Chapter 42. Cooking!
1.8k 9 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Without a second wasted, I pushed Leisha away, ensuring that the push was not strong as well before entering into a dogeza form before Mana as she continued clapping.

 

“It’s all an accident…!” I said before a hmm came responded.

 

“I see, it’s an accident, okay!” she said as I looked up before a bright, creepy smile formed on her face. It was like the incarnation of the devil was before me. All of a sudden, she grabbed my right shoulder with her left arm as she sighed.

 

“Whatever, just stop kneeling. It’s embarrassing in front of a large market…” she said with a heavily tired expression as I stood up before she went to Leisha, who left this world for the x number of times, helping her up as she rested her head onto Flora.

 

Wow, this stupid Goddess sure makes things complicated. Let me live happily, you piece of crap! Do you want me to throw all the potatoes I bought at your face, not to mention, I could buy a whole truckload of tomatoes and throw them at you!

 

“Did you two buy everything now?” she questioned with a tired voice as I nodded, looking at the paper bags I carried that were unmoved from the incident.

 

After receiving my response, she nodded before continuing, “Well then, let’s head back now before Flora wakes up,” as she started walking ahead along with Kate who seems to have a funny expression as she looked at me and Leisha.

 

“Hey, come back to this world~!” Kate suddenly flicked Leisha’s forehead who soon revived, her eyes went from pupil-less to having a pupil within an instant as she looked around like a robot restarting before tilting her head.

 

“Wha—what?” she asked before her eye looked at me for a second before her cheeks blushed as she quickly averted them before a smack blasted from the top of my head.

 

“What are you waiting for?” Mana’s creepy voice whispered into my ear as she grabbed my hand and dragged me along with her as her face pouted. Is this what they call jealousy? Why does it look cute and scary at the same time?

 

“I am not jealous okay…” she mumbled with a cute pout as she carried Flora who seems to be drooling this time. I wonder what this cute puppy is dreaming of again?

 

“Who said you were…?” I replied before she blushed, smacking my hand away as she continued on walking with a pout on her face. Yeah, truly scary at the same time… truly adorable, I want to cuddle her later…

 

After some time, we soon reached the gates of our residence along with Kate and Leisha who seems to be staring at me at times which was creepy. It reminded me of that certain stalker that always looked at me after I saved her once… this charm thing is scary, not going to lie.

 

“Take,” Mana said as she handed Flora to me which I happily accepted, grabbing her by the shoulders and resting her on my shoulder before out of the blue, soft teeth started digging onto my skin. It was like ten rubber pens hitting your shoulder.

 

After a short while, Mana soon finally opened the gates as we headed inside one by one while Kate and Leisha bowed down for a second as per tradition in this city before heading inside. It was a weird tradition that is at the same time polite.

 

“You can place your shoes there,” Mana said to both Kate and Leisha as she looked at the shoe rack near the door while untying her shoes and mine since I was carrying a sleeping Flora, after she finished untying both, I took it off with my feet before she placed it on the shoe rack without much noise as we entered inside.

 

“Home sweet home~” I mumbled unconsciously after entering inside, it truly felt nice to be back at home. After living in this world for a month, my laziness still hasn’t vanished at all. I would jump into bed after eating dinner and laze around.

 

“You have quite the large residence for three,” Kate said as we entered the living room which was in my definition small but apparently this is a large residence for people that are not of nobility, well Mana is technically from nobility but yeah.

 

After reaching the living room, I soon headed to the sofa where I placed the paper bags I carried onto the table while slowly peeling Flora away and placing her on the sofa as she slept nicely, her sleeping posture is adorable though, at the same time, she has the messiest sleeping posture among us.

 

“Who will cook which?” I asked while combing Flora’s hair as Mana looked at Leisha for a second.

 

“I will make the sandwiches with Kaleen first, in the meantime, the two of you could cut the vegetables and marinate the meat for a while. It shouldn’t be a hard task for the two of you right?” Mana said as shivers ran on my spine for some reason.

 

“Yep, though I can handle the vegetables and meat alone. How about letting Kate do the desserts instead?” I suggested.

 

“Ah right, there were desserts. Yeah, that’s a better layout,” Mana said before the two of us nodded as I soon stood up and grabbed the vegetables and meat before heading to the kitchen which was a fairly large part of the residence.

 

The kitchen was about the size of two rooms and was filled with the latest state of the art technology of this place since my salary is about 800% more than the average citizen’s quarterly though 1% below the average noblemen’s monthly income.

 

Mana and Kaleen… or Leisha seems to be making their sandwiches on a secondary kitchen we built for no reason other than Mana wanting to have a second one for some reason. Kate was on the other side of the kitchen, preparing her own ingredients.

 

After placing the ingredients on a chopping board, I grabbed the knife and grabbed one potato before ending up in a mental block as I looked at the potato confused…. I haven’t cooked in a while, don’t blame me!

 

“How should I chop these potatoes?!” I shouted towards the other kitchen before Mana replied, “Just do it normally!” which confused me as Kate giggled from the side.

 

“Do you need help?” she asked after laying out her ingredients which involved some apples, dough, butter, and plenty of eggs along with some other ingredients that I couldn’t be bothered explaining since there were plenty.

 

“I think you are already busy enough…” I replied with a wry smile as she chuckled before walking over here and grabbing the knife as she swiftly sliced through the potatoes. Her hands were like the wind, swift and precise.

 

“That’s how you should do it,” she said with a bright smile as I looked at her, tilting my head like ‘mate, what did you do… slow down a bit’ but in response, she simply looked at me confused.

 

“Can you redo… I couldn’t catch a proper glimpse,” I requested before she grabbed the knife again but this time slowly slicing the potatoes which made even more sense. The potatoes were sliced… how should I say it, normally?

 

“I understand now, thanks!” I said before she smiled, walking back to her side of the kitchen as I happily sliced the potatoes, humming before shouting at the other kitchen once more, “How should I marinate this pork?!”

 

And so, the cycle repeated as Mana and I kept shouting at one another as she helped me marinate the meat through instructions before time passed as I laid on the sofa, looking at Flora who was happily playing with her toys.

 

It seems like she is a bit lonely though, I wonder if she has friends back in school especially considering that Flora seems to always be accompanied by either Mana or me which could make it hard for her to find friends.

 

“Flora~” I called her before she looked at me with a hmm sound as I continued, “Do you have any friends at school?”

 

“Flowa does, there is Yui and Jean~!” she replied happily as I nodded. It seems like she does have friends though I wonder why I haven’t seen them before.

 

“Are they kind to you?” I asked before she nodded with a joyous look on her face. There was truly no difference between a Great Spirit and a human in terms of everything except their physical strength which could also be fixed by teaching her how to control her powers.

 

It seems like she is also doing exceptional in controlling her powers nowadays which really makes me happy. I want her to smile and enjoy without any discrimination since Great Spirits doesn’t really have the best reputation after that incident that involved the Great Spirit of Fire.

 

“Do you want to play with them tomorrow?” I inquired before she turned around and looked at me with a surprised look as she nodded excitedly.

 

“Flowa wants to play!” she said in an adorable voice as I smiled, it feels nice inside knowing that there is no difference between her and a normal human child. She is Flora, a simple girl who loves to eat and play, that is what I want people and everyone to understand and accept.

 

“We’ll invite them tomorrow since we are staying home for the entirety of tomorrow, do you want both to come tomorrow?” I asked before she nodded with a joyous expression as she ran towards me, hugging me tightly as I hugged back.

 

“The two of you are quite sweet,” Mana’s voice echoed around the room as I looked towards the direction before she and Kaleen could be seen carrying a plate filled with sandwiches. There seems to be something different with the atmosphere they radiated though… I can’t describe it, but it seems peaceful.

 

“Mwama! Sandwiches!” Flora said as she grabbed a sandwich before biting on it happily as she sat on the floor, munching happily like the glutton she was.

 

“It seems like the two of you reached a conclusion,” Kate suddenly appeared from the kitchen, carrying a large pie as both Mana and Leisha nodded at the same time with smiles. I don’t really understand which conclusion they came to nor do I understand anything at all.

 

“Well, how about we enjoy this wondrous meal~?” Kate added before Flora rose her hand and interrupted.

 

“I want my boar!” she shouted before all of them looked at me as shivers ran through my spine.

 

“I was only told to marinate them… not cook them…” I said before Mana sighed as she patted Flora.

 

“We’ll have boar after this, okay~?” she whispered to Flora’s ear as she nodded, munching onto her sandwich like an adorable chickling before Mana clapped her hands as she said, “Please enjoy the meal tonight!” before all of us nodded as we started eating on the meals.

 

 

72