Chapter 43. Boaaaaar! and New Income Source?
1.8k 9 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I’ll take the sandwich!” Kate said as she grabbed the sandwich before taking a bite on it as mayonnaise and ketchup scrambled on her cheeks. A delightful look soon overrode her current expression as she ate the sandwich in one go before loudly sighing in relief, “Delicious!”

 

“Is it? Let me try,” Leisha said as she took a sandwich before taking a bite on it as she screamed in delight, staring at the sandwich with a look that was as if worshipping. I wonder if the one she ate was the one Mana made or she made.

 

“Mwama!” Flora suddenly interrupted in between, plucking a part of her sandwich, and pointing to Mana who seemed confused but soon opened her mouth as Flora fed her the piece with a joyous smile on her face as she asked, “Delish~?”

 

“Mhm, it is delish!” Mana said as she patted Flora’s hair before she cuddled up to Mana, hugging her tightly while burying her head onto her shoulders for a few seconds before turning towards me as she plucked another piece of her sandwich and pointed it to me.

 

Without hesitating, I took the sandwich and munched it before the crispiness and juiciness of the ham, paired with the vegetables engulfed my tastebuds like flames. The sweetness of the ketchup and the custardy texture of the mayonnaise, all of them mixed like water and sugar.

 

“Delish~?” Flora questioned me as her eyes sparkled, in response, I nodded and patted her hair while smiling as she cuddled to me.

 

“It was delicious, thanks Flora~!” I said before she started burying her head onto my shoulder, hugging me tightly as a warm atmosphere covered the room. After some time, Flora soon stopped cuddling me as she sat on my lap and looked at Mana, asking.

 

“Mwama! When cook boar?”

 

Mana was a bit surprised but soon gained her composure as she stood up and patted Flora’s hair before replying, “I will go make right now, do you want to help?” before Flora looked at her with starry eyes as she nodded joyously.

 

“I wanna help Mwama!”

 

“Why are you sooo cute?” Mana asked as she took Flora away from me, lifting her up in the air as Flora spread her arms wide like a cute child. It was an adorable and heartwarming sight to look up as Mana lowered Flora down before Flora held onto Mana’s hand as they nodded at one another before walking towards the kitchen.

 

“I had too much sugar…” Kate suddenly spitted out her cup of coffee after seeing the two walk away in peace, both Leisha… or Kaleen, and I giggled at what she did as I gestured my hand towards a sandwich before bumping to her hand as she backed away in an instant like she was sparked.

 

“Do you want it?” I said while handing her the sandwich before she shook her head as she replied, “It’s fine… you can take it…” before I tilted my head and nodded anyway, taking the sandwich for myself and munching on it.

 

The sandwich this time tasted a bit crunchy, it tasted fine, but the mayonnaise and the ketchup had this different taste on them. It was a bit on the sweet side but still decent enough to eat, the ham was perfectly cooked though which was a plus.

 

“Did you perhaps make this?” I looked at Leisha and asked before she nodded shyly.

 

“Was it bad?” she asked while holding her right hand with her left hand as I shook my head.

 

“It tasted good, could use some more practice especially on the bread itself and also on the ketchup, which was too sweet but overall, I’d give it a 9 out of 10,” I said before a burst of loud laughter exploded from Kate as she smacked my head.

 

“That is what I call a dense idiot!” she laughed which confused me.

 

“What did I do wrong?” I rebuked before she pointed at Leisha who was blushing, for some reason. I was only complimenting her cooking though I was also criticizing it but at the same time, it was mostly a compliment!

 

“Haa—no wonder why you earned the title, “Dense Playgirl” in the city,” Kate laughed super hard as she patted my back before heading back to her seat as I was stunned frozen. What do you mean ‘Dense Playgirl’?! Who did I seduce?!

 

I was confused but decided to shook it off as the three of us continued eating with Leisha acting odd once more as she munched on her sandwich mindlessly.

 

“Speaking of which, what are you two planning to do tomorrow?” I asked before Kate tilted her head as she looked at me and asked.

 

“When is Flora’s birthday again?” she questioned before I froze out of the blue. Right, when is Flora’s birthday… I don’t think she has one in mind, does she? If so, then wouldn’t her birthday be a month and six days ago since that was the day we picked her up.

 

“Hmm, it was a month and six days ago,” I said impulsively before she nodded with disappointment. I wonder if she was planning on celebrating it, back then, I was not even used to this world which was amusing to think that I am still alive and living well.

 

“I see… speaking of which, I heard something about an expedition returning back after a while of disappearance. Their leader looked to be someone who looks quite similar to Mana but with different hair color and someone who was always surrounded by girls,” Kate suddenly changed the topic.

 

An expedition that was lost for a while, wouldn’t that be Mana’s elder sister… then that means the school managed to find them huh.

 

“What happened to them to be lost?” I asked before Kate shook her head.

 

“I don’t know much but according to rumors; it is said that they managed to find a dungeon near the Broken Citadel. The guild is apparently conducting investigations on the dungeon as we speak but then again, it is all rumors,” Kate answered.

 

“That Broken Citadel near the Palace of Eve?” Leisha suddenly asked before Kate nodded.

 

If we are talking about The Broken Citadel and a dungeon near it, then according to my knowledge in Solis, it would be no other than the Dungeon of Julius which was a great spot for grinding experience points but in exchange, the risks were super high.

 

“What did they find there?” I questioned but only received a shrug from Kate as she shook her head.

 

“I don’t know as well; the procedures of the Guild are to investigate first before handing out all the information. The last time a dungeon was discovered was two hundred years ago, after all… everyone is quite rallied up,” Kate answered.

 

All of a sudden, an idea suddenly popped inside my head as I looked at Kate and asked, “What are the rewards of finding a dungeon by the way?” before she looked at me confused, tilting her head as she replied.

 

“If my mind serves me well, you receive 5% to 50% royalty fees from the people entering the dungeon but that also depends on how large your party was when you discovered it. For example, if you discovered it alone then you would receive the full 50% otherwise if you discovered it with someone else then the two of you receive 25% royalty,” she answered before my eyes shined.

 

I might have found a new income source, for as long as some of the dungeons are still active and not discovered here then wouldn’t that mean, I could be receiving up to 50% royalty also deducted together with Mana’s and Flora’s part just by discovering it…?!

 

“I feel like you have something in mind…” Kate suddenly said as she looked at me with a wry smile, hugging her sandwich as I shook my head.

 

“I was just curious~!” I refuted before her eyes turned into doubt as the delicious smell of boar permeated the room as Flora’s shouting voice echoed throughout the living room.

 

“Boaaaaar!” she screamed as Mana carried a plate full of boar meat that was pierced with barbeque sticks. It looked super juicy and absolutely delicious especially with the sauce, I couldn’t help but drool as I stare at the food before me.

 

70