Chapter 41 – An Unknown Item
282 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Thank you all for staying with me and reading my story.

I had been thinking about my story so far. Originally, as you all know by now my main story is mainly from a what if scenario. What if Mito changed her actions, What if Minato and Kushina did not die, and what if my original characters is included in the mix.

I have been trying to follow the Naruto timeline and history as much as possible and only create new history based on the what if situation I mentioned above.

Although I did use some of Boruto source materials lately like the existence of Kara I will not follow the vast new historical facts that was added from the Boruto series. All historical context I am using in reference is from Naruto series only.

Lucky Narutopedia have all the necessary references noted on either its a Naruto source or a Boruto source.

I may use the characters of Boruto particularly the Otsutsuki clan characters however I will not follow their world building storyline. I have something in my mind to continue the story forward.

This is mainly due to my main character.
I have been troubled regarding my main character I created.

Based on my character I created, looking at Azuma shoes he will not personally act at all. He wants to maintain a distance between himself and the universe he knows as Naruto Universe. His actions this far although does impact the characters it was actually needed for him base on his judgement of the impact of the butterfly effect which is happening due to Mito actions.

Azuma just do not want to intervene with the world development as much as possible, he always wanted for the characters of this Universe that he know to deal with the issues that will come. He is still trying to maintain the general path of the story based on his understanding. 

That's the problem in itself.
Even after I had read the Boruto manga up to chapter 55~. I do not see that Azuma will act at all. With the buff I had designed training Naruto and other characters they are well equipped going against what they could face based on the cannon enemies. Even if I removed Azuma from the equation now and only write the Naruto sidestories it could continue on till the end without Azuma moving his finger.

So to have Azuma act I will be introducing more personal world building. The next few chapters will emphasize this point. I manage to get a source of inspiration on how to get Azuma to act and there is an irony on how its going forward. I do not want to spoil it further but some may get a hint of it from this chapter alone.

This chapter will be short but I have to make a setting for it.

Thank you for reading my rant notes. Enjoy :)

 

It all started after Yuki started moving her personal belongings to Azuma research base.

 

Azuma had accepted that Yuki will be his new housemate and so he had arranged a room for her. While he was helping Yuki in moving her belongings from her den to her new place, he came across a pile of trinkets laying out in the open.

 

Looking at it, Azuma was wondering about how she gathered those items while he was packing them up for the move. When he was packing them, Yuki came by and saw what Azuma was doing. Looking at Azuma arranging the items in a box made her chuckle as she never experienced it before. In her past life she just chunked everything she had in her storage ring, and now she just chunks things where she feels fit. She had assumed that with Azuma storage seal he would be doing something similar to her in her past life but he didn’t.

 

It was Azuma habit to compartmentalize and arrange things properly particularly when he want to store stuff. He was fine with minor mess on the worktable and in room but looking at the way Yuki is living now just made his head hurts and he had to do something about it. If he did not do it now then he can’t imagine what will happen to his new place when Yuki is around. He had to make sure Yuki at least learn something about not to be too messy.

 

When he was arranging, he came across an item that intrigue him. It was different compared to the other trinkets laying around it gave Azuma a vibe of uniqueness. Looking at it outright he thought it was a shell, but when he held it, it came to Azuma that he was holding something that is probably not designed in this world. Holding it Azuma asked Yuki about it.

 

Yuki looked at the item Azuma was holding and she thought for a while and remembered that she found it etched on a rock. It was during one of her training and she was testing her technique. Her test blasted a portion of cliff off. When the dust settled, she noticed something was stuck in the destroyed cliff.

She went and see what it was. Looking at its durability she thought she found an ancient item, it felt like what she had been told in stories in her past life. Taking interest with it she took it back with her and studied it. In time, she did not uncover anything about it. Feeling frustrated she threw it within her stash of trinkets she had.

 

After hearing, the story on how Yuki got hold of it Azuma looked back at the item. He was also wondering about it, although it is not as far fetch as Yuki imagination, he still thought that that item is of significance. He only do not know why it was. 

 

When everything was set Azuma helped Yuki in her move while making sure Yuki had at least one of her shadow clone around. It was to make sure that Yuki presence is still around and no beast usurp her authority. Yuki begrudgingly agreed to Azuma request as she felt it was not needed. Even if they did usurp her authority, she do not care much about it. After meeting Azuma, she now had better things to do than doing mundane things for fun. However, since it was something she agreed on as a condition for her to stay in Azuma place she agreed with it.

 

After the transfer, Azuma again helped Yuki in moving and arranging her belongings. Azuma made sure she learns how to tidy up her room so it would not look as messy as her den. When it came to the collected trinkets and the unique item that Azuma felt, Azuma had it all place in a storage compartment he had built in Yuki room. When it’s all done Azuma went back to his work while Yuki went to the underground waterfall to have fun in the water.

 

Days went by like that and its during one of the days when Azuma was in his research room and Yuki was meditating in the meditation room that a situation happen.

 

Azuma base sounded an alert, that an unauthorized attempt of opening a temporal portal was occurring and the jump was prevented. 

Next chapter tomorrow. Enjoy.

8