Chapter 6. Accidental Kiss, or Forced?
8.4k 37 214
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The time allocated for the meals soon ended, standing distances away from one another before the black-haired lady who stood upright with a dark blue dagger on her hand that was shrouded with a thick white aura, we looked at her with curiosity as she opened her mouth and spoke loudly.

 

“This will be the final part of your examination. We will soon be entering a dangerous fraction of our return where monsters of different kinds await us. For this reason, we will do a short review of what we have learned during the duration.”

 

She soon pointed her finger at Mana, winking at me as she asked in a loud voice, “What should we do when we encounter an opponent of unidentifiable strength?” before Mana took a step forward, taking a deep breath as she answered.

 

“When encountering an opponent of unidentifiable strength, one must remain calm and asserting; understand the situation, think ahead of time over what should one do when the situation escalates; decide whether to escape from the location or fight back.”

 

After she finished answering, she soon bowed down before taking a step back as the black-haired lady clapped her hands several times, nodding, “Your answer was more than I asked but all of which you listed are all the correct procedures.”

 

“We are required to be calm in all situations like soldiers, do not act rashly and think ahead of time what your actions may lead. Think about your fellow partners, team members, and other people around you before taking action, understand how your action will affect the situation.”

 

“In situations where you are required to act as a team, do not be stubborn! Every single person will be required to perform coordination, constant communication, and understanding with what each member will do beforehand as to prevent friendly-fire or crossfires,” she said before everyone nodded as she continued further, “Now that all of you are reminded what to do, let us have a few students demonstrate over how to use your weapons, skills of choice.”

 

“How about we begin with our academic and practical top-ranker Mana, the demonstration she will be required to show is how high-level and low-level spells are supposed to be used. If you may, please…” she looked at Mana and nodded.

 

Mana soon stepped forward with an aura of elegance and confidence, taking out her wand in a speedy motion as she pointed it at a figure of hay over the distance before jumbled words left her mouth as a colorful rainbow aura eclipsed her body.

 

It was like light was bending around her, a magnificent strawberry view of her body as light strokes around her body, growing stronger with each passing moment before out of the blue a bright fireball appeared on the tip of her wand as she rose it up in the air before flinging it downwards as air compressed around her.

 

A few moments later, the fireball soon reached its destination, slamming down onto the figure of hay turning it into gray ashes as smoke rose from the spot followed by loud claps that echoed around the surroundings as she turned around, bowing down before returning as the black-haired lady took over her spot, clapping.

 

“As all of you may have seen, the first and foremost procedure to casting a spell is to understand the meaning of the chant it utilizes. Take for example, a fireball spell uses three words as its chant, the following words are, ‘Mundus in Igne’ which translates to ‘the world on fire’” the black-haired lady looked at me and winked as if she had prepared this to teach me the basics whilst reminding her students… how devious.

 

Though I didn’t need to take note of the spell as from the looks of it, the chant used was the same as the one on Solis… or rather, it utilizes the description of the spell instead of the actual chant we used which could be a performance downgrade.

 

The actual chant for the fireball is supposed to be: ‘The world of fire’ or in Latin-verse which I learned during my delusion days says: ‘Mundus Ignis’ but from what I can tell, there seems to be a translation issue of some sort on this world.

 

“After understanding the spell, one must know how much mana they should offer; too much will result in an explosion while too little will result in the spell malfunctioning, there are cases such as when the spell dissipates a second later, those are when the mana offered is a little below the minimum,” she explained before looking at me, nodding.

 

“How about we have both our new companion and our top-ranked, Ayumi and Mana demonstrate to us visually what would happen in such cases and how to know when there is too much, or too little mana offered.”

 

A bolt of thunder soon struck me as I pointed at myself looking around asking whether it was me or someone else being called but there was no other stepping forward which could only mean one thing… I was freaking called.

 

Hesitatingly, I followed behind Mana who seems to have a dampened mood on her face as we walked towards where the black-haired lady stood before she stepped in between us, whispering into my ear, “No worries, the best teacher is your own experience; you should be able to tell when you are offering too much or too little, when there is too much, imagine yourself slicing a thread and it will do the trick,” before passing by as she stood distances away from us.

 

I was utterly confused over what she had meant but decided to go along anyway, hoping that some sort of system assistance will back me up when such occurrence happens, otherwise, who knows where I will be flying next.

 

“Now, let us have our top-ranker Mana demonstrate what happens when there is too little mana offered; if you may…” her voice echoed from behind as nervousness filled my heart, looking at Mana as she rose her wand up in the air before a tiny gray smoke appeared from above her wand.

 

“It may not be clear to others, but as you can see, for fire-related spells, the tiny smoke signifies that there is a lack of mana offered and to fix the issue, you can simply increase your mana output by a tiny bit depending on how thick the smoke is,” she explained before out of the blue.

 

A thick fireball soon eclipsed overhead of Mana’s wand, taking all of us by surprise as we backed off before suddenly, a loud scream came from Mana as I ran towards her instinctively, slapping the wand away as she soon stumbled back from a rock before the figure of a white-haired beauty winking behind her appeared with her tongue out.

 

“You god damn Goddess…” I shouted before both of our faces touched one another as the scorching heat of the fireball exploded, burning both of us as both of our lips touched one another before curses rang inside my heart as I stared at the white-haired beauty behind who was all smiles before she vanished.

 

[You have leveled up by two levels, congratulations, you have now unlocked the function: “The Library”].

 

214