Chapter 7. Monster Horde & Estelle
7.1k 29 213
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There wasn’t even a single chance to react as loud bells started ringing inside my head; it was like the sound of doomsdays, loud metallic ringing reverberated inside me before out of the blue a gloomy, robotic voice followed.

 

[WARNING: A MONSTER HORDE HAS BEEN DETECTED. ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL: 1 MINUTE]

 

My heart stopped breathing in an instant as I stared at the eyes of Mana who was frozen in place, impulsively I pushed her away while shouting, “THERE IS A HORDE OF MONSTERS COMING OUR WAY!” before loud stomping noises echoed throughout the area as I stood up before a cloud of dust appeared slowly making its way towards us.

 

All of a sudden, the robotic voice once more echoed inside my mind, calling. “The Library: Would you like to equip the Archery class?” as a blue translucent window appeared out of nowhere bringing along it were two buttons, one was a red button whilst another was green. I was utterly confused over what would happen if I were to press either button.

 

There was no such function on the VR game, nor the simulation version of Solis that we tried developing; it was something unique to this world that even I couldn’t figure out, the name alone doesn’t ring a bell to me.

 

Panic rose inside my head as the cloud of dust soon rose even more, signifying that the horde was coming closer than ever. Loud roars erupted from beyond the clouds of dust as the black-haired lady shouted to all of us, “Everyone, move to your respective positions! All magicians who can fire a spell or two, do not hesitate to do so!”

 

“Defensive units will hold out at the front; melee users will stay behind the defensive units whilst the long-range units shall support the two through either archery or magic. Healers will stand by for any injuries, do not hesitate to use as much healing as possible as long as you do not exhaust your mana capacity…” she instructed with a loud voice as I turned around before the sight of her wielding a long thin rapier became crystal clear.

 

I felt lost… what should I do, should I take this suggestion…? But what would happen, what would I even do without it…? Aren’t I utterly useless in this fight…? I… don’t know what to do…

 

[ALERT: The monster horde is now thirty seconds away]

 

“Aaahhh! Whatever!” I screamed, pressing the green button before time mysteriously froze as a voice rang inside of me, whispering. “Allocating all points to the recommended Archery statistics… release!” before a blue window containing all my statistics magically appeared.

 

Name

Ayumi (Lv. 4)

Status

System Administrator

Health

1289 / 1500

Mana

2400 / 2400

Titles

Administrator, The One Who Transcends All Souls, Destined to be Yuri.

Skills [1/1]

Administrator (This skill prevents the holder from achieving new skills).

Class

Magical Archer

Abilities [5/5]

Agility Enhancement [Lv.1], Lock-on [Lv.1], Dagger [Lv. 1], Archery [Lv. 1], Eagle-eye [Lv.1]

 

I was confused over the two new rows that appeared but quickly regained composure as loud explosions erupted from afar, the clashes of metal and screams of beasts were all that you could hear. All of a sudden, a white bow appeared on my hand paired with a quiver hanging on my back, stunning me frozen as a robotic voice spoke, “The library has performed initial tasks, system assistance will now be activated.”

 

Without any of my inputs, my body moved by itself, grabbing an arrow from the quiver and placing it on the bowstring as my arm pulled the string backward, pointing it upwards as a blinding light shrouded the surroundings before my fingers released the bowstring, launching the arrow upward like a star.

 

In an instant, the arrow split mid-air, turning into dozens of tiny meteors that fell downwards like a shooting star. Each arrow descended on a pack of beasts, blasting several corpses with each blow creating several crates on the ground as I looked at the scene of carnage speechless.

 

“What… just happened…?” I mumbled before my body once more moved by itself, turning around whilst kicking the air behind as it used the momentum to push itself backward before speedily pulling the bowstring of the bow as a cloudy arrow appeared.

 

BAM!

 

Immediately after the arrow appeared, my fingers released the bowstring, launching the cloudy arrow forward as a bear-like creature stood there with a hole on its chest, an entire empty hole that bled horrendously on where its heart was supposed to be.

 

“Fire!” a voice screamed before dozens of fireballs and other kinds of spells flew above me, descending onto the horde as loud explosions erupted from the distance; it was like a scene out of a movie like the World Wars but more magical.

 

Achievement!
Title: Horde Destroyer
Earned by eliminating a horde of monsters within the span of
ten minutes, this can be done together with a large group.


You earned the following:

- 20 Yuri EXP
- Increased CHARM
- Increased LUCK
- Reputation Increased.
                - Archery Class PERMANENT                

 

 

“Wow! What kind of spell was that?!” a childish voice echoed from behind as I turned around before an orange-haired girl stood there about neck-height, her hair was tied in a braid and on her hand was a beautiful silver sword with a handle of black.

 

All of a sudden, she turned around, swinging her sword faster than my eye could see, blasting an orc-like creature from the distance as blood rained down over the distance, she was like a devil hiding in child’s clothing which brought shivers over my spine as a robotic voice followed.

 

“The library has sensed no more danger therefore The Library has deactivated System Assistance to save mana.”

 

Soon after the robotic voice ended, both the bow on my hand vanished together with the quiver as if the two never existed in the first place; all the energy on my body was drained in an instant as I fell to the grass bed, exhausted as the sight of the arrow splitting into several dozen came to mind.

 

A nostalgic spell that was once called the most beautiful spell to existence despite being of a beginner tier back on Solis VR; the original spell of Magical Archers that was called, “Fairies’ Cries” for its magnificent look that was as if the tears of a fairy.

 

“The Library…” I mumbled the name of the unknown system that I did not know of. It was a system that never existed on both Solis VR and Solis Simulation yet somehow manages to exist here, a surprise nonetheless, though it does feel like those pointers during a tutorial on a new game.

 

All of a sudden, the orange-haired girl sat beside me, poking my cheeks which confused me as I asked in a confused tone, “Who are you?” before she tilted her head with a smile as she responded in a cute voice, “Estelle.”

 

“What is a child doing here?” I asked before the sight of the black-haired lady, holding the pink-haired lady Mana on her arms like a child appeared with an exhausted look on her face as the orange-haired girl waved her hand, “Seele, how are you doing?!”

 

“Estelle, what are you doing here?!” the black-haired lady shouted in surprise as she placed Mana who seems to be sleeping beside me as the orange-haired girl winked at the black-haired lady who seems to be named Seele.

 

“I was told to assist all of you on the way but to think that a monster horde would appear whilst I was flying my way here was quite unexpected. I was even more shocked when a blinding light exploded from above, you know!”

 

“It was like the end of the world! Kaboom and kaboom everywhere!” she said with a bright smile as she opened and closed her hands several times like a child before I looked at the black-haired lady and asked, “Do you perhaps know her?”

 

“Well, more like… she is the vice head-master of the school…” before shock filled me as I looked at the orange-haired girl and the black-haired lady back and forth… this girl is the vice headmaster?!

 

 

 

 

213