Chapter 63. Guild Master, Shirley (1)
1.4k 18 48
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a few minutes of drying up my outfits and all those other details through the support of Mana’s fire spells; the two of us soon walked towards the melting stinky slime, taking out a bottle from Mana’s bag as I started slicing the slime into cubes. The slime was exactly that of jelly, it sliced easy with only the tip of my knife which sped up our time.

 

Not to mention, the slime was gigantic. According to my estimates, the slime might be enough for ten bottles which is nine times more than what Leisha would have asked; having more than requested isn’t bad though, rather it is much better since the need to search for stinky slimes and battle against them would no longer exist until all of the bottles are consumed.

 

“I wonder which herbs these slimes like to eat for it to smell this bad…” Mana muttered while slicing a large part of the slime and cutting them into cubes, placing them into a bottle after as she continued on while covering her nose.

 

That is a valid question though, most people have no studied what kind of herbs the slimes eat every day to have this stinky smell. For the most part, the only part we know about the slime is that it has great regenerative effects when paired with a certain ingredient and that ingredient is something only Leisha understands well.

 

“If I were to make a valid guess then it has to be Durio,” I joked before a soft giggle left her mouth as she looked at me with a nostalgic look. It wasn’t that long ago when she pranked me with that durian juice which was more than horrendous to drink that after a week of getting used to the academy, I formally sent a request to Aurora, removing the juice.

 

After filling up four bottles of the slime, the large size of the slime was now reduced to almost the size of a basketball ring which was still more than enough for six more bottles. The slime’s smell had slowly dissipated as we continued on at our pace.

 

“Well, Durio would actually be a valid answer. If you think about it, Durio has properties that could heal someone by a tiny amount for a tiny slice, though most studies say that that tiny amount of healing is the limit it can do but no one has studied yet whether that healing property would grow if stacked by possibly thousands of times,” Mana suddenly answered before a soft yawn came from our backs, coming from none other than the sleepy Flora who had given up on her search for boars.

 

“Mwama, Aywumi-ma! Can Flowa go search for boars?”

 

Her desperation for boars is endless that if we were to possibly offer her the entire kingdom’s stock of boars, it would still not be enough to satiate her desire to eat; she was a total glutton, especially for boar meat which is quite the luxury as well on this world.

“No! You can’t roam around without us,” Mana responded, looking at Flora with a serious expression that even the rebellious child couldn’t disobey. The only times Mana would stare at Flora with a super serious expression is when she is super concerned about her.

 

And considering Flora’s sensitivity towards Mana’s emotions, she could sense the concern and worry which is why she wouldn’t disobey when it comes to these moments. Instead, like an intelligent child, she would walk towards Mana and hug her from behind.

 

“Okay! Flowa won’t go anywhere!”

 

It was these two’s harmony that makes it easy for my life, to be honest. Not to mention, it is sort of a great way to brighten up a scene. The more time that passes, the more I could see Flora growing up as a beautiful and intelligent girl like Mana, to be honest. The two have this sort of similar feel that you can’t ignore, whether it’d be on their appearance or personality.

 

“There, there… we’ll search for boars later, okay?” Mana placed the dagger on the floor and hugged Flora, combing the cute deer girl’s hair with her smooth fingers as Flora nodded obediently. It felt like the atmosphere around us turned warm; my heart felt like in heaven from watching their interactions.

 

After some time had passed, the entire slime except for its UwU face had vanished; the two of us had left nearly no remains of its body except for its UwU face, which was useless other than for decoration, but most people already have such decorations.

 

We soon started packing the bottles, sealing them tightly as I placed five on my waist belt while Mana placed two on each pocket while holding one in her hand as we started making our way towards the entrance.

 

“The forest has become quite desolate after the slime appeared,” Mana mumbled, looking around as we traced back our tracks through the help of the mini-map. The forest was nearly deserted after the slime appeared, almost like a calamity had appeared.

 

Well, in technical terms, the Evolved Stinky Slime is actually considered a calamity-tier one after it caused an entire kingdom to close down its capital once from its horrendous smell. The weakness of the slime tends to be aerial attacks and since no one had the higher ground at that time, the slime managed to cause massive damages to the buildings with any potential threats to it vomiting to death.

 

That event was declared, “The Crisis of Stink” which has still stayed within the history books even to this day. Most people would consider it as a joke but according to historians, the event actually happened and had caused nearly the deaths of fifteen thousand people which shocked me a bit, all their deaths were apparently from vomiting.

 

“Ayumi, Mana!” a familiar voice suddenly screamed from the entrance as a fellow golden-haired beauty waved her hand towards us. The beauty was none other than Kate who was with Leisha, carrying herbs on their hands as many people watched from behind.

 

There was a massive crowd waiting at the entrance, most of them had their weapons out especially the long-range ones such as the sorcerers and the archers; the staff of the Guild was all staring at us with surprise as we reached their side.

 

“Have you two encountered the stinky slime?” Kate asked as I took out all five bottles while Mana pointed at her pockets before all of them looked at us with surprise, especially the guild staff who were staring at us with their mouths open.

 

The staff couldn’t believe what they were seeing, some even went near me and inspected the glass bottle themselves only to puke heavily from the smell as they nodded in confirmation before a red-haired girl dressed in a mage’s suit with a straw hat walked towards us and asked.

 

“Have you two… or three perhaps encountered an Evolved Stinky Slime?”

 

It was a bit funny since she immediately changed the quantity to three after Flora glared at her, though that is an off-topic part. From the looks of it, this girl does remind me of the guild master of the city which from the descriptions had red-haired and is usually dressed in suggestive dresses which match the description of this one.

 

“Yes. It was about the size of two carriages,” I answered before shock exploded from the surroundings as they looked at us with surprise.

 

“I see… do you mind telling us a bit about the experience. That is of course after you finish your initial request with the white-haired beauty over there,” the red-haired girl said as we nodded.

 

 

48