetsu existence it will just increase the odds that things happening within a definite doubt but of a same context from the original.

It is definite that Zetsu will do what it takes to accomplish his goals. Therefore, the end event although it may be different in a way it will still come true in the end. The revival of Otsutsuki Kaguya.

 

What Azuma did not know is what will happen between now and that time. The changes had already ripple on. It had affected many people directly or indirectly. With it, the events that will happen had a lower chance of it happening or even making it nonexistence in this timeline. It will also create completely new events that did not happen before. It could even expand events that is happening to a bigger and greater scale than before. The complexity of change is extremely difficult to comprehend.

 

Looking at the current situation, Azuma could decide to stay silent. He could still be a Konoha ninja with Naruto and everyone else. He will then let the flow go at its own pace allowing him to experience the changes as it happen with Naruto and others. However, Azuma did not want it to be like that.

 

Azuma had thought things trough. He had always felt that joining Konoha will tie him down greatly. For one he need to start as a Genin and climb up the ladder from there. The only way he can act independently at that time is none existence at all. He will be tied to the chain of command.

Only a selected few like the Konoha Sannin that had free reign and could act completely independent when everyone else do not. For Azuma he could not accept that. He recognize the chain of command very well and because of it, Azuma did not want to be chained to that.

 

He could try to attempt to change it similar to what he did in his past life where he got a lot of power and leeway due to the support he receive from the Union high command. If he does that he need to be open to Minato about many things and Azuma judge it as impossible.

 

Azuma knew that had already changed the world just from existing in it. He also know that his involvement with the characters will expand the scope of the change. However, Azuma still know when to stop, he know that he need to limit his involvement. He need the ninja world to continue their natural path of flow so he can at least do a proper analysis of probable events.

 

Azuma at his core is still influence by the Union philosophy, however he was forced to adapt to changes that is happening around. Nevertheless, he still maintain a distance needed to see a natural path flow for events happening.

Therefore, Azuma felt that it is completely out of the question for him to join Konoha ninja forces. To be in Konoha longer will add more variables in making it more complex for Azuma.

 

Furthermore, personally Azuma had accomplished his general goals already. He had already influence in the growth of Naruto and everyone else. He already improved their skills and techniques to an acceptable level to balance the changes that is happening around. He also do not need to be a ninja to interact or influence them further in the future. This is because his current peers already recognized him as someone capable and reliable.

 

 

“… Azuma? Are you listening?” When Shikamaru was explaining about what new Konoha Genin would be doing he felt that Azuma was on his mind on his own.

Indeed Shikamaru was right Azuma was having a quick flashback, he was thinking back on his understanding of Naruto world after living on it right now. However, that thinking had actually contributed to the way Azuma is making his decisions right now.

 

“…Huh, yea. Those missions and training will indeed take your time. I can only say good luck on that… But maybe during your missions we can meet each other. Though the chances are slim but there is a chance rite?” A second later Azuma replied. He thought about it and it is true if they ever stumble on to missions like Naruto in the other timeline, it is possible to meet them then as well.

 

“Indeed…” Shikamaru on the other hand was skeptic about it but he also agreed in that reasoning and there is actually a possibility although it is extremely slim.

 

“It is sad that we will not be meeting like we used to.” Choji also felt sad that Azuma will not be planning to be a ninja, but he respect Azuma decision.

 

Azuma felt that it was something that had to be done. He had to plan ahead at least until the end scenario that he knew. Only after that will he be able to live like others, facing the events as they come. The uncertainty of it lead to Azuma decision in the first place, to deal with that uncertainty Azuma had already made necessary changes in from his original plan. Furthermore, he still needed more information to make better decisions in the future.

In addition to that, Azuma also need his personal space and time for himself. He also need to properly train. Azuma know the foes he will be facing, he also wanted to continue his personal goal as well which is still not realized. Joining Konoha playing ninja now will not let him do that.

 

Azuma know what he had to do going forward, he currently just need to realize them while still being able to be with the friends he had made in this world.

“We still can meet when we are in Konoha. I will be back from time to time and you will be around as well when you are off missions. I will bring back unique snacks from other places for you to try.”

 

“Oooh…” When Choji heard Azuma reply he was exhilarated, to experience taste of various new snacks excite him.

 

As the class is coming to the end, Iruka informed them that their graduation test is set for the following week. He also explained that if they passed that test, they would graduate from the Academy. In addition, if the students from the capital wanted to be a ninja after graduation they will need to apply to join Konoha.

Have a nice week ahead.

13